Remove Advertisements

Unidentifiable Organ - paging Theck?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Unidentifiable Organ - paging Theck?

Postby crabby654 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm

cds4850 wrote:
Wrathy wrote:I use this trinket quite a bit, and when deciding whether or not to equip it, I do not even take the stam proc into account. The decision is made off of "Do I want more armor?" and the answer for most fights in ICC is yes, why yes I do. The stam proc is just a bonus in my eyes.

^agreed

There is no situation where I break up my stamina trinket set (245Juggernaut/258Juggernaut) or armor trinket set (251Organ/Glyph.) Take the pipe dream of proc'd stamina out of your thoughts and just appreciate it as a little bonus to a very sizable chunk of armor.

I was thinking about going duel trinkets both ways, like dual stam and dual armor. I just get wierded out when I see paladin tanks that are like 9/12 heroic ICC 25 man with the organ + key is all.
crabby654

Postby Khayne » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

I use my 2 stam trinkets, organ and glyph all. Most of time it's juggers+organ, but for example tonight when i were tanking keleseth i used dual stams, and on MT queen dual armors,

All of them got their time and place?
Khayne

Postby Scrawn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm

When you proc the 27 stamina while stacking does it give you this in health when you are not topped off or does it only effect max hp? EG does it act like a small heal equivalent of 27sta every time it procs in essence reducing the size of an incoming damage spike by a small amount of damage?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Kihra » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Organ does seem like it would be really strong on P1 Lich King...
Kihra

Postby Baek » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 pm

For our guilds past two Blood Princes kills, I've been tanking both Taldaram and Valanar while our other tank holds onto Keleseth. I know this is not the preferred strat but it's how we've managed to get them down both times. Now I usually use double stam trinkets (Juggernaut's Vitality and a Skeleton Key), but I've been thinking that since I am tanking the two of them and taking a lot of melee hits, what would the approximate up time be for the unidentifiable organ?

Here is a link to my armory
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... na&cn=Baek

And here is a link to a World of Logs report for our most recent kill
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-42slc16l3lhsgsqx/

Looking at the logs (haven't really delved into them all that much tbh) but it seems I got hit a total of 110 times with melee swings the whole fight (38 hits and 80 blocks) and while I could roughly guesstimate the up time, I couldn't account for when the bosses are casting, swing timers or adding in the avoidance variable (been a while since I did something this mathy).

So, TL;DR, what sort of up time are we looking at with the gear I have (would probably swap out the Juggernaut trinket for the organ, not sure yet) and tanking both Taldaram and Valanar?
Baek

Postby Shathus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:13 pm

We've been doing 3 tanks (2 normal and 1 ranged) just for simplicity, though I'd like to switch to single tanking Val and Tal to get an extra dps.

However , one wipe from a week or two ago, the Taladram tank died early in the fight and I just picked up both. The buff was up 88% of the time and that includes some downtime when I only had 1 Prince on me. Once I had both, the buff was up almost 100% and was basically up at 10 full stacks the last half of the fight. It dropped off around the middle for some reason, my guess is a Kinetic Bomb or Empowered Shock Vortex hit and we got knocked around, but I can't remember.

I go Organ+Glyph for this fight anyways as the armor is good for the melee attacks.

logs
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Unidentifiable Organ

Postby Rachmaninoff » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

hey guys, our guild leader asked us to build a BiS list. our list is pretty cookie cutter until I reached the trinkets... I'm currently running the badge +228 and +192 Satrinas (never got the heroic one)...I wouldn't go with the dodge one (though 172 dodge is nuts) but the only pure stam ones are off Sindra @ +258 and the +228....

the one(s) in question are the other ones off of Professor whats everyone take on those? if remember correctly is 60% on melee hit to gain 24/27 stam stacking up to 10 for 20 seconds
Rachmaninoff

Re: Unidentifiable Organ

Postby blakk » Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

the static armor is the good part about the organ. there is no "BiS" for trinkets in my eyes. they should be swapped on a boss to boss basis
blakk

Re: Unidentifiable Organ

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

The stam proc on the Organ is icing and shouldn't even be taken into consideration when evaluating this trinket: if you wear it, you wear it for the armor.

I personally wear it for every fight not involving Sindragosa or LDW.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon May 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Moved back to the front page to help with an existing thread.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue May 18, 2010 7:52 am

Barathorn wrote:Moved back to the front page to help with an existing thread.

Barathorn

thanks
Rachmaninoff

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice