Remove Advertisements

Heart vs Scarab

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Heart vs Scarab

Postby Notnowchief » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 am

Hey guys hows it going?I was just messing around wit rawr and was checking dif slots making an wishlish for my guilds loot council system when I noticed that rawr has the Black heart from reg 5man ToC, as a decent sized up from my 245 version scarab. ATM I am using the Key and and the Scarab...should I look into going back to get the black heart?
Notnowchief

Re: Heart vs Scarab

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 am

Notnowchief wrote:Hey guys hows it going?I was just messing around wit rawr and was checking dif slots making an wishlish for my guilds loot council system when I noticed that rawr has the Black heart from reg 5man ToC, as a decent sized up from my 245 version scarab. ATM I am using the Key and and the Scarab...should I look into going back to get the black heart?

No.

The heart is good, but not that good. Rawr is a bad tool to base your gearing choices on if you're just 'messing around'.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 am

I believe Rawr takes average proc values into account where it completely ignores on-use effects. Hence, it sees the Black Heart as reasonable stamina with a good chunk of armour and only sees a bunch of stamina on the Scarab.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Njall » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 am

Generally, Rawr is not recommended for making choices about pally tank gear. At least not around here. Check out the guides here in Gear Discussions and Guides for some well-researched listings of equipment and their relative merits.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice