Remove Advertisements

ICC10: What to wear and why!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: ICC10: What to wear and why!

Postby obiwayne » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:13 am

Great list! Thank you so much for this! I would like to add that the Black Spire Sabatons from Heroic Forge of Souls is a suitable alternative as boots; stat-wise they're a little better than the Spiked Deathdealers (and free); a little worse than the Heroic TotC boots but a lot more obtainable.
obiwayne

Postby Njall » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:23 am

obiwayne wrote:Great list! Thank you so much for this! I would like to add that the Black Spire Sabatons from Heroic Forge of Souls is a suitable alternative as boots; stat-wise they're a little better than the Spiked Deathdealers (and free); a little worse than the Heroic TotC boots but a lot more obtainable.

I'm not sure. I wear my spiked Deathdealers though I have the Sabatons as the two gems sockets (with +STA slapped in, of course) seem to outweigh the lower stats. For me the +29 STA outweighs the +10 def and +10 parry. I might switch to them if I find myself in need of more +DEF but I can't really see a reason to change. If I am wrong, please let me know, as I feel sort of embarrassed to not use them.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 am

The redone material cost on the Ulduar gear makes them significantly less expensive to create as middle steps.

After last night's raid I pretty much reached my gear apex for 10 man ICC. Only things left are the Organ and the weapon off of the Lich King.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Lieris » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I still don't quite understand the point in LK dropping any loot on 10 man with the loot table he has. We get better higher ilevel weapons with more sockets from the trash bosses in heroic mode so there's no real incentive in doing LK normal other than to attune everyone to heroic mode to avoid zone in bugs. There's also a chance for him to drop 2 of the same weapon which can potentially waste loot even further.

Great fight though.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby sabedoriaclark » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 am

Yeah, the LK's loot table is seriously disappointing. Especially since there is no chance at the reins even on hard modes for 10man guilds.
sabedoriaclark

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice