Remove Advertisements

Libram of the Eternal Tower

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Libram of the Eternal Tower

Postby Paxi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Looking for a bit of information regarding this libram as i'm at the point where i can start considering buying it. For certain progression fights i'd value it higher then Libram of Defiance depending on how it procs. It would be nice for saurfang for more reasons then just more dodge :D

Does it proc of misses / parries?
Is the proc rate on hits 100%?

Thanks for any information about this //Paxi
Paxi

Re: Libram of the Eternal Tower

Postby FishyJoe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 pm

It does not proc on misses/parries

I personally wouldn't buy it at all, if you get 2 misses/parries in a row with SoR the whole stack falls off and you need to build it back up.
Lightsaber - 80 Human Paladin
<Malicious> - Tichondrius
FishyJoe

Postby jathitimus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:59 am

It has to stack, it is only 19 more dodge and saurfang still hits people who have marks even if you avoid the attacks.

It does not proc on misses, parries or dodges, so you unless you are hit caped, and hard expertise caped it will probly fall off at some point although rather unlikely.

If you are at the point where there is nothing else useful to buy and you dont need money from saronite I suppose it is worth getting, but I would place it below offspec and pvp gear on my personal priority :wink:
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
jathitimus

Postby Toddrick » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 pm

I have picked up every other piece of tanking emblem gear and now will pick up the libram just for gear score padding. I am about 50 GS below hitting the 6k mark and have had terrible luck with drops from Blood Queen and Dreamwalker :-(. I know that GS isn't important but I don't use my offspec very often anyway and I already have my pillars so I don't need the primordial saronite except to sell.
Toddrick

Postby steadypal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 pm

i might get it to pad my epeen errr gear score,, hmm wait,
steadypal

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 pm

steadypal wrote:i might get it to pad my epeen errr gear score,, hmm wait,

That's what I got it for originally. At least there's some fights where it has close to 100% uptime and thus is worth using.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Darthmullet » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:39 pm

It is no where near worth buying if you still have multiple plate out-of-set items to get from the vendor. If you raid 25 consistently I'd get 95 emblems and save them after you have all of the other Frost items, so that you can get a t10.25 piece asap once a token drops, after which, when you get to 125, I'd buy this. Well geared tanks will be hit and expertise soft-capped, this basically means the trinket will be very, very unlikely to not stay up. It lasts for 15 seconds, this means that you would have to be parried twice in a row (hit capped, dodge expertise capped). This really won't happen but once in a blue moon, and would only take another 20 or so seconds to get to full stacks. The upside for this is dependability, if you are hit capped and soft expertise capped, it is a much more reliable presence of dodge than the Triumph emblem. It's better, just not by a mile like some other items.
Darthmullet

Postby Lightknight » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:15 am

If you are in the ICC Hardmodes, you should use the Frost Emblem Libram for the Blood Prince Council due to the beaviour, that the Libram of Defiance does not procc, when the Melee-Princes are at 1 HP. That behaviour is discussed in the Protection Paladin Field Manual Thread at elitistjerks.
Lightknight / EU / Nera'thor
Lightknight

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:54 am

The person who brought that issue up was using the Frost emblem Libram, and it was someone else testing who used the Triumph. So both may not be working correctly.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Eaglestrike » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 am

It should be the last item you get, but it's an upgrade in almost all situations over the emblem of triumph one. I don't know where you guys have been but I have had the HotR giving 200 dodge rating effect fall off a few times. And the likelihood of you having two ShoR miss/parried is so tiny you'll pretty much always have the effect up. I'm not hit capped and I think only once have I had it fall off so far.

Though I'm thinking of going back to the 200 STR libram, especially with the 10% buff incoming.
Eaglestrike

Postby Paxi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 am

Thanks for the replies :]

jathitimus wrote:It has to stack, it is only 19 more dodge and saurfang still hits people who have marks even if you avoid the attacks.

But i can reapply this librams proc and not cleave adds onto me ;P

Lightknight wrote:If you are in the ICC Hardmodes, you should use the Frost Emblem Libram for the Blood Prince Council due to the beaviour, that the Libram of Defiance does not procc, when the Melee-Princes are at 1 HP. That behaviour is discussed in the Protection Paladin Field Manual Thread at elitistjerks.

This isn't bulletproof evidence, but after doing 10man HC Blood princes i'm pretty sure Defiance procs while the princes have 1HP. Feel free to go over my logs however as i just checked after the buff on my bars here and there ;) 96% uptime on the kill :]

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1ladam58 ... boss=37972

I'm currently at 190 hit / 35 expertise, and suspect as i'll stay there unless gunship gives me shoulders next reset and i can ninja another token \o/ I'll give the libram a try this next raid reset, as the only other item i can get off badges are the boots and i'm still dreaming of the dreamwalker onces :]

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ne&cn=Paxi <--- Feel free to tell me i'm bad at gearing ;)

//Paxi
Paxi

Postby Paxi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:57 pm

I can comfirm that the Libram of the Eternal Tower works as intended on Blood princes HM and are proccing while the princes are at 1 HP.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l2ph ... =781&e=998

From the little testing i've done so far i enjoy the libram :] The ramp uptime doesn't bother me all that much on a few fights considering as i'm usally up as the 2nd tank :]

//Paxi
Paxi

Postby Awyndel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 am

On princes you might as well use the str libram imo.
Awyndel

Postby Chicken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 am

Awyndel wrote:On princes you might as well use the str libram imo.
If anything I'd say it's actually the perfect fight to optimize your survivability. Not because they hit particularly hard, but simply because your DPS is wasted one third of the time, and since DPS should only be attacking your target one third of the time threat isn't an issue. Might as well opt for maximizing survivability.

Unless you're tanking Prince Keleseth of course, since he only casts his shadow lance.
Chicken

Postby Awyndel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Yeah i guess the lack of uptime is a good point there.

Still, nobody is stopping you from swappin librams depending on if your boss is up or not ;) .

I brought this up in an older thread some time ago. But I have some WOL reports laying around where I have a constant 1 or 2 stack up for the eternal tower for like 3 mins straight. Very weird. Could be a bug.
Awyndel

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice