Remove Advertisements

Rings, Rings, Rings...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Rings, Rings, Rings...

Postby Posid » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 pm

So I'm currently using the ashen verdict rep ring and the twins10HC ring. I'm not really happy about the rep ring as the proc tends to never be up when you actually need it. So I was wondering if the best ring setup is Deviums + Band of the twin'valkyr, or if I'm missing some ICC25HC ring that's better than the twins one?
Posid

Re: Rings, Rings, Rings...

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 am

Posid wrote:So I'm currently using the ashen verdict rep ring and the twins10HC ring. I'm not really happy about the rep ring as the proc tends to never be up when you actually need it. So I was wondering if the best ring setup is Deviums + Band of the twin'valkyr, or if I'm missing some ICC25HC ring that's better than the twins one?

Pretty much Deviums + Twin Valks, though you want an alternativve to Twin Valks with classic stam + avoidance (I think DW one has that), since for LK armor is not all that awesome as a pally. (assuming you tank adds in P1)
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Posid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks for the reply

Guess I'll pick up the deathwhisper ring as well when it actually drops -_-
Posid

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 am

Boyfriend wrote:Pretty much Deviums + Twin Valks, though you want an alternativve to Twin Valks with classic stam + avoidance (I think DW one has that), since for LK armor is not all that awesome as a pally. (assuming you tank adds in P1)

You don't think so? On our last LK, 73% of my damage intake was from melee damage. I tank adds in P1 and LK the rest of the fight, and I generally wear two armor trinkets since I CD through Reapers.

Also, don't overlook the Clutch of Fortification http://www.wowhead.com/item=47731 which actually has more armor than the Valk ring http://www.wowhead.com/item=48027 .

I personally wear the Devium and rep ring, as I'm woefully short of hit lately, and with armor pots, armor elixir and various sundries, I occasionally hit the 75% phys mit ceiling.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Posid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:30 pm

I'd consider twin ring to be far superior to the clutch, I mean sure it has 28 more armor, 12 more str 5 more def and 1 more dodge, but it has 36 less stamina.
Posid

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Posid wrote:I'd consider twin ring to be far superior to the clutch, I mean sure it has 28 more armor, 12 more str 5 more def and 1 more dodge, but it has 36 less stamina.

The clutch is accessible to everyone, while not everyone will be able to get their hands on the valk ring. And some people are more than willing to trade a handful of stats for 36 stam, especially with the ICC 10%+ buff.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fiaraa » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:33 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I personally wear the Devium and rep ring, as I'm woefully short of hit lately, and with armor pots, armor elixir and various sundries, I occasionally hit the 75% phys mit ceiling.

I think you'll find that's for level 80 mobs, not bosses.
Fiaraa

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:19 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Boyfriend wrote:Pretty much Deviums + Twin Valks, though you want an alternativve to Twin Valks with classic stam + avoidance (I think DW one has that), since for LK armor is not all that awesome as a pally. (assuming you tank adds in P1)

You don't think so? On our last LK, 73% of my damage intake was from melee damage. I tank adds in P1 and LK the rest of the fight, and I generally wear two armor trinkets since I CD through Reapers.

Also, don't overlook the Clutch of Fortification http://www.wowhead.com/item=47731 which actually has more armor than the Valk ring http://www.wowhead.com/item=48027 .

I personally wear the Devium and rep ring, as I'm woefully short of hit lately, and with armor pots, armor elixir and various sundries, I occasionally hit the 75% phys mit ceiling.

I was talking about LK-25 hc, where you will not tank LK rest of fight, since you will be solely concerned with blowing up spirits in phase 5, and only tanking LK for a couple of seconds during soul reaper.
And Enraged adds 1 shot you in P1, Frenzied adds hit about as hard as 3 stack festergut; all tanks that have killed it so far used avoidance gear.

Since the original poster was talking about hard mode loot, I assumed NORMAL LK was a nonissue.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby pt376 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 am

Why not the Ony25 ring. It adds decent armor and resist http://www.wowhead.com/item=49309
pt376

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 am

pt376 wrote:Why not the Ony25 ring. It adds decent armor and resist http://www.wowhead.com/item=49309

I'm using that and the ashen ring and don't plan on swapping it out often. Only for threat.
blakk

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:36 am

pt376 wrote:Why not the Ony25 ring. It adds decent armor and resist http://www.wowhead.com/item=49309

The ony ring is honestly great, but for raiders like me who have all the time they allocate to 'gaming' gobbled up by the mandatory raids, and those don't include ony anymore, it's very hard to come by.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 am

Boyfriend wrote:

The ony ring is honestly great, but for raiders like me who have all the time they allocate to 'gaming' gobbled up by the mandatory raids, and those don't include ony anymore, it's very hard to come by.

i see more pug ony 25 chances than totc 10 that down through twins on grizzly hills so it was far easier to grab the ony 25 ring. barring the weeks jar jar is the weekly ofc
blakk

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 am

I seriously have no time to pug, our situations are very different.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Fiaraa wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:I personally wear the Devium and rep ring, as I'm woefully short of hit lately, and with armor pots, armor elixir and various sundries, I occasionally hit the 75% phys mit ceiling.

I've not heard that armor has different effectiveness based on level. Is this correct?

I assumed NORMAL LK was a nonissue.

Ah, missed that bit. Good Point :}
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Fiaraa wrote:

I've not heard that armor has different effectiveness based on level. Is this correct?

I assumed NORMAL LK was a nonissue.

Ah, missed that bit. Good Point :}

yes armor mitigation is dependent on boss level. for an 83 the armor cap is 49.9k
blakk

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice