Remove Advertisements

Corpse-Tongue Coin - When to use it?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Corpse-Tongue Coin - When to use it?

Postby chinoquezada » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Worldie wrote:To be honest, after careful exams of World of Logs and Recount, and also important tests in game, i found the perfect use for this Corpse-Tongue Coin (Heroic) i got.
Gearscore gear.

Articles at LINK REMOVED seem to agree with this.
chinoquezada

Postby Sorin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 am

I still have a question belonging to the coin.
Yesterday i got my hands on the heroic version.

Before i used the Glyph of Indomitability and the Skeleton Key. The only other "good" trinket i have is the black heart, cause my prot gear is only my second equip.

Is the heroic Version of the coin better than the glyph in most cases?
Sorin

Postby Boyfriend » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 am

No, the coin is bad.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am

It dropped again last night, and it went to a roll off again for dalaran gear set. Such a bad, bad, bad trinket :-(
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby chinoquezada » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Wrathy wrote:It dropped again last night, and it went to a roll off again for dalaran gear set. Such a bad, bad, bad trinket :-(

A simple mod to equip the Dalaran Set asap: http://www.wowace.com/addons/maxitemlevel/
chinoquezada

Postby Argali » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Wow-heroes boss! I went up from 89th on server, to 28th just by being in my proper tank set, and my gearscore epeen set.
Argali

Postby Mert » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:53 pm

I could go from fifth to third best-geared Prot Pally on my server (according to the wow-heroes boss) by equpping the Coin instead of Glyph/Scarab and Bloodvenom Blade instead of Troggbane. Also don't forget Flame Leviathan e-peen scaling as well! 3.3m health in a siege engine! :D
Mert

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am

Mert wrote:I could go from fifth to third best-geared Prot Pally on my server (according to the wow-heroes boss) by equpping the Coin instead of Glyph/Scarab and Bloodvenom Blade instead of Troggbane. Also don't forget Flame Leviathan e-peen scaling as well! 3.3m health in a siege engine! :D

You should be in a demo. You can solo 10m FL at this point for fun and profits!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Mert wrote:I could go from fifth to third best-geared Prot Pally on my server (according to the wow-heroes boss) by equpping the Coin instead of Glyph/Scarab and Bloodvenom Blade instead of Troggbane. Also don't forget Flame Leviathan e-peen scaling as well! 3.3m health in a siege engine! :D

I jump from 73rd best geared person on my server in my progression gear to 7th best geared if i put on stuff like that. This is one of the reasons that those sites, and the mods that perform similar duties are non value added for normal raiding. It just gives you a snapshot of the gear level of an individual, nothing more.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I'll admit that I have numerous times equipped the corpse tongue coin, logged off, and then updated wowheroes to see what has changed. But I'm usually too embarrased to let it stay that way for long and log back in with my actual tanking gear before logging off again.

I do like to know how geared I am compared to others on the server, but I also don't want it to be obvious. I like to see how myself and another tank in my guild rank together too. I can tell when he's done the same thing as me :)

I also noticed other people keep updating my wowheroes thing. I don't update it very often personally but it's often updated again.

BTW: Corpse Tongue Coin is pretty good for heroics, better than a stam trinket imho.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby chinoquezada » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

inthedrops wrote:I'll admit that I have numerous times equipped the corpse tongue coin, logged off, and then updated wowheroes to see what has changed. But I'm usually too embarrased to let it stay that way for long and log back in with my actual tanking gear before logging off again.

I do like to know how geared I am compared to others on the server, but I also don't want it to be obvious. I like to see how myself and another tank in my guild rank together too. I can tell when he's done the same thing as me :)

I also noticed other people keep updating my wowheroes thing. I don't update it very often personally but it's often updated again.

BTW: Corpse Tongue Coin is pretty good for heroics, better than a stam trinket imho.

258 DV + 264 WFS is better imo
chinoquezada

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice