Remove Advertisements

Hi, I just started fine tuning my pally.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Hi, I just started fine tuning my pally.

Postby pt376 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 am

If you have the Ony 232/245 rings, they are rally nice for the extra armor + resist, good for hard hitting bosses, but you are also trading Threat by doing so.
pt376

Re: Hi, I just started fine tuning my pally.

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am

Nikachelle wrote:Even the best geared tanks in this game can manage their mana enough that they don't ever have to drink between pulls. New tanks figure they need to blow all their spells at the mobs in order to keep them on them, which is really not the case.

this is the biggest learning curve for new tanks, when to go full bore, and when you can hold off and keep some mana. (or rage, or RP/runes)

i used to foollow the 969 religiously, until i hit teh gear level where i could tank ToC10 and not feel overly squishy. then i started going oom in heroics, and had to figure out when i could drop cons, how to chain pull, and how to deal with limited mana.

as far as you big damage spikes, it was probably one of those specail abilites, or you were getting hit with a cleave or something like it if you were in a raid. IE Meteor Fists on Koralon, or Saberlash on Marrowgar.

as far as NEEDING 40k+ thats utter and total bull, i killed Marrowgar the first time and i had 34k unbuffed, and was 45k raid buffed.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice