Remove Advertisements

Petrified Twilight Scale

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Petrified Twilight Scale

Postby yappo » Mon May 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Urk.

MMO-champ just updated the PTR loot-table.

Still only two tank-drops total.

When I wrote my (kind of joking) concern earlier in the thread I was a bit unhappy about two 25-man drops only. Now it's REALLY starting to look like Inscription for the 10-man raider. We're getting fairly close to release now if they're upgrading the loot-list.
yappo

Postby Flex » Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

yappo wrote:Now it's REALLY starting to look like Inscription for the 10-man raider. We're getting fairly close to release now if they're upgrading the loot-list.

Second time I've seen you mention inscription in a negative way. I don't get it. It seems to be one of the most in-demand professions and a huge moneymaker to those so inclined.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Pyrena » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Flex wrote:Second time I've seen you mention inscription in a negative way. I don't get it. It seems to be one of the most in-demand professions and a huge moneymaker to those so inclined.

I think he refers to Inscription being an inferior profession from a tank point of view.
Pyrena

Postby yappo » Tue May 25, 2010 7:48 am

Pyrena wrote:
I think he refers to Inscription being an inferior profession from a tank point of view.

Ah, no, just that the profession received zero upgrades during WotLK. In fact it's problematic enough that Blizzard has voiced concerns about how to handle the profession come Cata.

For good and bad there aren't "same but better" glyphs, ie compare with enchanting. Concrete examples of upgrades would have been ilevel 264 BoE offhand and/or trinket crafts. Compare with tailoring/LW/BS.
yappo

Postby Flex » Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 am

yappo wrote:Ah, no, just that the profession received zero upgrades during WotLK.

Aside from the Glyph books that is. It is also one of two professions that didn't obsolete itself with each tier, the other being enchanting, and introduction of new 5 man loot on par with previous tier gear.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Archeth » Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 am

yappo wrote:Urk.

MMO-champ just updated the PTR loot-table.

Still only two tank-drops total.

When I wrote my (kind of joking) concern earlier in the thread I was a bit unhappy about two 25-man drops only. Now it's REALLY starting to look like Inscription for the 10-man raider. We're getting fairly close to release now if they're upgrading the loot-list.

Seriously, this is just doom and gloom at this point.

MMO-Champ says "slightly updated", and since it doesn't look much different in scope than the original item list (except some items have changed, like the tank trinket) the original assumption that this is but a glimpse of the whole loot table is still sound. Since Ruby Sanctum testing isn't open 24/7 on the PTR, there's simply no productive discussion to be had on this topic yet.

I know how it's no fun feeling neglected by the itemization team (hello holy paladin weapons in 3.3 heroics and pre-LK ICC-25, or a set bonus that's a disadvantage most of the time), but it's way too early to draw the general conclusion that Blizzard hates tanks and doesn't want to give us "easy" purples in Ruby Sanctum. Trinkets, yeah sure, there's room for concern about the lack of 10-man trinkets again, or about having yet another physical DPS trinket that uses a problematic stat Blizzard is about to ban from gear. But not "only 2 of 20 Ruby Sanctum drops are for plate tanks, we're doomed".
Archeth

Postby yappo » Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 am

Archeth wrote:Seriously, this is just doom and gloom at this point.

Not really feeling doomed and gloomed to be honest :D

Even if we DO get slightly shafted (as was the matter with the battered hilt quest) we already have gear available to outlast this expansion.

It's just that more drops have a fun-factor if nothing else ;)
yappo

Postby Archeth » Tue May 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Oh I don't deny that, but I'm saying that we don't have enough information to conclude there won't be enough new, "fun" loot for tanks in Ruby Sanctum. We know the trinket and boots, but with the limited PTR testing that doesn't mean anything at all. Yet. Hence doom and gloom :wink:
Archeth

Postby Mert » Tue May 25, 2010 5:21 pm

As far as I'm aware the data from the Ruby Sanctum has not yet been (fully?) datamined and the list posted on sites like MMOC are simply a reflection of what people who have managed to kill him on the PTR have had drop for them. I'd be very surprised if there were no tank items that drop from 10-man and even more surprised if the loot table we've seen is everything there is that can drop.
Mert

Postby Zobel » Wed May 26, 2010 7:18 am

Tank loot never drops even when it exists in the loot table. I'm not sure why the PTR should be any different about that.
Zobel

Postby Mert » Wed May 26, 2010 8:39 am

Zobel wrote:Tank loot never drops even when it exists in the loot table. I'm not sure why the PTR should be any different about that.

Haha, we have a bit of a saying in guild chat that "there are no shields in ICC". Got a Holydin waiting on the Spell Shield, we've never seen the Blood Queen one, etc. Blizzard hates shield users, fact! And, while we're at it, where the hell is my pony? :wink:
Mert

Postby bldavis » Wed May 26, 2010 8:44 am

Zobel wrote:Tank loot never drops even when it exists in the loot table. I'm not sure why the PTR should be any different about that.

its there to tuant us

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby yappo » Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 am

bldavis wrote:

its there to tuant us

Bah, now you're just negative. My upgrade path is 11 25-man Fact champs down to 6 25-man Twins, 16 Marrow 10 down to 11 Gunhip, 10 Marrow 25 down to 8 Gunship and some odd 20 Ony 25. That already netted me one shield, one mace and one pair of bracers.

Eh, ok, should I switch off the lights on my way out?
yappo

Postby bldavis » Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 am

yappo wrote:
bldavis wrote:

its there to tuant us

Bah, now you're just negative. My upgrade path is 11 25-man Fact champs down to 6 25-man Twins, 16 Marrow 10 down to 11 Gunhip, 10 Marrow 25 down to 8 Gunship and some odd 20 Ony 25. That already netted me one shield, one mace and one pair of bracers.

Eh, ok, should I switch off the lights on my way out?

lol

i guess i was lucky
i didnt get a single drop for about 2 1/2 months, then i got 4 weeks of at least 1 drop. bracers, shield, weapon... and now legs

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby heuvarius » Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 am

Mert wrote:Haha, we have a bit of a saying in guild chat that "there are no shields in ICC". Got a Holydin waiting on the Spell Shield, we've never seen the Blood Queen one, etc. Blizzard hates shield users, fact! And, while we're at it, where the hell is my pony? :wink:

5 BQL shields and counting. (this is only heroic ones. we've had 2 normal ones on top of that) At least we have 7 Pally and 2 Warriors to take them.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice