Last Word on Last Word

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Last Word on Last Word

Postby Treck » Mon May 03, 2010 5:39 am

The procc does not do anything for beacon of Light, thus depemdning on your healingsetup, if you have 2 holypallys who puts beacon on you, you wont benefit from the procc much at all.
Treck

Postby Kale » Mon May 03, 2010 12:14 pm

I've been using the Non-heroic version of LW for a few weeks now, and I must say I really love it. I was using the H Crusader's Glory before, and finally had one of these drops after ages of waiting. Theorycrafting aside, I've noticed a stark increase in my threat, and a lot of the healers have commented that I'm noticeably easier to heal than my OT who doesn't have this weapon, but is in nearly identical gear. Proc is as close to 100% uptime as you could want, proccing just about every other swing as far as I can tell.

Quite pleased with this weapon, and I could easily see the heroic version being just about the only tanking weapon I would want more at this point.
ImageImage
Kale

Postby Fiaraa » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but if I could a push in the right direction:

I acquired my Heroic Last Word(http://www.wowhead.com/item=50708) last night (yay me!), thus I have some silly questions:

1) I'm 99% sure it is the best threat weapon available (Minus perhaps the 284), correct?(Lead in to question 2!)
2) As far as nice easy farm content junk (most of it) I've been using (Heroic)Gutbuster(http://www.wowhead.com/item=51893), for the dps. Will Last Word beat it on dps, or is the 2.6 speed with much larger damage end up slightly ahead still?
3) More out of curiosity sake, what have people who have found it gemmed it with?
Last edited by Fiaraa on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiaraa

Postby Kihra » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Fiaraa wrote:I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but if I could a push in the right direction:

I acquired my Heroic Last Word(http://www.wowhead.com/item=50708) last night (yay me!), thus I have some silly questions:

1) I'm 99% sure it is the best threat weapon available (Minus perhaps the 284), correct?

A 277 Bloodvenom Blade would be better I think.
Kihra

Postby Petrus » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:52 pm

I believe all of the information you're after is here. Check out the graphs - Last Word (277) is well ahead of Mithrios and Bloodvenom Blade is the highest 277 weapon (though a bit behind Havoc's Call, a 271).
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice