Remove Advertisements

What to spend my frost on...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

What to spend my frost on...

Postby Perrigrin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:35 am

I realize that I might not be giving enough information for actually getting some help - But wanted to ask for pointers.

I am logged on in ret spec, so can't show my gear - but I wear toc25/icc10 and triumph badge gear (with some ulduar pieces, like the boe shield) - I have crap trinkets (high stamina ones from non raid - got a few others to swap in, but then they have no stamina).

I am raiding 25 man as ret, rarely if ever tank in those raids - so wont be spending dkp on prot loot just yet.

However, with frost badges I'm now "done" with ret gear, and will start spending on prot - got around 200 sitting ready to be spent.

My question then is, where are my stronger options to go? I assume since I wont be getting tookens for prot gear for a looooong time, I shouldnt worry about the t9 pieces?
Perrigrin

Re: What to spend my frost on...

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:58 am

At the 264 ilevel and below the offset pieces are generally superior to the tier pieces (all the badge armor ones), If you worry about threat you can get Head/Shoulders of Tier. I wouldn't worry much about that though.

Generally get all the Offset Badge Armor pieces (Belt/Chest/Gloves/Cloak) and crafted legs, by then you might have 2 tier tokens and can get tier shoulders/head. Tier Chest/Gloves become interesting really only with 277 tokens or if you want 4 set.

Of the offset badge armor, replace whatever weakest item you currently have first.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Perrigrin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:13 am

what about trinket / libram?
Perrigrin

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:19 am

Perrigrin wrote:what about trinket / libram?

Forgot about Trinket, it's nice. Depends on your current trinket when you'll get it, I'd get it well before Tier pieces. Libram is probably the last item you need since the Triumph Ret/Prot librams are both really useful, and the Prot one is only very slightly worse.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 am

Boyfriend wrote:At the 264 ilevel and below the offset pieces are generally superior to the tier pieces (all the badge armor ones), If you worry about threat you can get Head/Shoulders of Tier.

This. All the offset gear, crafted legs and boots, and the tier head and shoulders. Done.

Or.. take those EoF, buy Saronites and sell them before the price drops more.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice