Trinket versus trinket

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Trinket versus trinket

Postby Dendrah » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:31 am

I'm still using the black heart but I'm considering Glyph of Indomitability.

The extra minor CD is nice but the armor aint that big that I feel like it will offset the Stamina loss and the armor proc from the black heart. On the other hand armor seems the place to go now that we have the 10% buff running. I rarely see myself drop low enough to actually need those last 1500 HP.

What is your opinion?

To have a better idea on what kind of gear I'm keeping in mind you find me here: Kagang
Dendrah

Re: Trinket versus trinket

Postby Barathorn » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 am

Dendrah wrote:I'm still using the black heart but I'm considering Glyph of Indomitability.

The extra minor CD is nice but the armor aint that big that I feel like it will offset the Stamina loss and the armor proc from the black heart. On the other hand armor seems the place to go now that we have the 10% buff running. I rarely see myself drop low enough to actually need those last 1500 HP.

What is your opinion?

To have a better idea on what kind of gear I'm keeping in mind you find me here: Kagang

I would use the EoT trinket and a stamina trinket for all non bleed physical fights. My 'gut' feeling is that the EoT trinket is superior to the black heart for those fights with the ICC buff in place.

Can a theorycrafter math type person confirm this?
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby blakk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 am

I would say the glyph on pure physical fights ecause the armor IS ALWAYS THERE. the black heart is nice but the proc is a proc after all. It's good to decrease overall damage taken but for tank death thretening things you'd be better served with a constant effect. On a pure physical fight with no bleeds it's somewhere around 1stamina=10 armor (I think this is before talents and kings but it may account for it) for EH. For reducing incoming damage armor is by far the better choice (because stamina doesn't actually decrease the damage like armor does.)
hope this helps
blakk

Postby Digren » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:14 pm

blakk wrote:On a pure physical fight with no bleeds it's somewhere around 1stamina=10 armor (I think this is before talents and kings but it may account for it) for EH.

If I recall correctly, this takes into account everything, including a slight bonus (from 11:1 to 10:1) due to the effective increase in the power of heals received (because 1% less damage taken is better than 1% more overall health plus 1% more overall healing).
Digren

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice