Remove Advertisements

Anyone got an example of a block gear set? (Anub adds etc?)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Anyone got an example of a block gear set? (Anub adds etc?)

Postby econ21 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:11 am

I've read that stacking block rating and block value would be good for tanking the adds in Anubarak, but I've never seen an example of such a gear set. What items would be in it? I've read Wrathy's guide to gear sets, so understand the general criteria but am just curious what items to look out for. It seems like most ICC gear does not have block stats on. Coming late to Wotlk, I've missed out on Ulduar gear - could a block set be constructed out of other content? I know BC had quite a few notable block items (e.g. badge libram and was it SoL trinket?) but am not sure if it would be justified to include such low item level pieces.

Apologies if this is covered in other threads - I've skimmed the ToC strategies sub-forum.
econ21

Re: Anyone got an example of a block gear set? (Anub adds etc?)

Postby RedAces » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 am

hey,

I use this gearset:
http://chardev.org/?profile=421741

You'll need Elixier of Mighty Defense, Elixier of Mighty Defense and Slippery Eel in order to reach the 101,6% combined Avoid. (I was at >102% with this gear and buffs)

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:23 am

Wrathy recently made a post on the Anub'arak adds tanking thread on the subject.

Basically there's several alternatives to items in her set, all coming from ulduar/naxx (conquest badge pants are good too and a few pieces of T7) but overall that's the gear you need.

Upgrades from T10 are the weapon from heroic HoR with BR, Juggernaughts band instead of Anub'arak ring, possibly Gunship Trinket instead of Ony one, though I didn't do math on that, 10 man Gunship shield instead of Boreal Guard.

You need a couple Naxx25 and Ulduar25 runs to get a decent shot at the gear needed for this, as I doubt you'll find the BoE items on the AH.

[edit, RedAces was faster and posted a more up to date set]
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 am

heyho,

I have something to add...
http://www.stratfu.com/strats/anubarak/anubarak-add-tanking-warrior is an excellent gear guide for a warrior, you can use almost any tipps given there!

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice