AE tanking issues

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

AE tanking issues

Postby Freakymadman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 pm

i seem to be having issues with AE tanking.... was curious if anyone else was having the same issue

with lack of burst threat spells, i found picking up adds on LDW very difficult, and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to pick up adds quickly

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... eakymadman armory link... playing with 2 different specs
Freakymadman

Re: AE tanking issues

Postby Arincia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm

What i did on wensday for DW (when dbm was still broke) i concentration one end before spawns judge/as the middle, taunt the right one then open up with as/holywrath to HoR. So same as i've always done in there.
Arincia

Postby d503 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Apparently we weren't getting 30% Hammer of the Righteous damage from Crusade. That's a significant threat reduction that was unintentional. Pop in a heroic and see if you're still having issues, because this has been hotfixed (Provided you're using Crusade...I hope so!!!)

Your spec is fine. Swap in HotR for Judgement glyph...it's been proven to be much more effective, and the benefit of the Judgement glyph has been found to be minimal.
d503

Postby Freakymadman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:35 pm

alright... thanks. i was noticing that HotR was doing crap for threat
Freakymadman

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:34 am

While I admit it is a bit early to throw in the towel, but I would really recommend to start getting away from the whole AoE thinking. Three, maybe four, adds we can control quite easily, but once you start to get into higher mobs, the mages, locks, etc will revert to their whole, "let's AoE evvvvvvvvvvverything and see how high my dps can be" mode and will end up dying, then QQ. Blizzard is all but removing AoE threat which I found out in Halls of Lightning that I can't just pull a quarter of the place at once and AFK for a minute.

For LDW, I actually found the new range judgement making it a tad easier. Granted I miss having a steady consecrate to rely upon, but with my glyphed shield hitting one, judging another and positioning so the middle add runs right over me, it wasn't too bad. I truly never worried about tanking the Adherent so my abilities are more focused on the Fanatics.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 am

Was only in a 10 heroic and assigned the third add to the other tank. I mean he is there for tanking fun as am I, so why should I make him obsolete.

Can´t comment on 25 h, when I was there I got the guy from behind because I am the new guy. LOSing casters was lots of fun. Shield didn´t work most of the times because of the daze then.

Seems we get different data. My HotR now is doing the same, perhaps a bit more than crusader. Probably because of t10, not sure. Just dont want to get used to my bar setup, so using crusader single target.

Hm seems judge one, AS the other, perhaps consecrate for the third, Hotr and Holy wrath should be enough. Perhaps pop a holy word. Worked on LK adds quite fine.
Dantriges

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice