Remove Advertisements

Threat issues

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Threat issues

Postby yazhou87 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:21 am

I have been seeing lower TPS on Omen lately as well. A week ago I was sitting around
8.5-9k sustained TPS in EH gear and 10k+ in my semi-threat set. Just last night I noticed my threat falling to around 7.5k in EH gear, even dipping below 7k at times. Admittedly, there was quite a bit of lag last night, which caused me to mess up my rotation a few times, but even during the fights with minimal lag, my TPS was well below my usual.

And if you think a TPS drop from 9k to 7.5k in 25 man ICC is bad, on Monday, in my usual 10man ICC group, I actually had the Shambling Horror pulled off of me by our ret and fury a couple of times. That has never happened to me before. And I couldn't even blame it on lag. Needless to say, it was quite frustrating. I actually had to put on a couple pieces of threat gear on a progression boss to combat the threat loss.

Before you ask for a log, I'm at work right now, but I will try to upload a log of last night when I get back.

Hernus of Norgannon-US
yazhou87

Help With Threat

Postby dguilloryjr » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 am

I need some help on increasing my threat. Below you will find 2 links to my toons profile and my spell rotation.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us ... =aspxcoder
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =aspxcoder

Seal:
Corruption/Seal of Command

Pull:
Avenger Shield/Excorcism

Rotation:
6 - Hamer of Righteous
9 - Consercration
6 - Shield of Righteousness
9 - Holy Shield
6 - Hamer of Righteous
9 - Judgement of Wisdom
6 - Shield Of Righteousness
9 - Concercration/Holy Shield
dguilloryjr

Re: Help With Threat

Postby kysu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 am

Pull: HOR add that in

Rotation is fine, only thing I would see with your stats is that your expertise is .. lacking. Cataclysm chest and tier legs both have ALOT of expertise if you looking for something also the boots off dreamwalker, and the sword from 10m purtricide.

I won't go into detail on your spec or a couple of gems, unless asked too.

But other then your expertise I really dont see anything glaring and your spec'd to crusade and have all the standard threat talents, make sure ur baddies are tot'ing n md'ing. You can use bigbrother to watch to see who and when they are doing it.
kysu

Re: Help With Threat

Postby Barathorn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 am

dguilloryjr wrote:I need some help on increasing my threat. Below you will find 2 links to my toons profile and my spell rotation.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us ... =aspxcoder
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =aspxcoder

Seal:
Corruption/Seal of Command

Pull:
Avenger Shield/Excorcism

Rotation:
6 - Hamer of Righteous
9 - Consercration
6 - Shield of Righteousness
9 - Holy Shield
6 - Hamer of Righteous
9 - Judgement of Wisdom
6 - Shield Of Righteousness
9 - Concercration/Holy Shield

Moving this to the established threat thread.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Proclaim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Ragingsoul wrote:well, IMO, it's nothing you can do about it, blizz again over did it.
I'm doing 800 more dps than our warrior tank, yet, he pulls aggro off me on queen with no effort. I'm using the ret libram too, but it's not enough. really starting to piss me off btw. not much more I can do to boost my threat, I'll switch to a slow mainhand dps weapon I guess, pretty stupid if it has to come to that, when you do that much more dps already.

tell your warrior to not have Vig on you at the start.... he's taking 15% of your threat from that alone. Also to get a nice aggro boost on the pull try getting in exorcism range, cast it and spam the crap out of taunt, if you do it just right you will get damage from both exo and taunt, follow that up with Avenger's Shield as you run in then judge and you should have some significant threat.
Proclaim

Postby Meloree » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 pm

This thread needs the disclaimer: "Include a parse, or take all advise with a grain of salt".
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby HannahBelle » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm

CBH or cake?

CBH without a doubt.
HannahBelle

Postby Katrienne » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 am

Within the last week, I upgraded two pieces of gear. I got the Cata chest and the crafted ICC boots. I thought it would be great as I wouldn't need the exp food. However, from the very first pull in ICC 25, my threat was definitely reduced. I was outthreated easily by the druid and warrior tanks. The whole night was rough with me constantly fighting for aggro. The second night started the same, so I switched back to my old gear. Threat problems were gone. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I measured it using Omen and every single time, my threat was significantly lower in the new gear. My rotation is exactly the same (969). The stats on the new gear are slightly lower, but I would never have thought they would effect my threat in this way. My "old" gear is what I'm wearing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Katrienne

Any help would be appreciated!
Katrienne

Postby Barathorn » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 am

Katrienne wrote:Within the last week, I upgraded two pieces of gear. I got the Cata chest and the crafted ICC boots. I thought it would be great as I wouldn't need the exp food. However, from the very first pull in ICC 25, my threat was definitely reduced. I was outthreated easily by the druid and warrior tanks. The whole night was rough with me constantly fighting for aggro. The second night started the same, so I switched back to my old gear. Threat problems were gone. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I measured it using Omen and every single time, my threat was significantly lower in the new gear. My rotation is exactly the same (969). The stats on the new gear are slightly lower, but I would never have thought they would effect my threat in this way. My "old" gear is what I'm wearing.

Did you check to see if you received the normal amounts of misdirects and tricks of the trade?

The gear simply should not have that effect, something else is wrong. We need a parse to be able to examine it fully.

Sorry I can't be more help without a parse.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 am

Katrienne wrote:Within the last week, I upgraded two pieces of gear. I got the Cata chest and the crafted ICC boots. I thought it would be great as I wouldn't need the exp food. However, from the very first pull in ICC 25, my threat was definitely reduced. I was outthreated easily by the druid and warrior tanks. The whole night was rough with me constantly fighting for aggro. The second night started the same, so I switched back to my old gear. Threat problems were gone. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I measured it using Omen and every single time, my threat was significantly lower in the new gear. My rotation is exactly the same (969). The stats on the new gear are slightly lower, but I would never have thought they would effect my threat in this way. My "old" gear is what I'm wearing.

Just to point out some of the obvious points: You have parry gems and strength gems. Get rid of them. You have hit/stamina gems, and yet you're at 372 hit rating. That hit you've gemmed for? Utterly useless.

Jesus, actually you have a FULL expertise gem and loads of parry/stam and hit/stam gems. You really need to view Digren's guide on this site.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Katrienne » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 am

Nikachelle wrote:Just to point out some of the obvious points: You have parry gems and strength gems. Get rid of them. You have hit/stamina gems, and yet you're at 372 hit rating. That hit you've gemmed for? Utterly useless.

Jesus, actually you have a FULL expertise gem and loads of parry/stam and hit/stam gems. You really need to view Digren's guide on this site.

I know I need to regem. However, I did need the expertise gem in the old gear as I was shy even with the food. However, I was asking about a change in threat which I don't think is related to gem issues with existing gear. It was only on equipping the new gear that I noticed.
Katrienne

Postby Katrienne » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 am

Barathorn wrote:Did you check to see if you received the normal amounts of misdirects and tricks of the trade?

The gear simply should not have that effect, something else is wrong. We need a parse to be able to examine it fully.

Sorry I can't be more help without a parse.

Barathorn

Thanks for the reply. I'll get a parse tonight. Everything else (MD, TOT) was the same though. I did do some unscientific testing against elites in IC. Every time, my tps is lower in the new gear (per Omen).
Katrienne

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 am

Katrienne wrote:
I know I need to regem. However, I did need the expertise gem in the old gear as I was shy even with the food. However, I was asking about a change in threat which I don't think is related to gem issues with existing gear. It was only on equipping the new gear that I noticed.

As a paladin tank, you should not be gemming for expertise or nomming food for it either. That being said, the Cataclysmic Chestguard has a buttload of expertise on it if you are indeed worried about it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

Nikachelle wrote:As a paladin tank, you should not be gemming for expertise or nomming food for it either. That being said, the Cataclysmic Chestguard has a buttload of expertise on it if you are indeed worried about it.

I think what I'm reading here is that Nika is suggesting we should have plenty of expertise from the gear available from EoFrost to reach the dodge cap of 26. As far as I can remember, that is a function of SotR being our hishest threat output ability, and it has been moved to the melee hit table (3.3?)

Below this cap, rhinolicious steaks are the highest value food for threat and damage output. The same holds true for snapper extreme if you are softcapped on expertise but short of the 8% hit cap. Maintaining both caps, strength dragonfin filets are swell, followed closely by fish feasts. It's always nice to carry around some blackened dragonfin as well in case you want the added (albeit small) amount of armor/avoidance/threat from agility food.

MATLab consumables discussion
cds4850

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice