Remove Advertisements

Gearguide overgeared content (WIP)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gearguide overgeared content (WIP)

Postby yappo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:49 am

This is a gearguide for those of you who have too much wow-gold, too many emblems of every kind and have become bored of the daily random, weekly raid, VoA 10 and the parts of ICC 10 where you fall asleep.

You don't care a rat's arse if people give you strange looks. BIG yellow numbers is top priority as long as you don't die.

I'm also assuming you're decked out with an occasional 232 or two, a few 251 and the bulk 264, or possibly better. I'm also assuming you're "destroying" gear you no longer need for actual tanking.

I'll primarily concentrate on easy to get items. Easy to get here still means you may end up dishing out hundreds of Emblems of Frost, or shop for literally tens of thousands of gold on the AH.

Whenever I use the term BiS I mean it for the purpose of this guide. I'm also using it in reference to a given set of resources, so I could very well talk about BiS 251 gear for the best piece you can grab without having RNG smile at you.

It's very important to understand that you're expected to have gear slots far surpassing the items listed here. However, RNG being RNG, I can't make guesses where you've been very lucky. This list can, however, help you mitigate the slots where your own luck still shines with its absence.

Helmet: Metagem [Swift Skyflare Diamond] if you're dropping Pursuit of Justice for some extra crit, [Invigorating Eartsiege Diamond] if you prefer a guaranteed dps-increase with the occasional self-heal or [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond] if BIG numbers are what makes you tick. For the single target, high dps, tank [Eternal Earthsiege Diamond] is also an option. Observe that the last metagem comes with a chunk of defence rating, which might force you to pick it to stay uncrittable.
Helmet: Enchant [Arcanum of Torment], sold by the Ebon Blade quartermaster.
Rationale: Stamina and 2% extra armour won't make your healer fall any less asleep.
Helmet: [Lightsworn Faceguard], T10, ilevel 251, 95 Emblems of Frost.

I only list one helmet here. If you're far enough progressed in ICC to have extra tokens lying around for upgrading to 264 or even 277, by all means do so. I hold this helmet as BiS for it's ilevel, no matter if it's 251, 264 or 277.

Neck: [Wodin's Lucky Necklace], BoE ilevel 264.
Neck: [Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Victory], ilevel 264, 52200 honour, or Toravon 25. This is the PvP hit-rating option. Bought from PvP vendor in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
Neck: [Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Triumph], ilevel 264, 54200 honour. This is the PvP crit-rating option. Bought from PvP vendor in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

Wodin's will have you scrambling for defence, but the huge chunk of agility adds a fair amount of avoidance as well as armour. It is, however, a better dps-neck than either of the PvP options.
The PvP necks will allow you to fall well below 530 def because of the 60 resilience.
As all these necks lack strength, this is a slot you'll want to exchange for a dps neck with strength should one drop for you.

Neck: [Ahn'kar Onyx Neckguard], ilevel 264. Drops from Deathwhisper 25. As it's from the first wing there's a possibility that a tank would be allowed to roll on this as offspec.

Shoulders: Enchant [Greater Inscription of the Axe]
Rationale: 40 attack power and 15 crit rating is a decent chunk of extra damage.
Shoulders: [Relentless Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders], ilevel 251, 60 Emblems of Frost. Bought from Emblems of Frost Vendor. This is your PvP crit rating option.
Shoulders: [Titan Forged Shoulderplates of Triumph], ilevel 251, almost 64 gold and 40 [Wintergrasp Mark of Honor]. Bought from the Wintergrasp quartermaster. This is your PvP hit rating option.

Unless you're sporting the 264 or 277 Gunship tanking shoulders either of these are fantastic for balancing uncrittability while still maintaining a good chunk of strength.

Cloak: Enchant [Major Agility].
Rationale: A minor crit-increase is better than nothing. There really isn't much more to be found here.
Cloak: I can't see why you would want to exhange your [Sentile's Winter Cloak] for any of the easily available PvP options.

I'm not listing the strength based dps cloak for 50 EoF for the simple reason I'm allergic to paladin dps gear with a huge chunk of Armour Penetration on it.

Chest: Enchant [Powerful Stats]
Rationale: This is pretty much the only valid threat enchant for this slot.
Chest: [Cataclysmic Chestguard] The huge chunk of Expertise makes your trusty Cata chest hard to replace.

We have the same problem with the EoF dps chest piece. An absurd amount of Armour Penetration makes it next to useless for a paladin.

Wrist: Enchant [Greater Assault].
Rationale: 40 stamina lost is a LOT. 50 attackpower, however, is a good chunk of extra damage.
Wrist: [Wrathful Gladiator's Bracers of Triumph], ilevel 264, 43400 honour. Bought from the PvP vendor in Orgrimmar or Stowmwind.

This is quite simply the BiS barring drops.

Weapon: Enchant with [Berserking]
Rationale: While Berserking cuts a good part of armour you're not planing to take damage in the first place anyway. If anything this will help you regain mana lost.
Weapon: [Nighttime], ilevel 232, a rather lowlevel weapon available from Forge of Souls.
Weapon: [Quel'Delar Cunning of the Shadows], ilevel 251, the final questreward from the quest-chain starting with the [Battered Hilt] dropped from any of the ICC five-man or bought from the AH.
Weapon: [Frost Giant's Cleaver], ilevel 251. Drops from Gunship 10, so it's a fair bet all mainspecs already have this or a better one.
Weapon: [Gutbuster], ilevel 251. Drops from Festergut. As it's the second wing for most pugs dps are slowly getting saturated with this drop. While this beauty has the rather worthless ArP substituted for a much sweeter hit-rating, do note that it also comes with very low numbers in stamina and agility.

While there certainly exist PvP weapons, I'm simply too unfamiliar with Arena PvP to know if 1800 rating equates an easy to get weapon. Nonetheless I'll give you [a 2200 arena rating monster] in the threat departement as an example of what is available for the avid PvP player.

Shield: Enchant [Titanium Plating] or [Titanium Shield Spike]. If at all possible you'd want two different shields, one for single target and one for AoE.
Rationale: The spike is for AoE and the plating for single target, at least concerning creating big yellow numbers.
Shield: [Neverending Winter], ilevel 251. Drops from Gunship 10.
Shield: [Forlorn Barrier], ilevel 245. Drops from Northrend Beasts 25.

I'd personally advice you to get the ToC 25 shield, if at all possible the ilevel 258 version, but convincing 24 other people to help you get your easy to get shield every week until it drops hardly qualifies. Even though I've linked two shields here, in reality you simply grab your best non-progression shield, pray that it comes with Block Value rather than Block Rating and slap on that dps-enchant.

Libram: [Libram of Valiance].

There really isn't any other option for this slot.

Trinket: [Darkmoon Card Greatness], ilevel 200, crafted. Make sure you buy the strength version.
Trinket: [Herkuml War Token], ilevel 264, 60 Emblems of Frost.
Trinket: [Whispering Fanged Skull], ilevel 251. Drops from Deathwhisper 10 man.

These are just three examples of trinkets you could aim for. Two of them are guaranteed, one an Inscription craft and the other shopped for EoF. 90 strength with an optional extra 300 strength doesn't need an explanation. A seemingly tedious stacking up to 340 Attack Power might seem a bit strange. However, the paladin tank hits a lot of targets, often. It'll climb to those 340 in just about no time at all in an AoE environment.

Ring: [Runed Ring of the Kirin Tor], ilevel 251.
Ring: [Ring of Rotting Sinew], ilevel 264, BoE.

The above are easy to get.

Ring: [Skeleton Lord's Circle], ilevel 264. Drops from Gunship 25, so a tank could possibly have a go at it as offspec in order to upgrade the Kirin Tor ring.

There's not all that much to say about the rings. Strength and dps-stats while keeping a decent chunk of stamina is just about perfect for us.

Feet: Enchant [Icewalker] if you need the hitrating or [Greater Assault] if not.
Rationale: There isn't much more to pick here.
Feet: [Boots of Kingly Upheaval], ilevel 264, crafted. The hitrating on these are very welcome.

The crafted dps feet is another Armour Penetration disaster and thus useless for this purpose.

Legs: Enchant [Icescale Leg Armour].
Legs: [Sanctified Lightsworn Legguards], ilevel 264, T 10. These can drop from VoA, which is the case I have the 264 version listed here. If you're unlucky there's a [251 version] as well. These are fantastic if you want to kick up your expertise a bit.
Legs: [Legguards of Lost Hope], ilevel 264. Drops from Marrowgar 25 and is for the hit-starved.

Again the crafted dps option comes with a crapton of useless Armour Penetration.

Belt: [Verdigris Chain Belt], ilevel 264, 60 Emblems of Triumph.

There's no replacement that's easy to get, but if you have a second belt dropping just slap on dps gems on the belt you favour the least for actual tanking.

Hands: Enchant [Crusher].
Rationale: We're not intersted in threat per see. We want big yellow numbers. Armsman doesn't increase those numbers. While 44 attackpower isn't a fantastic dps-increase it's pretty much our only otion here.
Hands: [Sanctified Lightsworn Handguards], ilevel 261, T 10. Listed here because they drop in VoA 25. There's also a [251 version] available. These are sweet for the hit-rating.

Observe that there are five pieces of retribution paladin T10 gear. If you have the tokens for upgrading to 264, as well as the uncrittability to afford dropping defence, then these are interesting to look at. However, at ilevel 251 I just can't defend dropping a 264 tanking piece in favour of a 251 retribution one. Especially not when you consider the golden T10 tanking bonus.

Overall gemming: Strength and hit rating wherever possible. You want to land at around 263 hit rating, after which strength is the only way to go.

You should land at around 35k health unbuffed and a decent 27k (or better) armour while maintaining uncrittability, so this will STILL be a valid tanking set. Maintaining uncrittability should never be a problem because of the Resilience available from PvP gear.

Getting this gear or same quality, should land the pally tank at almost 4.5k sustained dps in a heroic five-man. ICC 10 trash ought to generate 8 - 10k dps. I'm vary of dragging this kind of set into ICC 25 unless I'm dragging along a healer who's also keeling over from boredom. I've done so ONCE, and it was a VERY well geared healer. 15k dps as a tank was fun for certain.

Edit 2010-06-29. Second edit. Cleared out a few typos, added an item and added clarifications for each gear type.
Edit 2010-07-05. Third edit. Added weapon Gutbuster and 2200 arena weapon.
Last edited by yappo on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 39 times in total.
yappo

Re: Gearguide overgeared content (WIP)

Postby bashef » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:55 am

This is a fairly amusing past-time, but you're glossing over a lot of potential gearing options (or at least that's how it comes off, apologies if not). What I mean by that is, you're often better of taking pieces from your usual tanking set (esp where they provide very good damage bonuses, as in the case of 2t10) and subbing in ret gear once you're above defense min (starts at 535 for heroics remember, not 540, which can be further lessened if you have the PVP chant on the shoulders you use). This does of course assume you have worthy ret gear (don't use Naxx ret gear in place of ICC25 tank).

My personal setup for heroics uses 2t10 from my main tanking set, 2t9 regemmed for strength, and then some ilevel 264 ret stuff (rings, back, neck) as well as dps trinkets. I use Dreamwalker feet (from normal tank gear) for the masses of expertise and defense, I have a Bloodvenom Blade with Berserking and an old shield with BV enchant, etc etc. The point is you should play around with potentially subbing in very strong dps gear in some slots even if it means using threat-oriented MT gear in others to stay (roughly) uncrittable.

Also, it bears remembering... depending on the healer, being uncrittable isn't necessary in heroics, especially if you're in ilevel 264 plate. Between holy shield uptime, redoubt procs, and the masses of armour you have (and you'll probably still be in the 30-35k health range) crits won't come often and when they do it will still take a string of them to kill you. Basically, know your healer and what you're doing (I think I've even tanked patch10 while crittable) and as long as everyone knows you're just having fun and it's old content, it's a great idea to try to liven things up a bit!
bashef

Postby yappo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:45 am

Oh yes, the list is lacking a LOT of items, being a WIP as it is.

The reason to look at both 535 as well as 540 defence (or its counterpart in combined def/resilience) is for being prepared to handle raidbosses in overgeared content. Ie, you may want to avoid major item-juggling while harassing your dps-players during a weekly Jaraxxus raid for example.

I personally believe you're just fine hitting any five-man pre-ToC heroic in almost full retri gear. However, my own shits and giggles run yesterday on mobs up to Marrowgar (10 man) would have led to a wipe if I had tried that stunt crittable and with comparatively low hp. 535 def with a mostly tank:ish gearset still landed me at almost 8k sustained dps. A grand total of one dps managed to match that.

Is it needed? Of course not. Is it fun? You bet :D

However, I can see three fights where this type of gearset makes perfect sense for getting the job done optimally. Deathwhisper, Dreamwalker and homeguard on lootship. But, yes, this list will mostly be for helping people squeeze out some laughs while waiting for Cataclysm.
yappo

Postby econ21 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:36 am

This would be a fun project to complete. I guess most of us are running our daily heroic for frost and tempted to see how low we can go on tank stats in order to raise dps without risk of dying.

Some veterans have access to threat sets of high item level tanking (or even better, ret) gear that they can gem and enchant for dps/threat. See, for example, this thread with a threat set based around heroic 25 man items.
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
Personally, I am starting to accumulate a fair number of ICC10 plate dps gear as no one else wants them, but they don't seem very attractive as they come with ArP. We normally shard ICC10 tank gear, but now I am thinking about rolling for them for a threat set, gemmed and enchanted for dps.

But such sets will tend to be rather idiosyncratic and not available to all, so it might be interesting to identify budget or "failsafe" pieces as well as particular "standout" drops. I am not sure I would go as far as including all possible frost items - for example, getting a second cat chest just to put str gems and +10 stats on seems a little excessive. That might be a case where you just keep your main tank chest and find the dps from other slots. But if the 264 dps trinket is good, then that should be on the list as many tankadins might want to build up a ret set anyway.

Generically, there seem to be three kinds of threat pieces:
- PvE ret
- PvE tanking, gemmed and enchanted for threat
- PvP ret
I suspect an "entry level" dps/tank set will mix all three, so it might be good to point out the better and more accessible items for different slots. For example, I've read that PvP offset pieces tend to be weaker for us, as they give AP rather than Str. However, against that, the main PvP set pieces available for honour (furious) are lower item levels than the offpieces. One item I would mention are the T9 legs (dont have T10 yet) because the BV is good for our dps (RAWR put it equal to ret T9 legs for me) and I really like the 2pc T9 bonus for heroics - rapid taunts on loose mobs are great for PUGs that go pear-shaped.

I've tanked heroics, including PoS trash, and Stinky/Precious in my Wintergrasp gear - PvP ret gear with a few tank items (cat chest; T9 legs; corroded skeleton key) - without noticing a problem. (OK, in some cases, I tanked with them because I did not notice ... :oops: ). PvP gear gives you stamina, armour and uncrittability but is more likely to freak out PUGS and drain your healer's mana. To be honest, if this were a single player game, I'd just do heroics in my WG gear. PVP gear offers a nice balance of survival and damage, a happy medium between tanking and PvE dps gear. However, I shelved that set after a healer quit at the start of the instance because of it. The whole point of this thread is to get through heroics easier/more fun and since PVP gear risks inducing the healer to quit, it can have the opposite effect.

One problem for me is working out the dps of different items. I have looked at threat as calculated by RAWR, but given the errors identified by Threck, this is flawed. It's probably better to use stat values based on Threck's matlab thread - they differ a lot from RAWRs - but this is more cumbersome than using RAWR (I really like the way RAWR automatically takes into account the set bonuses and stat caps etc).

EDIT: Playing around with my Wintergrasp gear in RAWR, I am thinking about the following as a heroic set (the stars are changes from my normal PvP gear):

Head: T9 prot* (RAWR likes the BV; and the BV meta-gem)
Neck: Wrathful
Cloak: Scalpel Sharpening Shoulders (ICC 10 drop I picked up)
Shoulders: Pauldrons of Endless Rage (245 ret)*
Chest: Cata
Bracers: Wrathful
Hands: Festering fingerguards (another ICC10 drop)
Belt: Relentless
Legs: T9 prot*
Feet: Bone Drake (ICC10)
Ring 1: Ashen Verdict
Ring 2: Clutch
Trinket 1: DMC:G
Trinket 2: Corroded skeleton key
Weapon: Bone Sceptre (going to get hilt one eventually)
Shield: Shield of Ruin (no better drop now)
Libram: Sacred Shield (this is a heroic set, so no SoV)

This gives me almost 37k hp with sanctuary up; is uncrittable; hit capped for level 80 mobs; and 32 expertise. RAWR estimates the dps as modest (2837 presumably single target) but compared to 2117 from my raid set. Thanks to the ICC10 ret drops, the PVP gear is barely noticeable - so healers are not going to quit - but does make up for the deficit in defence. Avoidance is 40%. This compares with my raid set of 48k hp and 58% avoidance.
econ21

Postby Fiaraa » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:43 pm

T10 Gloves
T10 Pants

No questions!
Fiaraa

Postby econ21 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:39 am

I tried out the threat set sketched in my previous post in heroic Nexus and was rather underwhelmed. My DPS was only 3k whereas normally it is around 2600. That seemed a very small gain from 10 epic strength gems, 3 ret pieces, 2 PVP pieces and 2 T9 block pieces. It may not have been an entirely good test, as the heroic involved 4 folk from another guild where a retadin and cat just went crazy - running ahead and killing everything. However, I do recall tanking in PVP gear brought a similarly modest gain in DPS.

I have yet to get a decent slow weapon or T10 legs + gloves, though.

I suspect the 6k tank dps numbers I keep reading about are either folk with great gear and/or where they pull multiple groups of trash.

BTW: I compared the RAWR and Threck dps/stat figures, looking at the trade-off of a given threat stat compared to strength. The RAWR ratios seem broadly ok for the non-capped stats (did not look at hit and expertise) except that RAWR overvalues block value relative to strength.
econ21

Postby Barathorn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 am

econ21 wrote:I suspect the 6k tank dps numbers I keep reading about are either folk with great gear and/or where they pull multiple groups of trash.

In my PvP set I am pulling upwards of 5k DPS so you dont need amazing gear to get there, just time and daily BG's. The biggest part of it is having 2 piece T10 as far as I am concerned for the +20% damage on HotR. I don't have a greatness card and am still seeing huge numbers. I just ensure I have a guild healer who knows I will be spikey and off we go.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby econ21 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 am

Barathorn wrote:The biggest part of it is having 2 piece T10 as far as I am concerned for the +20% damage on HotR.

I can see that would be sweet, but just putting it through RAWR, switching to those two pieces (from festering fingerguards and T9 legs) would actually lower my predicted DPS slightly (from 2788 to 2741). However, RAWR may not be modelling things right - I know it overvalues block - and I am only using the 251 versions of most gear as that is what is currently available to me. RAWR does like the T10 ret stuff though.

I have grinded out BGs for all possible honour items (and got DMC: Greatness), but never hit anything approaching 5k dps. I do tend to play safe though, almost never pulling more than one group of trash at a time.
econ21

Postby Barathorn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:39 am

econ21 wrote:
Barathorn wrote:The biggest part of it is having 2 piece T10 as far as I am concerned for the +20% damage on HotR.

I can see that would be sweet, but just putting it through RAWR, switching to those two pieces (from festering fingerguards and T9 legs) would actually lower my predicted DPS slightly (from 2788 to 2741). However, RAWR may not be modelling things right - I know it overvalues block - and I am only using the 251 versions of most gear as that is what is currently available to me. RAWR does like the T10 ret stuff though.

I have grinded out BGs for all possible honour items (and got DMC: Greatness), but never hit anything approaching 5k dps. I do tend to play safe though, almost never pulling more than one group of trash at a time.

This is me in pvp gear so you can see what I have equipped.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Barathorn

I change out the resilience trinket for an alchemists stone [+100AP +50 crit] but otherwise that is what I use pretty much. I only take on one pull at a time but could easily do 2-3 packs if I wanted to. I have only started using this set up this week and have had no problems at all with it.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:44 am

Fiaraa wrote:T10 Gloves
T10 Pants

No questions!

Pants and Helm are better imho. The amount of strength on the helm is ridiculous compared to the gloves.

econ21 wrote:I tried out the threat set sketched in my previous post in heroic Nexus and was rather underwhelmed.

You should keep trying. Don't count one run. The best possible party makeup for maximum pally tank dps will have a DK (for their Horn buff) and a Warrior or Paladin (for an AP buff). The difference between having them and not is HUGE.

econ21 wrote:I suspect the 6k tank dps numbers I keep reading about are either folk with great gear and/or where they pull multiple groups of trash.

Gear, yes. But multiple groups, not really. Check the video linked above. On the large packs near the end which we might as well consider "multiple groups" since there are so many mobs (6 I think) I'm pulling 10k. On the smaller groups with two mobs I'm still pulling 6-8k. And single target mobs are about ~4.5-6.5k (varies a lot depending on procs and crits).

There are some dungeons that are more friendly for pulling multiple groups and racking up crazy numbers. But I don't do that in pugs because more often than not something goes bad. Usually what happens is DPS and healers don't follow me. With in-guild groups when I do actually pull multiple groups the numbers are surprisingly underwhelming, mostly because stuff dies so quick. I can't even bring one pack to the next before the prior pack is dead. Meanwhile recount still considers me in combat but I'm not doing a full rotation when dragging the packs together.

It's funny how that works out.

Regarding RAWR, I simply wouldn't be using it for this. I don't trust that it actually models paladin tanking DPS. Additionally, the amount of DPS we do on Single target vs. AoE packs are two completely separate models in my mind. For example, on single target believe it or not my Melee and Vengeance seal usually do the top damage if the mob lives long enough, with ShoR being quite low down the charts. And Block value affects only ShoR damage. I probably woudln't be using RAWR for this.

Adding STR gems is a very slow way of adding DPS. One gem really doesn't add that much. So maybe the expectations were too high with what regemming nets you.

I have a feeling there's a point where crit level makes a big difference. Which is why having that DK is so powerful. If you're crit is only around 10-15% then all those STR gear and gems aren't really going to shine. I think getting crit above 20% and it starts to really show in your damage output.

Finally, slow DPS weapon is absolutely huge for this. If you don't have one that's probably a big reason for lower DPS.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Fiaraa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:15 am

inthedrops wrote:
Fiaraa wrote:T10 Gloves
T10 Pants

No questions!

Pants and Helm are better imho. The amount of strength on the helm is ridiculous compared to the gloves.

Gloves are another free way to get hit. =) And have a lot of defense to pick up the slack for more ret gear.
Fiaraa

Postby pfunkmort » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:08 am

I don't really screw around with it on icc nights...but, in my full survivability set, I run over 4k on BQL (stand there fight). And I'm not fully pimped out or anything. I'd be surprised if you couldn't reach like 8k in full raid buffs if you geared just right (wouldn't really want to do too much ICC heroic that way myself). But hell, since I changed my OS to ret, I've definitely been picking up the gear for it - this is an interesting topic. I'll have to toy around with it.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Meloree » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:34 am

pfunkmort wrote:I don't really screw around with it on icc nights...but, in my full survivability set, I run over 4k on BQL (stand there fight). And I'm not fully pimped out or anything. I'd be surprised if you couldn't reach like 8k in full raid buffs if you geared just right (wouldn't really want to do too much ICC heroic that way myself). But hell, since I changed my OS to ret, I've definitely been picking up the gear for it - this is an interesting topic. I'll have to toy around with it.

8k is tough on BQL. Air phases reduce your DPS. I think around 7k is the most I've done there (without getting bitten, that's cheating).
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby yappo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Ik, thread seems alive. I'll get around to building a proper gearing guide for shits and giggles.
yappo

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Meloree wrote:
pfunkmort wrote:I don't really screw around with it on icc nights...but, in my full survivability set, I run over 4k on BQL (stand there fight). And I'm not fully pimped out or anything. I'd be surprised if you couldn't reach like 8k in full raid buffs if you geared just right (wouldn't really want to do too much ICC heroic that way myself). But hell, since I changed my OS to ret, I've definitely been picking up the gear for it - this is an interesting topic. I'll have to toy around with it.

8k is tough on BQL. Air phases reduce your DPS. I think around 7k is the most I've done there (without getting bitten, that's cheating).

Can't say I agree more. I just got out of there (10 heroic) in a moderate amount of DPS gear on and only did like 6.3. Getting 8k+ would almost certainty require getting bit.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice