Hi. I never Tanked 25's in Wotlk from where can I start

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Hi. I never Tanked 25's in Wotlk from where can I start

Postby Bilal » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:27 am

Hello there,
I have tanked Ulduar 10,TOC 10 and ICC up to Rotface in 10 man mode and I just want to know if my current stats are ok to Tank any 25 mode raids as an OT before entering ICC 25and which raid is the best start point.
Thank You

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&cn=Bilall

Dragonblight
Bilall
"Tankadins". The Righteous Defenders
Bilal

Re: Hi. I never Tanked 25's in Wotlk from where can I start

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Your gear itself seems alright even for ICC25, just the trinket and shield, however.

Why the hell do you have a 20 expertise gem in your head when you already have 45 expertise, and you're not even matching a socket bonus with it. If you need a red gem, go with agi/stam.

Same with your legs, there's a random def/stam gem in there, that doesn't get you a socket bonus while you're over the defense minimum.

You're also way over the hit cap and yet still have Accuracy on your weapon. Choose one of Mongoose, Agility or Blooddraining.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Bilal » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks for your reply(This is my threat gear). Do you have any suggestion to activate the head socket and a better socket for the leggings. I appreciate advice and constructive critics.
Thank You,
Bilall
Dragonblight

Bilal

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 am

Bilal wrote:Thanks for your reply(This is my threat gear). Do you have any suggestion to activate the head socket and a better socket for the leggings. I appreciate advice and constructive critics.
Thank You,
Bilall
Dragonblight

10 stats isn't that good for tanks at least.

The socket bonus is 12 stamina in the head, so I would put a defense/stam gem in it. You trade 3 stamina you would get from a solid gem for 10 defense.

Match the red socket in your belt with agi/stam to keep your meta active and put 30 stamina in your legs.

And try to upgrade your neck to something else (neck from HoR hc, Onyxia or Jaraxxas10 are all good options), that should shed some of your excess hit.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Bilal » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:
Bilal wrote:Thanks for your reply(This is my threat gear). Do you have any suggestion to activate the head socket and a better socket for the leggings. I appreciate advice and constructive critics.
Thank You,
Bilall
Dragonblight

10 stats isn't that good for tanks at least.

The socket bonus is 12 stamina in the head, so I would put a defense/stam gem in it. You trade 3 stamina you would get from a solid gem for 10 defense.

Match the red socket in your belt with agi/stam to keep your meta active and put 30 stamina in your legs.

And try to upgrade your neck to something else (neck from HoR hc, Onyxia or Jaraxxas10 are all good options), that should shed some of your excess hit.

WOW. Thank you very much that really helped. The 42.9K HP is broken and I am living the 42K now.
Thank You.
Bilal

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice