Gear Check (for LK hc)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gear Check (for LK hc)

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

I'm asking a gearcheck for a DK. He's our second tank for our HC 10 men, he tanked successfully (in various roles) all our Glory of Icecrown Raider 10.
We are now attempting LK heroic, but most of our attempts end early due to his death.
We have tried with him on Shamblers and with him on Boss, in both cases he'd get raped either when tanking 2 shamblers + some ghouls, or when the LK has some stacks of Necrotic thing.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Kruorem
In case armory doesnt work or he's in DPS gear, he has 58.700 hp (10% bonus incluse) and 31900 armor with my improved Devotion Aura.

I would love some pointers on if he's doing something wrong (he's DPS main spec) or he's plainly undergeared.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Gear Check (for LK hc)

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 am

there are lots of frost badge upgrades for him. belt, cloak mainly.
is he using his cooldowns?
blakk

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

He is instructed to use CDs when the Holy Paladin has to move.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:26 am

is he going down at that time or does he go down when all the heals are still going to him? as in trickle down deaths or just absurd burst deaths?
blakk

Postby Meloree » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:27 am

Worldie wrote:I'm asking a gearcheck for a DK. He's our second tank for our HC 10 men, he tanked successfully (in various roles) all our Glory of Icecrown Raider 10.
We are now attempting LK heroic, but most of our attempts end early due to his death.
We have tried with him on Shamblers and with him on Boss, in both cases he'd get raped either when tanking 2 shamblers + some ghouls, or when the LK has some stacks of Necrotic thing.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Kruorem
In case armory doesnt work or he's in DPS gear, he has 58.700 hp (10% bonus incluse) and 31900 armor with my improved Devotion Aura.

I would love some pointers on if he's doing something wrong (he's DPS main spec) or he's plainly undergeared.

Point the first: He must be on LK in P1. You want Prot Paladin or Prot Warrior on Horrors, DKs and Druids don't have enough stuns. If he is on Shamblers, you're RNGing your way through it.

Point the second: He's massively undergeared for LK10 heroic. He needs to pick up somewhere around 5k hp and 5k armor, at least. At least on LK in P1 there isn't much in the way of burst - AMS should help out a lot for eating Infests if he's low HP going into them. It's probably doable at his gear level, but it's going to be much less forgiving/more RNG, in a fight that already has a very low tolerance for error.

Point the third: Raging Spirits are going to be a pain. Your best bet is to have the DK tank them, while you stand clear and spam-cleanse him. The healers won't have much spare time for it. Both of you being vulnerable to silence is bad. That's independent of gear, just something you guys will need to work out a plan for. DPS won't be able to "slow down" in that phase.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:35 am

1) That's the situation we settled to, but he tanks the spirits while i pick LK after

2) I guess we'll have to ask our gm to give him the next offspec tank gear.

3) aint really a problem, i was used to do LK with 2 paladins. The DK takes the spirits and i spamcleanse him.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Meloree » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 am

Worldie wrote:2) I guess we'll have to ask our gm to give him the next offspec tank gear.

Also badges, if he's got any to spare yet. Also crafted pants, if he can afford them. The fight is still a throughput check on healers, especially in P1.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Zobel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Two things he could fix right away:

He could upgrade from those 232 wrists to the crusader orb wrists for maybe a nickel.

And he's missing a third +51 stam jc gem. That's like free stamina.
Zobel

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

I've heard 4pc t10 for dk tanks was ideal for LK also. Damage reduction cd on a 1 min cd
blakk

Postby svedka » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 pm

18 Stam to gloves, Armor to cloak, health to chest, 30stam/resil enchant to shoulders.

Lose the 20 dodge gem (lol) in the belt along with the other exper/hit gems for stam.=
Last edited by svedka on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svedka

Postby Meloree » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Zobel wrote:Two things he could fix right away:

He could upgrade from those 232 wrists to the crusader orb wrists for maybe a nickel.

And he's missing a third +51 stam jc gem. That's like free stamina.

Yes. When you're that far behind, every little bit makes a huge difference. If we're being nitpicky, the 20 dodge gem in the belt probably has to go, too. Two hybrid gems in the pants (which honestly just need to be replaced anyway), etc. But the gemming/enchanting is a bit incidental. He's just way behind on gear.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice