Grinning skull greatboots and sacrifing hit for expertise

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Grinning skull greatboots and sacrifing hit for expertise

Postby Ðivine » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... C3%90ivine

I have about 100 hit and 35 expertise with grinning skull greatboots and glyph of SoV. 25 base which is almost cap without glyph, I could always switch for glyph of judgement(I have glyph of Hotr, couldnt decide, I am the MT but also the trash tank(duh, pally) and beat all tanks and DPS in threat nomatter what glyph I use orwhat encounter im on)
I just replaced crafted "boots of kingly upheavel"
I lose 53 hit and gain 53 expertise also 72 parry lost and 80 DR gain
53hit and 72 parry vs 53 exp and 80 DR.
I am over defense cap either way. I have the expertise chest and when I switch to tier ill NEEd the defnse and the expertise becuase ill bebelow caps on both with tier chest. But I am last in line for tier tokens in my guild so it will be a bit before I can do that.

Also, I have read expertise is kinda junk in ICC, I may have misunderstood but if possible, which it will be once I get a tier token, should I just gear out of exp totally?
Just hoping I didnt take an upgrade somone else could have used and wasted DKP.

ty
Ðivine

Re: Grinning skull greatboots and sacrifing hit for expertise

Postby lythac » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:04 am

Expertise soft cap (dodges removed) is 26, hard cap is 56 (parrys removed).

Expertise isn't a junk stat it has changed from being both a threat and damage reduction stat to a threat stat (only Deathwhisper and Sindragosa can parry haste) in current content. Expertise is still a decent threat stat past 26 but I wouldn't go in search for it. Some recommend to softcap as up until that point it is our strongest threat stat.

As you will have have 25 expertise after swapping your chest [10 (glyph) + 6 (talent) +3 (racial) + 6? (boots)] it isn't something for you to actively gear for, go for survivability.

As for your boots - your current boots offer a tiny bit more avoidance+block and your old boots offer more threat. When you swap chests, your new boots offer more avoidance+block, threat and help you to maintain crit immunity are would definitely be better for your setup.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Ðivine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:40 am

Ty I decided to downgrade from the Badge Expertise chest to my Tier 10 251 chest. Unfortunatly Pally tokens are a rare drop in my guild and I wont get one for some time. Even tho I lose some stamina and armor I stay almost exp capped(25) and I gain avoid and STR and 2 set bonus. So I think regardless of Ilevel for any battle the tier chest would be better.
Or not?
Ðivine

Postby Alanyor » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Badge Chest is better than 264 tier chest.
With 2 piece bonus tier chest is okay.
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice