Ruby sanctum trinket

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Ruby sanctum trinket

Postby Vlad » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:08 am

So this trinkets dropped a couple of times in our runs, more than any other trinket, gone OS every time since no tank wants it.

I haven't got round to checking if its decent, until now

The armor on it seems nice, but then the proc doesn't seem nice at all, so is this trinket any good?

Currently rolling with Sindragosa's flawless fang and corroded skeleton key, with normal Jugs vit in bags
Vlad

Re: Ruby sanctum trinket

Postby inthedrops » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:55 am

I want it. The regular dropped on our first kill and the heroic has dropped once as well. However I needed to save my DKP for LK equippable gear. I guess I could wear it on LK but I like having the SR buffer of all the stam.

I've got my eyes all over it though :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:01 am

I picked it up and wear it is part of my 'generic' tanking set. I think it's slightly superior to unreliable organ on most bosses.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Meloree » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:58 am

Vlad wrote:So this trinkets dropped a couple of times in our runs, more than any other trinket, gone OS every time since no tank wants it.

I haven't got round to checking if its decent, until now

The armor on it seems nice, but then the proc doesn't seem nice at all, so is this trinket any good?

Currently rolling with Sindragosa's flawless fang and corroded skeleton key, with normal Jugs vit in bags

Ehh, it's nice enough. You might consider using it at, say, Festergut 25H, Saurfang 25H, and Sindragosa 25H for reducing healer load (if those fights are progression for you). You might even consider it at LK25H progression, if you're the LK tank, since SR isn't as much of a killer at 30% as the haste that LK gets. The proc is no worse (and arguably better than) the Organ proc. On the other hand, it's not as amazing for tanks as the DPS trinkets are for the DPS, so, honestly, I pray for those. Good news, we've had 4 caster trinkets so far.

When the tank trinket (and boots) dropped, we decided we'd just /rand on them.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Vlad » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:26 am

Currently out progression fights are Putricide heroic and sindrigosa heroic 25man, we're working on putri first and one shotting everything else

I would of thought, if anything, this trinket would be better for putricide than sindi since most of sindis damage is her frost breath, but putricide hits like a truck in p3

Might take it just got putri, or sindi, next time it drops. which for us will probably be next week.

EDIT: As for organ, I never got it as heroic organ never dropped for us, and we're currently working on heroic LK 10 and extending lock out so likely won't be seeing it drop anytime soon
Vlad

Postby superworm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:22 pm

I wear this on our 25m Heroic LK progression fight. Stamina increases your health buffer while armor reduces damage income. Tank death is not quite a big issue in our progression so I think I would like to use something that could ease the healing pressure on me.
superworm

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 am

Vlad wrote:I would of thought, if anything, this trinket would be better for putricide than sindi since most of sindis damage is her frost breath, but putricide hits like a truck in p3

Over the course of a whole fight, the frost damage you will have taken is down at 10% of your total dmg taken, +90% will still be her meele hits.
Breaths are also on a cast timer, this means its easy for healers to prepare and heal accordingly.
In p3 with some debuffs you will want a CD anyway, the differance in trinkets there wont make or break anything for the breaths.

Vlad wrote:EDIT: As for organ, I never got it as heroic organ never dropped for us, and we're currently working on heroic LK 10 and extending lock out so likely won't be seeing it drop anytime soon

Organ is not a good trinket, really. The armor is good i give it that, but the procc is pretty useless.
Counting among the fights that are somewhat hard for the tanks:
Putricide, tankswitch makes you never achieve any real stacks to make much differance, once the stack is "high" your turn to tank is over.
Sindrigosa, with the airphase making the procc fall off each time, and her breath/blistering combined with slow attackspeed, will make the organ stack once or twice before falling off, not to mention P3 where it will fall off each tank rotation.
Lich King, with so much movement combined with infest and a slow attackspeed, it will never really stack anywhere high, on P1 adds they eather oneshot you or not even if the stacks are fully stacked. Ragings its good against actually, fast hitters + multiple of them, but hardly justifiable using over other trinkets really.
Halion, breaths are reliable so armor works well there, and halion actually doesnt hit that slow but i would think it falls off a lot if your tanking in shadowrealm, if your tanking halion + big infernal, the armor wont do much against the elemental but the stacks should be pretty reliable to have up.

All in all its just to unreliable to justify using really imo.
And the same goes for the ruby sanctum trinket really.
Armor is good, but the added dodge is really just unreliable aswell. But unlike organ, i could actually see the halion trinket beeing usefull on sindrigosa or halion (shadowrealm). If the boss hits slow an extra dodge gives the healers a lot more time to top one off, problem is that you will never know if the dodge from the trinket saved you, or if you would have dodged it anyway.
Treck

Postby theckhd » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:51 am

The only reason to use either of the trinkets is for the armor. That said, the RS trinket proc has the advantage of being triggered by a danger condition, similar to AD. Thus, it's generally going to proc when you're in more danger, and has a slightly better chance of being useful than the unreliable stamina proc.

You don't have to "know" that the extra dodge saved your or not - that line of thinking is generally irrelevant. What matters is that the proc reduces your chance to die from the next few melee swings.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Doxa » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 am

Regarding the PP trinket - I hate it. The armor is nice but the proc on it is just plain useless. Occasionally I see 5 stacks but almost never more than that while boss tanking. Of course, stamina in ICC is kinda joke right now with the buff. But, you just can't rely on the stamina stack as it falls off very frequently.
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:46 am

It's been said over and over again that the strength of the organ both at 251 and 264 is the armor contribution, not the stamina proc. You wear the organ for armor, and take any procs of the stamina buff as "icing on the cake."
cds4850

Postby The mighty Iesous » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:48 pm

isnt the procc on the rubi sanctum trinket worthless if there is no sunwell radiance? I think i am well over 30% dodge so wouldnt the procc be wasted in dr?
The mighty Iesous

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:07 am

The mighty Iesous wrote:isnt the procc on the rubi sanctum trinket worthless if there is no sunwell radiance? I think i am well over 30% dodge so wouldnt the procc be wasted in dr?

The radiance has no effect whatsoever on diminishing returns. You still get the full benefit of your dodge rating (dr taken into account) and only then is a flat number subtracted.

The proc is still decent though, that's lot of dodge rating, you should be getting 8+% from it still, off the top of my head.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby The mighty Iesous » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:17 am

no i meant when tanking in instances without a radiance debuff - so no dodge is removed. in this i would have over 40% dodge i think with the procc.....that seems wasted by dr?
The mighty Iesous

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:38 am

The mighty Iesous wrote:no i meant when tanking in instances without a radiance debuff - so no dodge is removed. in this i would have over 40% dodge i think with the procc.....that seems wasted by dr?

That's what I said in the first paragraph.

The diminishing returns are calculated before there are any subtractions. It diminishes exactly the same with or without radiance.

Actually, it's technically even better without radiance, since you'll reduce damage income by more relatively speaking. Having 50% avoidance + 10% reduces damage taken by 20% (1/5), having 60% + 10% reduces damage taken by 25% (1/4).

It's a moot point though. Halion has a self-buff which is effectively Sunwell Radiance, so all current content has radiance anyway.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Awyndel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:39 am

I wear double armor with the organ and scale for most fights nowadays. I tank adds on deathwhisper with armor. I use the fang and the organ on sindy ( she hits really fast ) . for lk hc I went double armor too for the reasons mentioned above. For halion hc I wear double armor coz I mostly die from not being topped while moving during cutter ( slow death scenario yay ) .
Awyndel

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice