Remove Advertisements

Help deciding what to get next...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Help deciding what to get next...

Postby judge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:31 am

At the moment my guild is only doing 10-man, were aiming to eventually do 25-man but for now it's relatively safe to assume that drops available is only 10-man gear (maybe the odd piece from early 25 from PuGs).

I got myself the crafted legs and got the 264 T10 gloves from VoA, emblem belt and cloak and recently got the Ghoul Commander's Cuirass as it was a fair upgrade from my 232 T9 chest. Also lucky enough to get the gunship 25man shoulders.

Now this is where my problem come's, my original plan was to get the cata chest next, but after getting the ghoul commander's I'm not sure anymore.

If I get T10 helm (not much chance of a token so presume 251 for rather a long time) I lose a bunch of expertise but gain the 2pc bonus.
If I get the cata chest I'll be well over expertise softcap (sit at 28 with SoV Glyph already).
Or the third option is to get the trinket and replace my Onyxia trinket.

I'm not having threat issues at the moment, infact since ToC pretty much my biggest problem has been having to wait a while after a tank switch to let the other tank get a good lead on me.
But at the same time I'm not dying unexpectedly either, so I'm really not sure what to do.

Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&cn=Seiken
Yes I know my head and feet gems are crappy, the head has been like that since I actually needed the defense. and The boot gem was a quick fix to losing meta after changing shoulders.

Any suggestions would be brilliant.
judge

Re: Help deciding what to get next...

Postby bashef » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:25 am

You say you're not struggling for threat; 2T10 is a pure threat bonus. Furthermore, the benefits of going from 245 > 251 are marginal. The badge chest, on the other hand, is a huge upgrade, beautifully itemised and three sockets. It's an exceptional piece, and I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. Furthermore, this will give you expertise wiggle room to get the head later.

Replace that Ony trinket with the badge armour one immediately. There's no contest, unless you're somehow short on defense. Neither armour nor avoidance work for magic damage, so there's absolutely no reason to use that trinket outside of a niche avoidance set. I'd suggest pugging ToC25 for the Scarab before you get the frost stam trinket, which I'd then replace the black heart with (whether 2 x stam or 1 stam 1 armour trinket is better depends on the fight). There are also craftable wrists better than the ones you have on.

Hope that's of some help.
bashef

Re: Help deciding what to get next...

Postby judge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks for the input, I was actually gathering the mats for the swordbreakers as I still had the ulduar flamewatch bracers. Got the dreadscale one's the other night and now am going to wait for a little while and see if I can grab myself the Marrowgar 25man bracers.

I switch to a brewfest trinket if a fight is heavily magic damage, in most cases I would likely use the black heart rather than glyph anyway. I find the proc to be semi-reliable on the black heart and other than a few very rare fights that are majority physical the black heart in my eyes beats the glyph.

Ignoring the helm I have a choice between 95 emblems for 300 health and 1448 armor or 60 for 2513 more health. I'm not sure though how useful that armor is, I know the stamina wins in anything that includes a reasonable amount of magical damage.

I was pretty much set on getting the cata chest before I had the ghoul commanders dropped, being the only plate tank in my 10man runs I get free reign of the drops so took it.

So the real question is as for now I'm going to ignore the expertise and drop in avoidance whats more valuable 2213 health or 1448 armor, I suppose the only real way to answer it would be to see if the extra health would allow me to take another hit without dying, if not the armor is likely better?
judge

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice