Remove Advertisements

"Dream" gearset and possible BiS?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

"Dream" gearset and possible BiS?

Postby crabby654 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am

I understand a lot of people like different gear for different situations. But I put this set together and I am curious what others think or if there is anything I should be changing around because I may be missing something. Keeping in my guild will eventually be able to obtain all of the gear that is listed (with the exception of heroic arthas 25 man). But ya any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. I would have posted this in the gear check thread but wasn't sure if it was appropriate for it or not, I apologize in advance if I should have.

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20935840
(Updated and switched out the non-heroic devium's ring with the ToGC10 man ring)

There is it. The only thing I am not 100% sure on is the weapon, but it does have amazing armor and a socket.
Last edited by crabby654 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
crabby654

Re: "Dream" gearset and possible BiS?

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 pm

You can't wear both the heroic and non-heroic version of that ring, IIRC -- I think I read somewhere a post along those lines that the ICC loot wouldn't function the same way as the ToC Heroic/Normal versions.

Other than that, it looks a lot like what I'd do, given the chance.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Hmm! I did not realize that the heroic gear uses the DK model instead of the warrior one!
Invisusira

Postby crabby654 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:12 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:You can't wear both the heroic and non-heroic version of that ring, IIRC -- I think I read somewhere a post along those lines that the ICC loot wouldn't function the same way as the ToC Heroic/Normal versions.

Other than that, it looks a lot like what I'd do, given the chance.

Hmm alright thanks for the tip I'll need to look into that. I thought saw someone wearing both or saw both rings somewhere.

Hmm! I did not realize that the heroic gear uses the DK model instead of the warrior one!

Ya I love the fact the shoulders are the DK model because the warrior model looks kinda small and bad on blood elfs :(
crabby654

Postby Arnock » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 pm

I personally would go with t10 helm/shoulders over your choices, you'd gain a fair amount of strength and avoidance, as well as the 2p bonus
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby crabby654 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 am

Arnock wrote:I personally would go with t10 helm/shoulders over your choices, you'd gain a fair amount of strength and avoidance, as well as the 2p bonus

Well the main reason I went with the chest/hands is because I think that is the best way to get the highest armor possible I think? I was toying with the idea of getting the T10 helm for more avoidance but then I thought I would be at at 69 hit rating.
crabby654

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 am

Aside from the hat (I intend to use tier), and ring (mutually exclusive Deviums as pointed out, I'll be using ToGC10 ring), your gearset is what I consider to be the "BiS" ICC gearset, and what I'll default to for Ruby Sanctum progression. Tier shoulders as a swap for 4pc if required.

That said, some fights reward other gearing options... don't marry the gearset.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby crabby654 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 am

Meloree wrote:Aside from the hat (I intend to use tier), and ring (mutually exclusive Deviums as pointed out, I'll be using ToGC10 ring), your gearset is what I consider to be the "BiS" ICC gearset, and what I'll default to for Ruby Sanctum progression. Tier shoulders as a swap for 4pc if required.

Ya I try to want to have multiple gearsets, but I always find myself trying to put together 1 ultimate set for what the current content is ><
crabby654

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 am

crabby654 wrote:
Meloree wrote:Aside from the hat (I intend to use tier), and ring (mutually exclusive Deviums as pointed out, I'll be using ToGC10 ring), your gearset is what I consider to be the "BiS" ICC gearset, and what I'll default to for Ruby Sanctum progression. Tier shoulders as a swap for 4pc if required.

Ya I try to want to have multiple gearsets, but I always find myself trying to put together 1 ultimate set for what the current content is ><

Except that in current content I always end up stacking up some DPS gear by the time I outgear things enough to be worrying about a "BiS" set.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby crabby654 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 am

Ya there was sometimes in the first wing of ICC that I really wanted to swap out my Facelifter for my Bloodvenom blade. But my gear is a bit akward at the moment so I'd be way under 540 defense.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&cn=Crabzy <- if you happen to be curious
crabby654

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 am

Meloree wrote:Except that in current content I always end up stacking up some DPS gear by the time I outgear things enough to be worrying about a "BiS" set.

Anymore, I get lazy on anything that's not "progression" content. I have one default tank set that I wear most of the time, and then I swap in trinkets and other pieces for fights that we're actively working on or are still difficult.

So for heroic modes, I'll swap gear in and out fight to fight. Similarly for fights that I know can give us trouble. But anything we have on farm status I'm usually too lazy to do much but equip the default set, maybe swapping a weapon and libram for more DPS if it's worth it.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:54 am

theckhd wrote:
Meloree wrote:Except that in current content I always end up stacking up some DPS gear by the time I outgear things enough to be worrying about a "BiS" set.

Anymore, I get lazy on anything that's not "progression" content. I have one default tank set that I wear most of the time, and then I swap in trinkets and other pieces for fights that we're actively working on or are still difficult.

So for heroic modes, I'll swap gear in and out fight to fight. Similarly for fights that I know can give us trouble. But anything we have on farm status I'm usually too lazy to do much but equip the default set, maybe swapping a weapon and libram for more DPS if it's worth it.

Yeah, I hear that. The default, though, for lol-content, is threat-heavy. Not quite there yet for hardmodes, and we're not fighting any normal modes anymore, though.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby crabby654 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 pm

With my current gear (my armory link) I was doing 10 man ICC last night and my threat was horrendous. I mean I understand there was no rogue/hunter. But doing between 5k-9k TPS was like yikes trying to hold threat against a mage doing 16k DPS in the first 20 seconds of a fight. I think part of it is because I don't have the T10 gloves because I was noticing a lot of misses last night..weird.
crabby654

Postby Wrathy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 pm

crabby654 wrote:With my current gear (my armory link) I was doing 10 man ICC last night and my threat was horrendous. I mean I understand there was no rogue/hunter. But doing between 5k-9k TPS was like yikes trying to hold threat against a mage doing 16k DPS in the first 20 seconds of a fight. I think part of it is because I don't have the T10 gloves because I was noticing a lot of misses last night..weird.

I think that if a player is pulling off of you in the first 15-20 seconds of a fight they are not doing their job correctly. Most mages if they are looking to burst dps at the beginning of the fight can mirror image. There are tools at almost every dps's disposal to mitigate burst threat and reduce their overall threat significantly if not totally.

As for the misses, I think that it is part of our current gear design. There are fights where i have gear sets on with 0 hit. I have to remind our raiders all the time of this fact, and have some aggro issues at the start, however once you have settled into your rotation, you should still be able to maintain aggro over your dps, it is just the first few seconds of the pull that get tricky.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby crabby654 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Ya, it's partially my fault because I want all the DPS in the raids to go insane the entire time, but I am now seeing it may not be so possible to do that without tricks/MD in a 10 man.
crabby654

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice