Remove Advertisements

Which Items from ICC 10 (Heroic)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Which Items from ICC 10 (Heroic)

Postby Lightknight » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:34 am

Hello Everybody,

i am a long time reader and now first time poster. Our 10-Man-Group managed to kill the lich king yesterday. Now i am asking me which loot of ICC 10 (Heroic) is really desirable (concerning EH-Equip) and which is more a sidegrade then an update to the ICC 25 (Normal) Gear.

Am i right when i say, that only the Gunship-Shield and the Saurfang-Wrists are the only real upgrades to the ICC 25 counterparts?
Lightknight / EU / Nera'thor
Lightknight

Re: Which Items from ICC 10 (Heroic)

Postby Anorian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:38 am

the shoulders from princes are nice since they have hit, and i think the boots from sindragosa can be usefull. And then theres the putricide hc trinket. and maybe the weapon from putricide since theres only last word on 264 lvl without resorting to lich king drops.

The rest indeed is pretty much useless if you run icc 25
Anorian

Postby Lightknight » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:17 am

I am hunting for the Valithria 25 Boots and Sindragosa 25 Trinket. Maybe with the incoming ICC zone buff items with more threat und avoidance stats becomes more interesting than the heavy armor badge items now. A big chunk of pure EH will be provided by the +stamina aspect of the zone buff.
Lightknight / EU / Nera'thor
Lightknight

Postby Wrathy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Here is a short list of what I am looking for.

Scourge Fanged Stompers are nice threat boots
Veincrusher Gauntlets are also nice if you are lacking expertise in your threat set
Gargolye Spit Bracers are by far the biggest upgrade in the instance IMO for a progression set, and should be first on your list
Neverending Winter is also a must imo.

In the end, most of the drops in 10 man ICC are threat centric with their hit and expertise itemization, or value avoidance over armor. There are a few armor pieces and of course your weapon off LK (but seeing as that is probably far off for most guilds, i didnt mention it).
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 pm

I wouldn't mind the heroic Organ off Putricide, either. I already have enough situations where I wear the trinket, so why not get one with even more armor?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice