Remove Advertisements

Wrathful gear available now without ratings

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Wrathful gear available now without ratings

Postby econ21 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:10 am

It seems like all wrathful gear short of the 277 exceptional weapons is available for honour alone. Although the item descriptions still say they require ratings, you can buy and equip them without.

The 264 weapons are probably superior to all 251 or lower weapons, given their high base dps and slow speed. My warrior snapped up the sword to replace Falric's wrist chopper. The weapon is the one slot where I don't prioritise tanking stats - the threat increase from the base dps and slow speed is too big to neglect (although the PVP weapon does have stamina and even a gem slot). Strangely, I did not notice a big change in her dps or tps (although I did not look specifically for that). I guess tanks' days of topping 5 man damage meters is well and truly over. But she needs every ounce of threat she can get, so I am happy with the purchase.

Having only the 219 HoR shield or worse on both my chars, I picked up the shieldwall too. It has more effective health, although here I am a little sad to be losing the other stats - strength and avoidance. All that resilience it has is now utterly usesless post-4.01 for PVE. But the honour cost - unlike that for the weapons - is negligible.

I have not looked at the other wrathful gear. Will there be a nice set of PVP gear available for honour at 85? Or will we have to wait until the next season is finished to get hand-me downs from the gladiator gear for Arena/Rated BGs? Regardless, I can't see wrathful gear having any value for PVP at 85 - we'd be better off using crafted or PVE gear - so I am not tempted to blow my remaining honour on it.
econ21

Re: Wrathful gear available now without ratings

Postby Morvael » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:19 am

The gear still requires arena or BG rating
Morvael

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 am

Nope,just the description says that the rating is required,but you can actually buy them
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Adryl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:28 pm

I have two question on the shields.

#1: would they even be viable with the change to no def? (right now I have reg Neverending Winter)

#2: I cannot check the actual stats on it but I assume Res still exist post-patch. Can Res be reforged for Mastery?
Adryl

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Adryl wrote:#2: I cannot check the actual stats on it but I assume Res still exist post-patch. Can Res be reforged for Mastery?

resilience cant be reforged into anything from what i have seen & tested
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby econ21 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Adryl wrote:#1: would they even be viable with the change to no def? (right now I have reg Neverending Winter)

I would keep your shield - it has lots of nice stats, whereas the PVP one is all resilience which is utterly wasted. But for unlucky folk like me who are stuck with the HoR or worse shield, the effective health on the PVP one looks attractive.
econ21

Postby Adryl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 pm

econ21 wrote:
Adryl wrote:#1: would they even be viable with the change to no def? (right now I have reg Neverending Winter)

I would keep your shield - it has lots of nice stats, whereas the PVP one is all resilience which is utterly wasted. But for unlucky folk like me who are stuck with the HoR or worse shield, the effective health on the PVP one looks attractive.

thats what I was really wondering. I understand about not being able to reforge the res but I wasn't sure if the health would be a better boon compared to the stats. However I may pick up the Holy shield b/c I have the ToC 10 man shield (forget the dam name). I'll have to compare and play with stats.
Adryl

Postby Sederia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 am

I was wondering about the shields

I picked up the 'tank' one anyway, even though I have Wall of Terror.
figured it would be good for the 'your gearscore must be 9000+ to tank <insertheroichere>' morons
Sederia

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice