Remove Advertisements

Corpse-Tongue Coin - When to use it?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Corpse-Tongue Coin - When to use it?

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 am

Argali wrote:AFAIK, he heals about 150k-200k from each rune of blood leeching, and that's a 1% wipe xD

As you can see from my log (which was from 25m heroic after wipe was called) he heals exactly 10x as much as the rune of blood hits for. Which is 80k or so, afaik he gains BP from the rune procs and that's the real issue; but in most cases you should be fine if no more than 1 rune procs per tank switch.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:34 am

Ok, I'm lost now..

Which fights besides Fester would I actually use it given the other two stam trinkets that I have?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 am

halabar wrote:Ok, I'm lost now..

Which fights besides Fester would I actually use it given the other two stam trinkets that I have?

You could use it on BQL, Fester, Saurfang instead of an armor trinket, but any armor trinket would be superior as it provides EH and reduces healing required.

I really don't think it's useful.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 am

Boyfriend wrote:

You could use it on BQL, Fester, Saurfang instead of an armor trinket, but any armor trinket would be superior as it provides EH and reduces healing required.

No armour trinks in my bags.. :-( Sauer isn't a problem now. Frankly, neither is Fester, but I guess it would give the Healers room on Fester.

halabar

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:41 am

halabar wrote:
Boyfriend wrote:

No armour trinks in my bags.. :-( Sauer isn't a problem now. Frankly, neither is Fester, but I guess it would give the Healers room on Fester.

Triumph Badges? :(
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:32 am

Boyfriend wrote:
halabar wrote:
Boyfriend wrote:

Triumph Badges? :(

Oh yeah, I do have that one.. but I mainly have the 2 stam and forget about the rest..

halabar

Postby Awyndel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 am

The reason you wear armor is not because you're above the EH minimum without it, its to give healers more time.

Wearing avoidance on festergut is like shooting yourself in the head.
Awyndel

Postby j2ther » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Ruby Sanctum, there ya go nuff said. Right now armor trink is just gonna out perform corpse tongue.
j2ther

Postby JdgDredd » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 am

Use it on blood queen to lower the damage you take and the off tank that your damage transfers to. On lich king, the trinket can save you a ton of total damage taken, but it generally isn't worth it.
JdgDredd

Postby Zobel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 am

cds4850 wrote:I see quite a few people use it for the WoW-Heroes boss...

I picked up the heroic version this weekend, and it's almost 5% more effective for that boss.
Zobel

Postby Tearulai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 am

Would Corpse Tongue Coin be better than Glyph of Indomintability for any ICC fight? That's basically my choice, as I have Key, Glyph, Heart, and Coin. Up until I got Coin last night I'd been wearing Key and Glyph; is it worth it to wear Key and Coin instead?

I apologize if this has been asked before; I searched for "Corpse Tongue Coin" on this forum and read every thread, and I hadn't seen it answered cleanly, unless I missed it. People say "armor" trinkets are preferable to avoidance, so maybe that's the answer, but this does proc a large amount of armor, while the on-use for Glyph is avoidance, so I'm left still wondering.

Thanks!
Tearulai

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 am

Tearulai wrote:Would Corpse Tongue Coin be better than Glyph of Indomintability for any ICC fight? That's basically my choice, as I have Key, Glyph, Heart, and Coin. Up until I got Coin last night I'd been wearing Key and Glyph; is it worth it to wear Key and Coin instead?

I apologize if this has been asked before; I searched for "Corpse Tongue Coin" on this forum and read every thread, and I hadn't seen it answered cleanly, unless I missed it. People say "armor" trinkets are preferable to avoidance, so maybe that's the answer, but this does proc a large amount of armor, while the on-use for Glyph is avoidance, so I'm left still wondering.

Thanks!

The armor procs at 35%, whereas the dodge can be procced on-use. If there are fights where you hit the 35% with regularity, then it might be better for you and your raid.

I personally have my CTC taking up space in my bank in case it turns out to be handy in RS. With the 10% buff, my basic loadout has the Glyph and heroic Organ, and I swap in stam trinkets if the fight calls for something specific.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Tearulai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 am

Thank you very much.
Tearulai

Postby Dianora » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 am

Awyndel wrote:The reason you wear armor is not because you're above the EH minimum without it, its to give healers more time.

Wearing avoidance on festergut is like shooting yourself in the head.

I wear the armor trinket for the most part (until I get Sindy's trinket). On fight where health means more than avoidance (Blood Queen soaker, Sindy), I wear dual stamina trinket.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 pm

To be honest, after careful exams of World of Logs and Recount, and also important tests in game, i found the perfect use for this Corpse-Tongue Coin (Heroic) i got.
Gearscore gear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice