Remove Advertisements

Corpse Tongue Coin (iLVL 277)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Corpse Tongue Coin (iLVL 277)

Postby Babiecakes » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 am

I looked for a while, and was not able to find it. So if its there I apologize ahead of time.

Has anyone crunched the numbers on it? I am trying to figure out where and when to equip this trink vs the ToC25 Juggs Vitality.

Thanks ahead of time.
Babiecakes
Babiecakes

Re: Corpse Tongue Coin (iLVL 277)

Postby Argali » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm going to guess, that due to brute force item budget, you'll get more survivability out of heroic CTC, but that's just a guess, and it'll bring up the whole, stm v avoidance, and how much of one do you need to outweigh the other.
Argali

Postby Boyfriend » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:37 am

I have one, I don't think I'll ever use it. Maybe I'm being ignorant but my bias against avoidance is so big that I cannot see CTC to be useful except on some gimmick fight. (I guess we'll do more anub'arak sometime)
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 am

hey,

the procc is really nice, thats why I use it at Festergut and BQL (ok using full avoid as MT at BQL anyways^^).
It's like a passive shield wall that comes right when you need it ^^

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Babiecakes » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:06 am

Therein lies my dilemma, I know that on fights such as Lady Deathwhisper the dual stam trinkets are the way to go. However, on other fights... marrowgar (can you dodge the cleave?) or even the new ruby sanctum encounter, what would be the threshold be that would make the itemization better in terms of dodges vs armor or stam.

I would gladly undertake this math myself if I fully understood the theory behind this... though sadly, I do not.

Babiecakes
Babiecakes

Postby Digren » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 am

Are your healers running out of mana?

Have your healers asked if they could heal you less often? Would they prefer to reactive heal only when you are hurt, instead of spamming you with heals all the time?

Until you reach 101.8% avoid (i.e. unhittable), you can and will take bursts of hits. You can reduce the likelihood of those bursts, but they will still happen.

If your healers are spamming you to top you off no matter what, incremental avoidance really makes no difference in the encounter. If your healers are trying to reactively heal you, are you comfortable with the idea that you'll just randomly die every once and a while, even after the encounter is on farm? Is that the impression you want to make on your raid as its tank?

I consider avoidance to have a hard-ish soft cap. Once your healers end a fight with 1 or more mana left, you have enough avoidance. Above that point avoidance only helps in terms of some healers interrupting casts to save mana.*

* Gimmick encounters where you reach the block cap and include block value in mitigation excluded.
Digren

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice