Remove Advertisements

Tanking weapon, bad gear

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Tanking weapon, bad gear

Postby majiben » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 am

yappo wrote:
Pala wrote:I'm off to enchant my Bloodvenom Blade with Accuracy. I like Berserking's buff but I lose about 1900 armor from its debuff. My warrior co-tank on 25s once commented on why I was using a Frost Giant's Cleaver and I felt a little bad since it wasn't a 'tank' weapon and hurt survivability. I really do like the extra tps from the dps weapons though and this thread has helped give me reasons to use them.

Just have a chat with your co-tank. There are a few fights where a huge discrepancy in threat is suboptimal. Saurfang comes to mind :D
Hence you might want a tank-weapon handy in order to be able to LOWER your threat without trashing your rotation.
Personally, I prefer to use a salvation on myself in those situations.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Re: Tanking weapon, bad gear

Postby Pala » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:38 am

Yeah, Gormok was hilarious right after ToC opened. That was before our Righteous Fury was lowered. I used to just auto-attack sometimes to not pull off the warrior when Hand of Salvation was down. Things have evened out more but this new weapon idea might be fun. :twisted:
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice