Remove Advertisements

When should I start gathering other tanking sets

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: When should I start gathering other tanking sets

Postby Vorianloken » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

Yes.

If you are at the ToC 10/25 tanking level then make sure to go gem for +9 stam socket bonuses. Otherwise for ICC only go with the +12 stam socket bonuses. At least that is how my thinking goes. YMMV.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby naike » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am

Vorianloken wrote:Yes.

If you are at the ToC 10/25 tanking level then make sure to go gem for +9 stam socket bonuses. Otherwise for ICC only go with the +12 stam socket bonuses. At least that is how my thinking goes. YMMV.

Thanks, I did some messing around with rawr, and with all 30sta gems, my avoidance would only drop with 0.4% or so lol, but my hp would increase with almost 1k nice!
naike

Postby Vorianloken » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:35 am

Rawr is a pretty good tool. I've used it quite often although I sometimes get lost in the complexities with buffs/gemming and what not
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Digren » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 am

Before you start ignoring those +9 stamina socket bonuses, make sure you've taken care of all the lower-hanging fruit. Specifically, make sure you've changed everything else ahead of that on the "How to Stack Stamina" list, including cloak enchant to armor.

A 2.19 ratio (ignoring all +9 socket bonuses, but keeping +12) is higher than I'm willing to go, but it's great if it works for you. Good luck!
Digren

Postby naike » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:53 am

I'll have to take a deeper look into your guide.
Now need some advice, I just got 2 tokens from ToC25man, and I'm planning on upgrading my chest and legs from the regular T9, now is this a good idea, or did I not take something into account?
Would legs/chest be the best upgrade?
Armory once again
naike

Postby Digren » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:04 pm

naike wrote:I'll have to take a deeper look into your guide.
Now need some advice, I just got 2 tokens from ToC25man, and I'm planning on upgrading my chest and legs from the regular T9, now is this a good idea, or did I not take something into account?
Would legs/chest be the best upgrade?
Armory once again

There's two ways to look at that question. One way is to consider which pieces improve the most when upgraded. I think chest and legs both get good iPoints multipliers (which is why they have more stats at a given iLvl than, say, wrists do). From that standpoint, the slots with the best multipliers should get "more better" than slots with lesser multipliers.

On the other hand, you should consider your prospects for replacing your T9 gear entirely. Are you running VoA 10 or 25? Any given week you could get the T10 or T10.5 legs and hands for free. Are you running ICC 10 or 25 and killing Saurfang? You could buy a piece of T10.

In short, chest and legs sound good unless you are likely to soon replace one or both of them. If so, upgrade the piece you think will last the longest.

It looks like you only wear T9 gloves, chest, and legs. If you don't do ICC but run VoA, then you probably won't get a T10 chest for a long time and should definitely upgrade to T9.5. Of the other two, I think the leg upgrade is better.

Good luck!
Digren

Postby naike » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks for replying.
Yes I was thinking about the same thing, I'm doing Voa 10/25 every week, and I'm now joining a new guild looking for a tank, but they only raid 10mans ICC/ToC, so I don't know.
Maybe I'll just get the legs and chest, always have crappy luck on T tokens anyway.
naike

Postby Vorianloken » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 am

gear up... get uber... and do hardmodes!!!

Vorianloken

Postby naike » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Ust wwanted to add that i can now join any pug, almost i was in a icc10 man raid and we did it to the 3 rdnboss without wipes, but we couldnt do the last one with 8 people before enrage (grr 300k hp).
I did get Ghoul commanders cuirass and Abomination's Bloody Ring.
naike

Postby Vorianloken » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Grats. I like the chest. The ring is kind of a wash tho, I use it however to switch gear around to stay hit-capped or when I roll into heroics with dps gear >.>

Vorianloken

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice