Petrified Twilight Scale ?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Petrified Twilight Scale ?

Postby Araiken » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 pm

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the new trinket from Ruby Sanctum, [Petrified Twilight Scale]. I got it tonight and it seems pretty nice so far.
Araiken

Re: Petrified Twilight Scale ?

Postby Candoric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

First, congratulations. Being a EU-peon I did not have the pleasure, yet. ;)

It simply massacres the Glyph of Indomitability on your armor trinket setup - especially the heroic version at which point it becomes wholesale slaughter. The proc is an added bonus but not the thing that makes it sexy. 'tis just not the time for avoidance.
Candoric

Re: Petrified Twilight Scale ?

Postby pfunkmort » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:45 am

...further down the page of topics on this forum, you will find...

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

I think the best you're going to see popping 4 pc and that proccing in 277 gear is like 68% avoidance post lol+t5dragonwell radiance. In conjunction with AD proccing, if you can monitor and adapt your cd map to trinket procs, you become retardedly sturdy against physical encounters sub 35% (once a minute), which turns a number of relatively marginal CDs into one big one. Assuming you're wearing...well...my gear (armor levels and a fang), you're looking at gaining about 1% DR from armor, which is the equivalent of about 1k off (maybe a little more like 1.5k) a melee from H Halion. With the proc, AD and the on use from the fang for onoz moments and the idea that p3 RS has the healers split between the dark/light realms...it's a reasonable idea for overall survivability to lower incoming damage and increase ttd from 35%-0. We burned through normal tonight in light of the 4th weekend, and I got the trinket (mostly snagged it for LK heroic adds in p1)...but I'm still debating whether or not I want to wear it in halion progression. Mind you, I'd also be taking a pretty hefty downgrade switching to 4pc, as heroic conq doesn't drop, and I'd have to switch out 2 277 off-tier items to set it up, let alone reitemizing hit or making pattycake with my hunters/rogues.

Anyway, to recap - primary link is the bulk of the conversation about it, if you missed it. As for the rest (my opinion) I think it's a phenomenal trinket (as is the heroic version of the putricide 10 trinket, imo) in that it gives you base EH with an interesting and possibly worthwhile proc. With AD proccing (the damage redux component sub 35% - not cheat death), a well timed 4pc 10 use, and possibly some magic resistance, paladins are amazing at avoiding/mitigating incoming damage once they get low enough (and you presumably stay there if you ever DO end up proccing cheat death - making THAT part of AD more powerful as well).....BUT...have fun with that, because you won't see any relevant content ever again where those levels of avoidance are left as part of the encounter mechanics unmolested. With the avoidance nerfs in ICC and RS, and the incoming avoidance nerfs in cataclysm, look at topping out at about 65% avoidance on a good day, which while nice...isn't THAT far off from the 57% avoidance you'd have with another armor trinket with a different proc, instead...and will cost about 3k hp over a stam trinket.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice