Remove Advertisements

trinket discussion

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: trinket discussion

Postby Folstar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Vorianloken wrote:
Folstar wrote:Rotface- who would want to MT when you can kite?! though there are a few potential sources for nonphysical damage even on the MT (stray ooze, explosion, nothing major I suppose)

I much prefer MTing rotface than kiting. The kiting part is very boring. Would rather be b**ch-slapping rotface than playing tag with some sort of mutated moving jelly.

Kiting takes me back to glory days of quad-kiting the crap out of wyverns with my speakers cranked way up, so I rarely shy away from it... that and I just to nice to try and make the bear to do.
Folstar

Postby Arnock » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:34 pm

I use stam/stam for pretty much all fights in ICC, the one exception is saurfang, where I'll wear avoidance trinkets to lower the damage of the marks.

Trash and pretty much anything below ICC I'll wear the healing triumph badge trinket and a DMC:greatness.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Trase » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Arnock wrote:I use stam/stam for pretty much all fights in ICC, the one exception is saurfang, where I'll wear avoidance trinkets to lower the damage of the marks.

Trash and pretty much anything below ICC I'll wear the healing triumph badge trinket and a DMC:greatness.

Avoiding Saurfang's melee does nothing to stop damage done by Mark of the Fallen Champion. Everytime he swings, regardless of whether connection is made, Marks will tick for damage.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby fudomyou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Arnock wrote:I use stam/stam for pretty much all fights in ICC, the one exception is saurfang, where I'll wear avoidance trinkets to lower the damage of the marks.

Wouldn't this work better for Lana'thel?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby bashef » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 am

fudomyou wrote:Wouldn't this work better for Lana'thel?

Blood Queen heavily favours armour over avoidance. While avoidance reduces your damagage taken by more (on average) and thus that taken by the mirror tank, hits that do connect result in simultaneous spikes both on yourself and your offtank which can be problematic if combined with the delirious slash. Armour is nice simply because it reduces the damage of every hit, and stacking it allows it to do so to a significant degree. In full armour gear last night (minus Putricide 10's trinket which still hasn't dropped) with an indestructible pot up I had her meleeing me for 16k versus 20k+ when our bear got hit. Shaving 8-10k damage off every connecting melee swing is a big deal.
bashef

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice