Remove Advertisements

Expertise

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Expertise

Postby Vhing » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:45 pm

I just equipped my T9 pants and my expertise dropped to 23. It's my understanding that it should be a MINIMUM of 26. Is this correct? How worried do I need to be, and if VERY worried, what has the lowest 'opportunity cost' of correcting this? I have some wiggle room other places if I need to re-gem and/or re-chant.

I have rifled through the forums looking for an answer to this and couldn't find a definitive one. If I missed it somehow, please direct me to it, if not, thanks in advance for your help.

(this is for Saum...linked below)
Vhing

Re: Expertise

Postby Barathorn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:51 pm

26 is the minimum ideally but don't gem or enchant for it unless you feel something is missing. I was under 26 for a long time, I didn't see a huge amount of difference. See how you go with 23, I wouldn't regem or enchant personally.

However, it is worth looking at theckhd's thread in the advance training section on why expertise is almost as good as dodge vs bosses that parry haste.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Considering only 2 bosses in ICC have parry hasting enabled (neither of which have massive melee attacks), I wouldn't worry about it all. Consider expertise a pure threat stat as far as ICC is concerned.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Vhing » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Thanks for that guys.

I'm not running ICC yet, but hope to be soon. My biggest concern is my threat. In the past I have been an aggro magnet. I like that and don't want it to change.

I'm a methodical and deliberate person (I don't multi-task well. Not the most desirable Tankadin trait, I know.) and tend to get flustered when mobs start running all over the place. Besides the 23 Expertise, does there appear to be any other threat concerns?

Thanks again,
Vhing
Vhing

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Nice avatar by the way.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 am

remember that both hit and expertise affect the vindication uptime...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Vorianloken » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 am

Arjuna wrote:remember that both hit and expertise affect the vindication uptime...

Definitely did not know that >.>
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby angelofbliss » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 am

Which two bosses have this enabled?
angelofbliss

Postby lythac » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:19 am

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice