The "How High Can I get my stamina at Level 70" project.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

The "How High Can I get my stamina at Level 70" project.

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm

A few weeks ago I was my Baby Belfadin Ellifain on Nagrand,
LFG dungeon running my toon up through the mid 60's.
I got the light-touched Breastplate from Ramps:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=24021
A very nice paladin plate drop with Strength, Stamina, Intellect and THREE gem sockets. Being primarily tank specced I slapped in 3 +24stam gems for good measure.

But that got me thinking (Always a bad thing)...

"How high can i get my health at level 70 by doing this?"

So the project was hatched, and much gold spent!
Rules were simple.
A. Exp Locked my pally as soon as she hit Level 70.
B. Only gear that she can wear at 70 (or below).
C. LK enchants, gems, belt buckles, arcanums, and shoulder enchants.
D. Keep as much intellect as possible to make mana management easier.

I didn't specify that I had to use Only BC gear, but as it turned out all but 1 item is BC, as BC gear has the sockets.
The exception is a WoLK L70 green ring of stamina. (+63).

My latest addition was the Tier 6 helm i got from Mt Hyjal.
I present to you Ellifain:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Ellifain
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: The "How High Can I get my stamina at Level 70" project.

Postby Chasey » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:26 pm

I seen your link a few days/week or so back. I like this! Very cool, and the more T6 or PVP gear you can get the stam will go even higher.
Chasey

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

As of this last weekend ive hit the big 20k. Unbuffed :D
Far higher than what I first estimated. (Was initially hoping for maybe 18k).

Still got a few bits i want to upgrade.
A Lucky BT run or two to get the T6 chestpiece, and Ive got all the mats ready for a BS to craft Hardened Khorum Battlefists - Nice Sunwell level craftable gloves with 2 sockets.
Haven't had any luck finding a BS yet though.
Horde on Nagrand is a pretty quiet server.

You also might note that Elli is not yet crit immune.
388 defence + 79 Resilience does not equal 490.
Would like to work in a bit more crit immunity while maintaining that health.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:55 am

I had posted a write up about this in the Off spec forums while using blue gear for a DK tank, and was able to hit 21k pretty handedly. If you were to include raid drops, and work uncrit in, I'm not sure what the max would be. I will put together a 'bis' type list of how high you could get. The main goal really is how many sockets items will have, and if you are able to get certain trinkets.

EDIT:

There are a couple of pieces here and there that might theoretically work out to a 'few' more stamina. BUT! If you are going for being a 'real tank' at 70, and were trying to maximize your stamina, here is what you would be looking at for BiS

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/153805

24462 HP Unbuffed
493 Defense
22% dodge
16.78 Parry
21.88% Block
19715 Armor.

All of this is completely unbuffed, no aura, nothing. Now, it wouldn't let me pick the 30 stam / 15 resilience Shoulder Enchant even though Wowhead tells me that it only req's 70. That would push you even close to 25k if you indeed can wear that at 70. Adding the resilience to that, you might be able to get away with wearing the rings from HFP PVP which would add enough stam to definitively push you over 25k HP unbuffed. This would be theoretical max HP, and you would dip below 490, meaning that your healing from Ardent Defender would be less.

As a Death Knight, you can cheat if you include raids, as you can include Apolyon on that table which would give you ~22 more stamina All in all, this is one beefy paladin, and if nothing else, does reinforce the idea that they will probably be adding level reqs to the new Cat gems to ensure that you aren't unstoppable.
Shoju

Postby Digren » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

What health bonus do you get from skinning? Wouldn't you be better served as a blacksmith/jewelcrafter? Or a blacksmith/enchanter for the ring enchants?
Digren

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 am

Digren wrote:What health bonus do you get from skinning? Wouldn't you be better served as a blacksmith/jewelcrafter? Or a blacksmith/enchanter for the ring enchants?

There is no stam bonus from skinning. You get a crit bonus. JC would probably be the best if you wanted to push for it, as you could get get the jewelers gems. I believe at 70, you would be best served to be smithing and JC to push the envelope.
Shoju

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Yeah theres no health bonus from skinning.
This toon is skinning mining purely for practical purposes of making gold.
Elli is the highest toon on this server, and all up ive only got around 4k gold, with no epic flying yet.

Practical considerations rule out BS/JC currently.

Last night i had a terrific run with guild in sunwell.
Got the T6 bracers - upgrade across the board from my quest blue.
Got T6 boots - Interestingly while only having 1 socket, as opposed to other pieces having 2, the raw stamina on the item meant that after enchanting and gemming I ended up with slightly more health, and large bonuses to defence, armor, strength, dodge and block.

And lastly I also got the Sword Breaker's Balwark. 1 Socket gave exactly the same total stamina as the 2 socket Exalted Shatar shield, but a vast improvement of other defensive stats.

Total defence now 412 + 79 resilience.
masterpoobaa

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Getting an Eye run in tonight.
One hopes some good loot shall be found from it :)
Have still not got epic gloves crafted - just no sunwell equipped BS'ers on in trade chat it seems.
And the only guildie who may have the pattern is away with net issues.
masterpoobaa

Postby Invisusira » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:14 pm

How's that 412 defense treating you :3
Invisusira

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 am

Grab the 30 stam/15 res PvP shoulder glyph. Does not require a specific player level to apply but only activates when the player is level 70.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice