Tier gear

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Tier gear

Postby Vrimmel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:24 am

Is there any point in getting the tier gear any more for bosses? 2-piece is useless on bosses, and for the 4-piece you now sacrifice EH and avoidance compared to the other gear making it harder to reach the block cap. Since chardev isn't working, I can't really see how much we lose by going after the 4-piece bonus. I guess it will get better if we want DP as a part of our rotation, but does the benefit match the loss of stats?
Vrimmel

Re: Tier gear

Postby Arincia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Well from the pespective of hitting block at the 264 gear level i ended up using the whole set. Mainly because helm should and chest (no luck at on H 25 Gunship shoulders) had high amounts of dodge and parry that i could reforge to mastery. The legs oddly enough provided almost the same armor while more combined avoidence and mastery then the crafted legs. (add on enough exp to be soft cap with Valth 25 feet and sot) Hand again was more for threat and i didn't have to reforge them at all.

My experience has been find the piece with the highest single avoidance stat (or double avoidance stats) and reforge that into mastery to hit block cap much easier. I believe i just cost myself about 500 to 900 armor just changing from cata chest and crafted legs to 264 tier chest and legs. MMV depending on your current gear.

Using this same method you could get block capped easily as a fresh 80 with 251/264 gear if you add in a avoidance trinket to reforge (or agi food and more avoidance enchants)
Arincia

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice