Remove Advertisements

T10 Set (4 pieces)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: T10 Set (4 pieces)

Postby chinoquezada » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 am

He didn't use that combo for the kill, he used 5pc t10. (Or at least that's what ppl reported seeing him in)
chinoquezada

Postby Awyndel » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:33 am

Yeah and I was seen naked in front of my house last saturday, so that must have been how I spent last raid as well.

What progression guilds do on unnerfed world first kills is not really that important to us, especially if you don't understand why they are doing it.

Unless you're wiping on lk 25 hc right now, I don't think the 4p is worth wasting your guilds marks for.

And the pillars are not optional, ever. MAYBE on lady deathwhisper, but those adds still hit hard so i'm not sure the trade off is nice there.
Awyndel

Postby chinoquezada » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:26 am

Awyndel wrote:Yeah and I was seen naked in front of my house last saturday, so that must have been how I spent last raid as well.

What progression guilds do on unnerfed world first kills is not really that important to us, especially if you don't understand why they are doing it.

Unless you're wiping on lk 25 hc right now, I don't think the 4p is worth wasting your guilds marks for.

And the pillars are not optional, ever. MAYBE on lady deathwhisper, but those adds still hit hard so i'm not sure the trade off is nice there.

chinoquezada wrote:Pillars of Might are better EH than 277 T10.
My best guess (no numbers backing it up) is that Lazeil weighed EH vs Avoidance and decided to forgo the EH from Pillars of Might to gain more avoidance.
chinoquezada

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:50 am

I think saying that 5Pc T10 is the best for LK, due to Lazeil wearing it is a very bad argument.

The fact that 25 players of paragon killed the hardest encounter in the game, does not mean that each of their individual choices was the best ever just that the sum of their team is better than any other. Adding to that that we only have hearsay of what he actually wore.
I am pretty sure it is possible (though really really stupid) to kill LK25 heroic with a 20 spirit gem, the difference is certainly smaller than the 5 => 10% difference, and probably smaller than the RNG component of the encounter.

The only place I can see 5pc being better than 4pc + legs is on enraged adds in P1, I am fairly certain it is worse for the entire rest of the encounter unless I am missing something glaringly obvious.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 am

Boyfriend brings up a good point. I think the obvious solution is that we close down these boards and just reference armory instead. Discussions and the application of logic are so cliche. Now where did I put that spirit gem...
cds4850

Postby chinoquezada » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 am

It seems to me that you guys haven't read the whole post.

A basic summary of what's written here is:

- Someone used 4pc to kill LK25 HM.
It might help there since its impossible to reach the EH minimum of an enraged LK.

- For every other fight 4pc is unnecessary and the tier you should be using is 277 T10 Head, Chest, and Hands.
(Head is better that offset at 264s, chest and hands are only better that offsets at 277s)

NOTE:
Definition of Might
Used to express possibility or probability in the past
chinoquezada

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 am

bennie wrote:funny post "little use" LK is the hardest boss and so its a must have i think

For that argument to hold water, you'd have to somehow show that the 4-piece bonus was an integral part of their strategy. I'd argue that it probably wasn't, though the extra cooldown and/or damage reduction would certainly be nice given that they were running with fewer-than average healers.

He was probably running it because T10 Helm/Chest/Gloves are BiS at the 277 ilevel, and 18 stam from a shoulder item is a very very easy trade to make for the extra cooldown, even if you only got to use it once every other attempt or so.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Boyfriend » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:17 am

chinoquezada wrote:It seems to me that you guys haven't read the whole post.

A basic summary of what's written here is:

- Someone used 4pc to kill LK25 HM.
It might help there since its impossible to reach the EH minimum of an enraged LK.

- For every other fight 4pc is unnecessary and the tier you should be using is 277 T10 Head, Chest, and Hands.
(Head is better that offset at 264s, chest and hands are only better that offsets at 277s)

NOTE:
Definition of Might
Used to express possibility or probability in the past

I wasn't referring to 4PcT10 but 5PcT10, specifically the legs, I agree with Theck on 4PCT10. I'm just worried about the general state that's seen in this forum in general if it seems to be ok to do X, because Y does it.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:34 am

[quote="Boyfriend]I wasn't referring to 4PcT10 but 5PcT10, specifically the legs, I agree with Theck on 4PCT10. I'm just worried about the general state that's seen in this forum in general if it seems to be ok to do X, because Y does it.[/quote]
^this
cds4850

Postby Awyndel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 am

theckhd wrote:
bennie wrote:funny post "little use" LK is the hardest boss and so its a must have i think

For that argument to hold water, you'd have to somehow show that the 4-piece bonus was an integral part of their strategy. I'd argue that it probably wasn't, though the extra cooldown and/or damage reduction would certainly be nice given that they were running with fewer-than average healers.

He was probably running it because T10 Helm/Chest/Gloves are BiS at the 277 ilevel, and 18 stam from a shoulder item is a very very easy trade to make for the extra cooldown, even if you only got to use it once every other attempt or so.

This makes a lot of sence. But everything else about his gear and spec says he stacks EH/healing to the max. Although I guess he choses avoidance in favour of threat as well. So maybe he thought the cd was actually worth 18 stam.

And personally I would argue that sacrificing that 4 stam ( or w/e ) on the offset head, would gain you some hit and thus more jotj uptime, and more control over your dp as well. Although it costs avoidance. And keep in mind DP gives 3% damage reduction as well, so that could potentially be a problem with timing if it falls off, doesn't have to be though.

In the end though, I would like to argue, that most of the ppl present in this discussion ( including me ) will not see a lk heroic kill untill the buff has reached such a level, that passing those 2 extra heroic tokens for the 4set to your other guild members, might actually be more beneficial. You don't gear in a vacuum, you have other tanks, and raid members.
Awyndel

Postby chinoquezada » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Awyndel wrote:In the end though, I would like to argue, that most of the ppl present in this discussion ( including me ) will not see a lk heroic kill untill the buff has reached such a level, that passing those 2 extra heroic tokens for the 4set to your other guild members, might actually be more beneficial. You don't gear in a vacuum, you have other tanks, and raid members.

I agree.
(though its only 1h token you would be passing, not 2)
chinoquezada

Postby Awyndel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 pm

chinoquezada wrote:I agree.
(though its only 1h token you would be passing, not 2)

Not in my case. As I have probably mentioned many times before in other threads. I use the off set helmet. I don't care about the 4 stamina and the avoidance, I want the hit for jotj, vindication etc.
Awyndel

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice