Remove Advertisements

Gemming help needed (Thick or solid)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Gemming help needed (Thick or solid)

Postby Digren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 am

I'm not a big fan of promoting lesser gems and enchants to save money because I think it hurts the group that relies upon you.

That said, I understand gold generation can be an issue. Prices like you've claimed mean it should be very easy to make money on your server. If the mats are that inflated, level up a gathering profession or two and go to town. If the mats are cheap but the crafted goods are overpriced, level up two crafting professions and undercut everyone by 50%. If they are trying to hold a monopoly they'll buy your stuff immediately, and after they buy enough you'll have a few thousand gold to upgrade all your enhancements.
Digren

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:57 am

I agree that you should use the best quality gems you can, but still if you are on a tight budget, whats better? a rare gem or no gem?

If im broke, and short on honor, id rather get a cheap blue gem to throw in just for a little bonus at least while im saving up gold/honor to get my epics. But i do replace my blues with epics ASAP! Case in point, i got a new chest, but only had 3548 honor, and about 150g. On Drenden, raw epics still cost 60g+ and cuts? Jeez they are between 90 (agil/mp5) to almost 300 (30 stam) while blues are anywhere from 5g to 50g (24 stams are about 50-65 however :( ) so if im short on cash ill buy blues, and run the shit out of WG and BG's to get my epics.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Digren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

bldavis wrote:I agree that you should use the best quality gems you can, but still if you are on a tight budget, whats better? a rare gem or no gem?

Indeed. Empty sockets get you kicked. But in order of priority, they are:
  1. Have your finances in order and buy what you need.
  2. Spend part of what little cash you have on temporary gems.
  3. Just use low-quality gems permanently.

Number 2 is better than number 3, but neither are as good as number 1.
Digren

Postby Chasey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 am

lanerios wrote:few pointers:
at 300G a gem, versus the 20G a gem for the blue ones, guess what I take when all I run are heroics and normals?
Meta, ok, agreed I will change it when I raise the 800G for that meta :p
Enchants, I just got most of the gear, so I didn't have time to enchant it, but some items are:

Stamina wrist enchant 300G
weapon: Mongoose (according to guides the most beneficial enchant) 600G
hands: I really have no clue what to do here, the threat one is 300G
Just got Seal of the pantheon (HoL normal drop) and finally changed everything to pure stam gems, got the +55 stam and agi legpatch (only one available on AH), and will get the head and shoulder enchant fixed tonight (normal shoulder enchant until I get the last rep for Hodir).
Just tanked PoS heroic partially (until after krick, healer d/c'd and everyone left) and had a great time. Healer commented on me barely needing any heals somehow.

Gold = do a few daily's in between your randoms. You will be suprised how quick the gold will add up.
Enchants = you owe the group you are running with to have your gear set up as best you can. Buying enchants off the AH is silly when you have mats in your bag. Armsman for the hands is 2 shards and 8 earths, as a miner and just running randoms that should be very common. (Look in /2 for ench to do armsman, my mats and 15g tip)
Gems = WG daily's are excellent for gold and honor, which can turn into gems and stonekeeper shards. Doing the daily's in WG every 3 days equal about 2 epic gems a clip and see the /2 LF JC for 30stam cut.
Just reading your posts its seems like you use the AH as your only resouce. You guildies have made suggestions, ask them to help. Transmute the meta for almost ZERO gold, as for someone to cut the cut you want. Wrist enchant is very affordable on most serves, most long standing 80's have a stack of crystals in the bank and 4 essence is 16g each. No reason to pay that AH price you quoted.
Bottom line, it takes time, but gold and gems are pretty easy to aquire, time isn't. Use the time wisely and gold will come.
Chasey

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice