Remove Advertisements

Gearguide overgeared content (WIP)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Gearguide overgeared content (WIP)

Postby yappo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am

econ21 wrote:It's interesting that you have gemmed the legs for stamina (ish) but used the dps enchant. I've tended to slot pure strength for any "dps tank" pieces, but I acquired that mentality when enhancing my PvP gear where the slot bonuses seem weak. For PvE gear, I will think more about slot bonuses now.

Ah, sorry about that. The belt dropped off Fester 25 yesterday. I now have some 600 UB hp I can safely peel away :D The 30 stamina on legs (following my internal advice to myself) should be 10 str and 15 stamina, as the 10 str/15stam slots into a blue socket as well. It's taken me some time to see the use of blue slots for increased dps, because, well, you know, blue slots are ALWAYS 30 stamina :D
yappo

Postby yappo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 am

Bumping after edit.
yappo

Postby yappo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:15 am

On a related subject:

While ICC 10 normal likely is lol-content for most of the posters here, I suspect the majority of readers might not feel the same, which is the reason for the following anecdotal listing.

ICC 10 /trade pug.

I'm using my my 'mid-level' heroics set (5800+ GS for those thus inclined) which is utterly 'destroyed' chanting and gem -wise for max-dps. While uncrittable it's still 'horribly' enough designed that I occasionally get sour comments at the start of a daily random hc.

Pre-Marrowgar, including triple skellies (no rogue).

Lady Deathwhisper.

"Hardmode" lootship, home-guard.

Trash, minus doggies, to Fester/Rot

Rotface (big oops, forgot to regear, but in reality I could have used hypothetical green ilevel 251 'of stamina' gear as kiting tank, with zero extra uncrittability)

Gauntlet up to and including the entire Dreamwalker encounter.

The actual Bloodqueen fight.

Even though it started with healers graciously accepting that I used this before Marrow, it very soon changed to becoming the preferred tank-setup by raidleaders, all healers and two dps (lowest dps explicitly complained, and my cotank didn't say anything as I guess he was happy enough doing instant progression from 5/12 to 10/12 in a single late-night pug).

Preferred gear implies 'better than the alternatives', and while hard-core raiders might laugh their colletive arses off at an 1 - 1.5k increased raid-dps from one tank, in reality it gave us a wee bit more wiggle-room to handle bad performance (from the standing in sexy coloured goo -point of view), which was, on two ocasions, enough to convert a near wipe into a kill.

I want to underscore the importance of pushing dps (not threat) a little bit higher as long as the cost is the difference between a hysterically unkillable tank and a merely unkillable tank.
yappo

Postby Meloree » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:14 am

yappo wrote:Preferred gear implies 'better than the alternatives', and while hard-core raiders might laugh their colletive arses off at an 1 - 1.5k increased raid-dps from one tank, in reality it gave us a wee bit more wiggle-room to handle bad performance (from the standing in sexy coloured goo -point of view), which was, on two ocasions, enough to convert a near wipe into a kill.

Hardcore raid leaders love every single solitary unit of DPS. We treat each one like it's a unique and special snowflake, make it feel valued and respected.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:19 am

You're just saying that so you can whore yourself on WoL some more.
Levantine

Postby Meloree » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 am

Levantine wrote:You're just saying that so you can whore yourself on WoL some more.

No, sir. I've done that enough. I do have a modicum of modesty.

But thank you for pimping for me.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am

Meloree wrote:
Levantine wrote:You're just saying that so you can whore yourself on WoL some more.

No, sir. I've done that enough. I do have a modicum of modesty.

But thank you for pimping for me.

Haha! I'm done trying to whore too :) Haven't even checked to see if any of my old records even remain.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 am

inthedrops wrote:
Haha! I'm done trying to whore too :) Haven't even checked to see if any of my old records even remain.

For clarity, I'm not done with parse-chasing. It's the only thing to keep content entertaining for the next x-months until Cataclysm. I meant to say that I'm done bragging about it.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice