The ultimate paladin 5-man heroics gear set!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

The ultimate paladin 5-man heroics gear set!

Postby Feanorion » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Farstriders&n=Feanorion

No, certainly not the most effective, but the most fun--- and isn't that the point of a game? Every time I tank a heroic in this T-6 set (in all the visible slots, with matching weapon and shield, modern tanking gear in invisible slots), I have more fun than I have had tanking in over a year. I have to actually pay attention to the mob's abilities, encounter mechanics, set a kill order--- in short, I have to actually TANK them instead of blowing through them like Hurricane Fean.

And most importantly, I look damned pretty tanking them.

If anyone still has old BC high-end gear stored away, break it out and queue for a random. I guarantee you'll have the time of your life. And I have never been kicked or asked to change gear except in H HoR. Well, even then I immediately swapped gears without being asked. Of course, some of you were tanking these things when they were new in T-6 without the fancy rings/trinkets that I get to use.
Feanorion

Re: The ultimate paladin 5-man heroics gear set!

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 am

I know I still had a few pieces of T6 on me when I went to some of these for the first time (actually I think I was level 78 when I tanked a few of them, and it was a little painful) but I'm sure I had a few crafted pieces and an upgraded weapon.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Feanorion » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 am

Fridmarr wrote:I know I still had a few pieces of T6 on me when I went to some of these for the first time (actually I think I was level 78 when I tanked a few of them, and it was a little painful) but I'm sure I had a few crafted pieces and an upgraded weapon.

Did the weapon and armor match? VISUALS man!!! We need VISUALS!!! :lol:
Feanorion

Postby theckhd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 pm

I think that there's a new challenger for the title. Wear full Judgement. Onyxia helm is fair game, since all we care about is aesthetics, but bonus points for using the original if you have it.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Feanorion » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 pm

theckhd wrote:I think that there's a new challenger for the title. Wear full Judgement. Onyxia helm is fair game, since all we care about is aesthetics, but bonus points for using the original if you have it.

I respectfully disagree. I am in the minority in this opinion, but I happen to not like Judgement, t-8, nor t-10. I loathe tanking in a dress. In my personal opinion, the T-6 (note the capital T :D ) is the most paladin-ish tier set ever.
Feanorion

Postby theckhd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:44 pm

I actually agree that T6 looks more "Paladin-y." T2 was always the Inquisitor look. I might be slightly biased towards thinking it was cool because I still remember when they released the models and everyone thought it was a wonderful contrast to Lawlbanana.

However, it's certainly a bigger challenge to clear heroics in T2 than in T6. None of that annoying defense rating getting in the way of your Spec Identity Confusion Disorder.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Feanorion » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:56 pm

theckhd wrote:--- it's certainly a bigger challenge to clear heroics in T2 than in T6. None of that annoying defense rating getting in the way of your Spec Identity Confusion Disorder.

No disagreement there. Actually, I would pay money to see that.
Feanorion

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Try doing it in 8 pieces of Lightforge. Shield was never ending winter and random ICC stuff in other slots.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:18 am

I would, but I don't have any of my Lightforge gear left. I sharded it and Lawlbringer when I started running out of bank space in Classic or BC.

If I get some time, I might do full Judgement with TF though.
theckhd

Postby twinkfist » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:57 pm

t6 was great except the helm..halo...whatever that thing was. i hated that helm, but the shoulders were tremendous.

t5 was terrible.

loved t4 though...i don't know...i'm a huge fan of the shoulder art...the shoulders looked fantastic on t4.

i have sadly sharded almost all gear...except that i tank heroics with either the sporegar shield or kaz's hardened heart...god i love my sporegar shield...take it to BT and still farm those supplicants.
twinkfist

Postby Mert » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

I really must get around to finishing my Tier 5 set - I've got the pink Barbie shield to go along with it and everything :D
Mert

Postby Feanorion » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:27 am

Mert wrote:I really must get around to finishing my Tier 5 set - I've got the pink Barbie shield to go along with it and everything :D

I went with the ret version of my tier 5, and I use The Torch of the Damned from Black Temple to accentuate it.

What is the pink Barbie shield, and what boss is holding it for me until my vanity drives me to retrieve it?
Feanorion

Postby Darielle » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Mert wrote:I really must get around to finishing my Tier 5 set - I've got the pink Barbie shield to go along with it and everything :D

That better not be a reference to the awesomeness that is Aldori Legacy Defender ....

or a bunny shall snuff it.
Darielle

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice