Remove Advertisements

Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby Vaxas » Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 am

Hello, all. 1st I would like to thank you all for such a wonderful and informative site, it truly is a one stop shop for tankadin questions. Now on to the question in the post.

I have been using Rimefangs claw for some time now, and have just recently started raiding into ICC 10 (6/12).

I picked up crusaders glory yesterday in ToC10 and I have been studying it against the claw for a bit now. The information that I have glenned thus far is that armor and stam are quickly becoming, or have become? premium stats in icc.

Using glory over the claw, I do lose a bit of avoidance, but pick up 400ish more armor. Is there merit in this? The 2 weapons seem pretty equal to me so far. Any thoughts on the matter would be very appreciated.

(On a related note, is 102.4% avoidance still a must have for tankadins? I quit the game for about a year so I'm playing catch up and cant really locate a thread discussing that topic)

Anyway heres my armory if that helps any

Once again thank you
-Vaxas

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... g&cn=Vaxas
Image
Vaxas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby Meloree » Sat May 29, 2010 9:13 am

1) Crusader's Glory is better.
2) You do not need to worry about 102.4%.
Meloree
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Re: Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby Vaxas » Sat May 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank you for the swift reply. I will use crusaders glory. The 2 weapons are very similar, looks like the choice is either avoidance (claw) or armor (glory).
Image
Vaxas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun May 30, 2010 3:39 am

Vaxas wrote:(On a related note, is 102.4% avoidance still a must have for tankadins? I quit the game for about a year so I'm playing catch up and cant really locate a thread discussing that topic)


It is a nice thing to have, since blocking a hit still reduces the damage done by it.

It's impossible to attain in ICC because of the Chill of the Throne debuff though, so it's a moot point in there.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Image
User avatar
Gamingdevil
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby blakk » Sun May 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:
Vaxas wrote:(On a related note, is 102.4% avoidance still a must have for tankadins? I quit the game for about a year so I'm playing catch up and cant really locate a thread discussing that topic)


It is a nice thing to have, since blocking a hit still reduces the damage done by it.

It's impossible to attain in ICC because of the Chill of the Throne debuff though, so it's a moot point in there.

it's easily possible just not practical. you lose to much to get it.
blakk
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby Koatanga » Sun May 30, 2010 2:10 pm

As far as I know, the ever-increasing buff has nothing to do with avoidance and everything to do with effective health. More armour lets you take greater advantage of your now-20% health boost.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1980
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Rimefangs claw vs Crusader's glory

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 am

Koatanga wrote:As far as I know, the ever-increasing buff has nothing to do with avoidance and everything to do with effective health. More armour lets you take greater advantage of your now-20% health boost.


That's not what I was talking about though. If you read my post I was talking about Chill of the Throne, which decreases avoidance by a fair amount.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Image
User avatar
Gamingdevil
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am
Location: Belgium


Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?