Remove Advertisements

4.0 =lost armor value...WHY?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: 4.0 =lost armor value...WHY?

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:38 am

Feanorion wrote:
Barathorn wrote:I would imagine the reason it is being changed now is so that the model Blizzard have chosen to use for this expansion stays constant from the new patch forward. That makes perfect sense to me. It enables Blizzard to make sure that they get it exactly right this time and we don't end up with Dragonarse Radience etc.

Crying foul now really doesn't achieve anything, the horse has long since bolted. Embrace the changes.

Embrace a change that puts my armor at Ulduar levels? Screw that. Screw WoW. Screw Blizzard.

Did you ever like anything about wow?
Vrimmel

Postby Ardrhyst » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:21 am

Flex wrote:Armor change = Making it better gear than non-armor stuff at that current tier level but not making it better gear than a tier or two down the road. ToGC10 Ring being ideal for ICC25 hard mode progression is a tad wacky.

Wait, so are you saying that even with the nerf on bonus armor values, the bonus armor gear is still superior than non-bonus armor stuff? That seems really unlikely. Am I misunderstanding?
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Digz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

Wow, I love how Corpse Tongue suddenly became more actractive than Petrified Twilight Scale...

Kinda makes me laugh. I've had CTC in my bags for months and just got PTS 2 weeks ago. :?
Digz

Postby bads » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Perhaps I am wrong, since it looks like I am the only person bringing this up, but they converted most of the bonus armor into strength (just a guesstimation since I am posting at work but Bile-Encrusted Medallion gained ~25 strength while retaining ~200 armor). This isn't necessarily a bad thing since ICC gear is dodge heavy and adding parry will help us reach the block cap with greater ease.

What makes me skeptical is that Noose of Malachite gives me more avoidance after DR than the Medallion and 50ish hit rating that can be used/reforged at the expense of 200 armor.
bads

Postby Morvael » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Pertified Scale and Unidentifiable Organ suddenly became worthless, glad I kept my toc25 trinket.
Morvael

Postby Digz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:31 pm

So, now that I've redone all my gear up, Corpse tongue is really sexy since I can reforge the dodge for 60 mastery on it.

Guess I'll vendor Petrified Twilight.
Digz

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Digz wrote:So, now that I've redone all my gear up, Corpse tongue is really sexy since I can reforge the dodge for 60 mastery on it.

Might want to hold onto it. Reportedly it's a bug.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Digz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:15 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Digz wrote:So, now that I've redone all my gear up, Corpse tongue is really sexy since I can reforge the dodge for 60 mastery on it.

Might want to hold onto it. Reportedly it's a bug.

Man I hope so.
Digz

Postby Teranoid » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm

I just posted this in another thread but as I was reforging some of my prot stuff a few min ago I noticed the armor was back on the Glyph and thus assuming the other trinkets as well.
Teranoid

Postby Morvael » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:02 am

Glyph and Petrified scale both seem to have their armor back, Organ is still screwed.

Edit: Armor has been returned. On my heroic organ it does not show on the item tooltip, however when equipped the my armor value changed by the appropriate amount.
Morvael

Postby Digz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 am

Yup, nice they got that fixed so I think for now my trink choices will be Petrified and CTC as my CTC has been reforged for Mastery and I have enough stam...so glad I got the armor back though.
Digz

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice