Remove Advertisements

ICC ready without a single emblem or drop

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: ICC ready without a single emblem or drop

Postby econ21 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:19 am

Well, my warrior alt dinged 80 last night and suddenly saving resources for Cataclysm does not look so attractive once again.

The only thing I have a significant stockpile of on my main is Stonekeeper Shards. I could buy gems with them, but I am inclined to turn them into honour for my alt. I am aiming for the wrathful neck, cloak, bracers and ring but not sure I have all the required 200k honour. I am also grinding Wintergrasp for the titan-forged shoulders, which look very strong given what is available to me.

I am spoiled with the 264 rifle and boots. I have picked up the brewfest stamina trinkets, so several slots are already nicely filled out.

I will craft the titansteel helm for a meta and the shield.

I will use the Wyrmrest chest and Argent Crusade legs to start, although I am not sure I will enchant them as I hope to replace them quickly. Shoulders and hands will also be stand-ins – tempered saronite or thereabouts. The belt is the BoE Waistguard of the Risen Knight my main picked up on a lucky roll.

The weapon is a glaring weakspot – I did not realise how slow grinding the AT dailies is, so that planned AT weapon is out for now. I think I may use the Wyrmrest rep sword instead of the Ragemane mace as I don’t really need the tanking stats but want the highest dps available. The Hodir axe is better dps, but slow and would require raising my axe skill from zero. This is probably the slot I will upgrade most through heroics.

I won’t be taking this character into ICC until my main picks up a decent shield, but I won’t be embarrassed running heroic 5 mans with it. 33k hp and uncrittable is enough.

In terms of more expensive craftables, I am very tempted by the White Knight chest if I can accumulate the mats. The pillars of might are more pricey and ultimately I am wondering about whether T10 might be better for the expertise (no SoV glyph to tide me over). My “ultimate” raid gear wishlist is only 16 expertise with pillars, 25 with T10 and there does not seem an easier way to make up the difference.
econ21

Postby Chasey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:44 am

Another intresting tread. Yes that call to gear new toon and try and get him past the gear score checkers is pretty fun.

I hit 80 about 20 hours ago with my new tank on a new server and i'm boots and helm away from being ready. Gear is just spewed in this xpac.

Anyway, best of luck getting in ICC w/this set up.
Chasey

Postby econ21 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:42 am

My guild did an ICC alt run last night but wisely did not invite my newbie alt.

The thing that has most surprised me about the alt is that the Wrathful PVP gear totally trivialises being uncrittable. I remember with my main having to be very careful about enchants and gear combos to be uncrit on dinging 80. With wrathful neck, cloak and bracers, I am way over the cap without a single enchant. I just hope heroic PUGs realise that when they check my defence - a surprising number of people on my server think resilience only affects PVP.

I haven't bought the good crafted gear yet - I so regret prospecting my stockpile of titanium ore when my alt became a 450 JC.

The thing that worries me most at the moment is threat - an ICC exit mage from my guild was tearing stuff off me in the first heroic I did. I have even chosen the glyph of vigilance to try to compensate, but getting a high dps weapon from the ICC 5 mans is my top priority now. (I currently am only using the 120 dps Wyrmrest vendor sword).
econ21

Postby econ21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 am

I had a rough AZN heroic last night - my threat was poor. So I bought a tankard of terror for 170g. It raises my weapon's dps from 120 to 170, so should be enough for 5 mans.

Someone was selling 6 primordial saronite for 1500g, so I weakened and am now planning to get the pillars of might crafted. I just cannot face being an undergeared tank excluded from VoA and the weekly.
econ21

Postby econ21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Here's the character after 2 heroics (link may update with my gear, but at the time of posting it is 39k health and uncrittable with no heroic drops or emblem purchases):

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Steamwheedle%20Cartel&name=Katamei

Wowhead puts ICC10 at the very tip of the orange bar so it thinks she could go there. But my main won't let her in until he gets his shield. (He's mean.)
econ21

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice