Remove Advertisements

The Black Heart vs. Ick's Rotting Thumb

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

The Black Heart vs. Ick's Rotting Thumb

Postby Itysko » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:54 pm

What do you all suggest? I have the black heart now, but am wondering if i should try for Ick's? I know i'm going to loose that stam, which is bad, but getting the dodge rating would be nice too. i'm confused. any help please!!

Edit: http://quickarmory.com/?n=Itysko&r=Whisperwind That is my Pally btw.
Itysko

Re: The Black Heart vs. Ick's Rotting Thumb

Postby badgermonkey » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Black Heart, 100%.
badgermonkey

Postby Koatanga » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:01 pm

They have really diminished and/or annihilated the value of avoidance in ToC/ICC. Healers just spam away with big heals, so you're gonna get healed whether you take the damage or not. Reactive healing is dead.

Therefore, the current preference is to stack effective health, in terms of raw health (stam) and mitigation (armour).

If you have a choice between armour or stam, then that's something to think about, but either of those vs avoidance is a no-brainer - go for armour/stam every time.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Folstar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Black Heart.

With the healthy amount of stamina and very powerful proc Black Heart is much, much better then the i200 would suggest. Outside of Ulduar you will probably not replace it until the emblem trinkets (b/c toc25 trinket does not drop, ever).
Folstar

Postby Itysko » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:43 pm

awesome...thanks for the replies. I havent' been into ICC yet other than the 5 man stuffs. I'm getting ready to start tanking the toc 10's and whatnot just to get some experiance before i jump right into ICC 10.
Itysko

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:02 am

Itysko wrote:awesome...thanks for the replies. I havent' been into ICC yet other than the 5 man stuffs. I'm getting ready to start tanking the toc 10's and whatnot just to get some experiance before i jump right into ICC 10.

Black Heart definitely for ToC then. The dodge trinket won't be really useful for you unless you are add-tanking on Anub.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice