Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:05 am

Apollya wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
Apollya wrote:It all depends though on what boots you're using and how you plan to gear. Due to the lack of defence you cannot equip these, Cataclysmic Chest, Pillars and Kraken without making some huge sacrifices elsewhere (like using a def trinket).


Sure you can.

I'm of the opinion gear now is better than gear later, especially when waiting on drops. If a craft is better than what you have, there's really very little reason not to get them. But then, I accumulate gold without thinking about it, so YMMV.


Well For me the boots were never in my set since I do have a guild Killing Valithiria (Won boots on our 2nd kill) and I also had the 258 Dawnbreaker Sabatons which in honesty were better since such a minor EH change and the avoidance more than compensates for it. So never even really figured having, Cataclysmic, Pillars, Kraken and these in a set. The first 3 sure I considered :P but not the boots :P


We've been downing Dreamwalker since she was avail, but I've had these boots since patch week and still haven't seen the boots. Before the wing opened it may have weighed even more heavily. Now, not as much, unless 25DW just isn't available.

Also, I don't gem for bonuses smaller than 2for9, and I still don't have problems fitting them in, even with all the other badge gear. Granted, I haven't started using any tier pieces yet, having picked up 264 offsets fairly quickly, but it may be more of a concern then (e.g., t10 hat has much less def than the LDW hat).
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby Lieris » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 am

Apollya wrote: Due to the lack of defence you cannot equip these, Cataclysmic Chest, Pillars and Kraken without making some huge sacrifices elsewhere (like using a def trinket).


That's not true, I'm wearing all 4 currently. No defence enchants on shield, chest or cloak either.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby Apollya » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Lieris wrote:
Apollya wrote: Due to the lack of defence you cannot equip these, Cataclysmic Chest, Pillars and Kraken without making some huge sacrifices elsewhere (like using a def trinket).


That's not true, I'm wearing all 4 currently. No defence enchants on shield, chest or cloak either.


Aye we established this already.
User avatar
Apollya
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 am

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby steadypal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm

yes they are an upgrade, small one but they are an upgrade, i have 3 lvl 80 alts, so took me 2 weeks to get these, and been using them ever since, our first dreamwalker kill and her boots dropped, but i was able to pass them because i had these already, save my epgp for better upgrades...


besides, expertise is now shown to only effect threat, and exp cap is alot easier to reach than hit cap :P, so small upgrade,,, and like a few ppl have said, 100% chance of crafting compared to you maybe NEVER seeing dreamwalker boots drop,,, could happen,, happens to me all the time LOL
steadypal
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:33 pm

steadypal wrote:yes they are an upgrade, small one but they are an upgrade, i have 3 lvl 80 alts, so took me 2 weeks to get these, and been using them ever since, our first dreamwalker kill and her boots dropped, but i was able to pass them because i had these already, save my epgp for better upgrades...


besides, expertise is now shown to only effect threat, and exp cap is alot easier to reach than hit cap :P, so small upgrade,,, and like a few ppl have said, 100% chance of crafting compared to you maybe NEVER seeing dreamwalker boots drop,,, could happen,, happens to me all the time LOL


Well, I sold the three saronites I had purchased (at a small profit :-) and will wait a bit to see what drops. As soon as I get another upgrade where I loose hit, I'll get these crafted, or, I'll wait till prices on the saronites drop a bit more and get the legs and boots crafted together (I have the Marrowgar legs now, so if I replace them with the Pillars, I could use some hit from another slot).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby steadypal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:18 pm

well you have to think of if your going to use tier gear or not


if not, offset helm/chest/legs have a metric asston of hit, and you wont need these, but if you start to branch off and get tier gear,, ur going to be hurting on hit actually, besides the offset plate gear with hit, ur just going to get it from, marrow wpn, and both rings... well i suppose prince cloak if you dont have badge one, LOL



same for me, have to think, if i want 4pc, eventually i need to find expertise and defense elsewhere, going from cat chest, to t10 chest alone, is a huge exp/def loss, and the only way i can make that up would be for dreamwalker boots.. but until i get my 4th token, i'll happily be using the crafted feet. unless dreams go for offspec of course, dont want those dps'ers takin my loots
steadypal
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 pm

steadypal wrote:well you have to think of if your going to use tier gear or not

same for me, have to think, if i want 4pc, eventually i need to find expertise and defense elsewhere, going from cat chest, to t10 chest alone, is a huge exp/def loss, and the only way i can make that up would be for dreamwalker boots.. but until i get my 4th token, i'll happily be using the crafted feet. unless dreams go for offspec of course, dont want those dps'ers takin my loots


key word there.. eventually. :-)

I think that's the key here. Unless/until you need the +hit, there might be better places to spend your gold. I'll likely get them eventually, unless I get the DrWklr boots, but I don't see the urgent need. Waiting a month might save me 5k. Of course, it could all change with lucky drops for other slots as well.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby BlackNet » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I just got these boots over the weekend. Took me some long hours farming but I managed to buy all of the mats for them, I tank farmed heroics and sold ore, orbs and gems on the AH.

So far I have to say from the old boots that I was using these certainly makes a vast improvement all around.

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.arygos.blacknet

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49907.0.1075.0.36767.36767;45560.0.1075.0.36767.36767&weights=paly%20tank;137:22:134:21:117:45:42:46:119:20:41:44:43:96;5000:100:90:60:59:55:45:30:16:16:8:7:6:6 This is the wowhead item compare that I worked up and 54 stam, 7 str, 201 armor, 28 dodge, 35 parry and 53 hit increase is nothing but win. The only 'bad' thing is 37 defense but I am still over the magic number so it's all good.

I am now considering farming up for the legs as well while working on the lightsworn set.
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:25 am

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 am

And I've held off on them still. I'm not hitting content where that ~600ish health is an issue, an I still haven't got an upgrade where I've lost any hit. (6 weeks and counting with no upgrade, other than buying the 251 shoulders... I'm really tired of upgrades only coming from badges )
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby Macktruck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:40 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Macktruck

There's a link to my armory.

I'm not quite sure what level your gear is, but mine's all 25m icc with 2 exceptions. I do use the Kingly Upheaval boots. I'm at 36 exp (with glyph) and 258 hit. For hit I use the H Bonebreaker Scepter, the Boots, Rep Ring, 20 hit to gloves, and accuracy to weapon.

For Exp, I use Tier legs and Badge Chest with glyph, and that brings me to 36.

If you have it available, the Royal Crimson Cloak from 25m Blood Council is also viable as it gives 38 hit.
Image
Macktruck
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby silkforcalde » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:24 pm

I use the boots primarily for the hit, as I am way under cap. I think I'm at 170 something using Accuracy on weapon. I'm mostly 25 man ICC outside of weapon (10 man normal Putricide sword), shield (10 man normal gunship), libram, and 251 tier gloves. Hoping to get the mace off 25 Putricide and the shield off 25 BQ but no drops so far.

I rather like the boots, to be honest. But I won't craft them on my warrior because he has the opposite issue, a crapton of hit I can't seem to lose because I lose rolls to every non-hit-having upgrade. (Yeah I have two shield tanks, I'm crazy)
silkforcalde
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:29 am

Macktruck wrote:I'm not quite sure what level your gear is, but mine's all 25m icc with 2 exceptions. I do use the Kingly Upheaval boots. I'm at 36 exp (with glyph) and 258 hit. For hit I use the H Bonebreaker Scepter, the Boots, Rep Ring, 20 hit to gloves, and accuracy to weapon.


I'm at 245 helm, 232 neck, 251 tier shoulders, EOF cloak, Cat chest, EoF belt, Kraken, Pillars/Lost-Hope, 251 mace/shield and the ToC 245 boots (non-+hit ones as well as heroic 245 with +hit).

So I really am stuck on RNG now, nothing else I can do for improvements except blind luck.

silkforcalde wrote:I use the boots primarily for the hit, as I am way under cap. I think I'm at 170 something using Accuracy on weapon. I'm mostly 25 man ICC outside of weapon (10 man normal Putricide sword), shield (10 man normal gunship), libram, and 251 tier gloves. Hoping to get the mace off 25 Putricide and the shield off 25 BQ but no drops so far.

I rather like the boots, to be honest. But I won't craft them on my warrior because he has the opposite issue, a crapton of hit I can't seem to lose because I lose rolls to every non-hit-having upgrade. (Yeah I have two shield tanks, I'm crazy)


Yeah, this is the thing. I have enough +hit right now. So I just crafted the Pillars as they give me an armour option for Fester and such, while these boots give 600 health and hit I don't need.

So at this point, EoFs are going to start going to selling saronites after I buy the 251 helm.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby Shathus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 am

halabar wrote:So at this point, EoFs are going to start going to selling saronites after I buy the 251 helm.


What about the Corroded Skeleton Key? Arguments over it aside, it's still a crap-ton of stam for when you need it and good to have in your bags.
Shathus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Shathus wrote:
halabar wrote:So at this point, EoFs are going to start going to selling saronites after I buy the 251 helm.


What about the Corroded Skeleton Key? Arguments over it aside, it's still a crap-ton of stam for when you need it and good to have in your bags.


I have the Key too... so REALLY nothing else other than saronites to spend EoF on other than 251 tier gear that I won't have marks to upgrade. The ret gear isn't being used (shouldn't have bought those boe's) so I'm not spending EoF there, at least not now. (And I have the two crafted items for my hunter, so no need to ship saronites there...)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Boots of Kingly Upheaval - are they worth it?

Postby sabedoriaclark » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Just got the boots and I'm happy with them. For one thing - they look a hell of a lot better than those shaggy 232 ToC boots did! Especially with the offset belt and gloves which are in the same color and theme.

I have no alts. I did dailies to save up the gold and bought the Primordial Saronite at around 1500-1600g each. It was worth it to me, because I will probably be wearing these babies till Cataclysm. My guild is a 10man guild that won't be getting Dreamwalker25 anytime. I can afford the loss of defense and was well under hitcap so I don't mind the hit either.

Are they perfect? No. But the best I'm able to get by a long shot.
Image
sabedoriaclark
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest