4.0.1 Threat gear set

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

4.0.1 Threat gear set

Postby Sugarkills » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:31 am

In 4.0.1 do you guys still have a threat set or do you find with the new mastery the benefit of being block capped is to valuable to pass up on? If you were to use a threat set would you still try to be as close to the block cap as possible without dropping below hit and exp caps?
Sugarkills

Re: 4.0.1 Threat gear set

Postby sculder » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 am

Old-ish thread but no replies so I figured I'd chime in. For me I don't really need a threat set anymore with the vengeance mechanic and the high value of stam as a threat stat. Beyond the initial ~20 seconds my threat is 25k+ sustained, which puts me so far ahead of everyone on threat I haven't even considered the need for a "threat set." That being said, strength is most certainly a dps increase, especially if you're not taking damage to stack vengeance, as well as on fights where the damage is not consistent, making strength a more reliable threat stat than stam.

As for the block cap in a "threat set," it's a major bonus to be able to put out ridiculous tps while being at ~83k hp and block capped. Using strength/dps gear would drop me below the cap, which is something I'm not going to do, at least for now :)
sculder

Postby Digren » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 am

I no longer have a threat set. There's no need as I can hold threat fine in my full-survivability gear. Threat is easier now than it was before.
Digren

Postby Fetzie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:52 am

I have a set which has expertise and hit hard capped, while only being about 4% off block cap at 30k armor and 53k life unbuffed. However, I find that I can hold the boss' attention perfectly well with my normal tanking gear. The ring is in my retri set so can't regem it (yet), this would give me another 400 or so hp. Have logged out in that set.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... k&n=Fetzie
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice