Remove Advertisements

Slow one handed dps weapons

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Slow one handed dps weapons

Postby lucem » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:50 pm

so i was thinking about using a slow dps weapon instead of the regular tank weapon. I will use 10man example because it is what i find more realistic for my case.

On my alt i lost the roll on the gutbuster
which i was thinking could be a nice weapon. You get some agility to contribute for some dodge, and some nice threat buff on the slow 2.60 speed and hit and attack power.

so what are your thoughts on this?
lucem

Re: Slow one handed dps weapons

Postby blakk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:07 pm

any slow dps weapon will put out a lot of threat because of how seals work.
blakk

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:37 pm

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... ic#p537785

Theck has a pretty graph with rankings and numbers.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 pm

theck has a lot of pretty graphs. sometimes i just look at them all day
blakk

Postby lucem » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:58 pm

i have read theck's weapon analisis, which proves the point that the gutbuster in normal and heroic versions is a huge threat boost. But is the threat boost worth dropping some avoidance, you would lose some dodge even with agility factores in, and some parry too probably.
lucem

Postby ulushnar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 am

lucem wrote:i have read theck's weapon analisis, which proves the point that the gutbuster in normal and heroic versions is a huge threat boost. But is the threat boost worth dropping some avoidance, you would lose some dodge even with agility factores in, and some parry too probably.

That's for you to decide really. Do you find yourself in fights where you're not in real danger, but need the threat boost?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 am

lucem wrote:i have read theck's weapon analisis, which proves the point that the gutbuster in normal and heroic versions is a huge threat boost. But is the threat boost worth dropping some avoidance, you would lose some dodge even with agility factores in, and some parry too probably.

The ICC-10 raids I have done so far, I have not had issues with my survivability, outside of my one blood princes kill when I was tanking two of them, and I have tended to go with the slow weapon setup as it offers me more threat and generally helps get bosses down faster. I was using Black Icicle from the ICC heroics with 65 AP enchant at first but now I just use Bloodvenom Blade with berserking, and offset the armor loss with armor potions if my healers mention any adverse affects on how hard I am to heal. I also use BvB on festergut when I have 9 stacks of bloat - wings + BvB = pretty awesome tank dps :)
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice