Unidentifiable Organ - paging Theck?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Unidentifiable Organ - paging Theck?

Postby Amonet » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:10 am

Hey guys. Have been directed to this thread.

Do you guys think it's worth it replacing Juggernaut's vitality for this trinket? As I've read above, the stamina procc is not really reliable. And frankly, for most encounters you can't really count on it to procc, or stay on you as there's alot of tankswitching in ICC.

So worth replacing 2K HP for about 1.8k armor, and luckily some HP now and then. Or just for specific encounters?
Amonet

Postby Anorian » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:19 am

As you might have seen in the armor vs stam thread, it's not very clear at the moment what is the best choice. Obviously for magic heavy encounters use the satrina's but when an encounter is not it's not very clear what is best. So i doubt there is a good answer. My opinion is that with stamina you can never really choose wrong, more is almost always better.
Anorian

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 am

Yeah, the armor discussion is forcing me to re-think my stance on this thread. The proc is still crap due to weak uptime, but the inherent armor on the trinket makes it a much stronger contender for progression content.

I still haven't decided whether the 100 armor upgrade offsets the nice on-use ability on the Glyph of Indomitability though.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sathoris » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 am

I would use the Glyph over the Organ (Norma version) due to the really powerful use effect ...

Although the Heroic version of Organ is really nice ... a whole 400+ armor increase which is better overall versus the use effect of the Glyph.

I still think that Organ proc works better for (or let's say favours) druids then DK/Warr/Pally.
Sathoris

Postby stenarier » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:54 am

First time poster, but avid reader of the forums.

I'm playing a paladin tank which only does 10 man content (ICC, TogC). Last night I picked up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50341 and I'm not sure as to how good it is relative to my other trinkets.

I'm currently using:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50356
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216

I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the Skeleton Key as it's a very good sta trinket for overall fights. However, I'm quite unsure wether to replace The Black Heart with my new Organ.

I do realize the proc is quite bad on the Organ, but even having a few stacks up + the passive armor seems to perhaps give greater results than the black heart.

What are your suggestions for me? It's quite hard to come by good trinkets unless you raid 25 mans -_-.
stenarier

Postby Wrathy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 pm

stenarier wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the Skeleton Key as it's a very good sta trinket for overall fights. However, I'm quite unsure wether to replace The Black Heart with my new Organ.

It is situational, The Black heart will be very beneficial for fights where there is a lot of magic damage, where as the organ may win out on pure physical fights. Keep them both, use them both, just do so knowing why you will.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Stripperella » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 pm

This may be a little off topic. I have non-heroic Satrina's Scarab and Heart of Iron. What i am wondering, is the unidentifiable organ better than heart of iron even with no/little stack uptime?

I know from fight to fight it will change, but how many stacks exactly would i need to average to beat the heart?
Stripperella

Postby Wrathy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Stripperella wrote:This may be a little off topic. I have non-heroic Satrina's Scarab and Heart of Iron. What i am wondering, is the unidentifiable organ better than heart of iron even with no/little stack uptime?

I know from fight to fight it will change, but how many stacks exactly would i need to average to beat the heart?

Code: Select all
Heart:Organ = 162:1890 = 1:11.66

It is a pretty comparable trinket to passive effective health, however if you are not good about using the HoI's on use, then I would say that any fight which is low on magical damage you should use the UO over the HoI in concert with the Scarab.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:04 pm

How often do you have to be attacked in order to have a reasonable shot at 100% uptime?

I was tanking Marrowgar and noticed something near 100% (I was staying in bone storm), and when I was tanking Valanar and Taldaram at once, I also got pretty close to 100% uptime. Other than these bosses and trash, is there anything else that'd get you there, or is it basically just those?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Fiaraa » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Not really, for the sole fact that you have to tank swap practically every other fight in there. :/
Fiaraa

Postby Varuk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:10 pm

fudomyou wrote:How often do you have to be attacked in order to have a reasonable shot at 100% uptime?

I was tanking Marrowgar and noticed something near 100% (I was staying in bone storm), and when I was tanking Valanar and Taldaram at once, I also got pretty close to 100% uptime. Other than these bosses and trash, is there anything else that'd get you there, or is it basically just those?
Define 100% uptime. Do you mean 100% uptime of a 10-stack? Or 100% uptime of any size stack? On some fights it's pretty reasonable to have 70-80% uptime on any size stack, with an average stack size of around 3. But at this point we're still talking about RNG stamina, though.
Varuk

Postby crabby654 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Might as well try to revive this thread a bit. Has anyone actually done anymore testing or anything on this trinket. I always second guess myself whenever I wow-progress the best geared paladin tanks on my server and they both use Skeleton key + Unidentifiable Organ. And at the moment I am using Key + Black heart. So I'm now I'm just confused on what trinket I should really go for next.
crabby654

Postby Shathus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

crabby654 wrote:Might as well try to revive this thread a bit. Has anyone actually done anymore testing or anything on this trinket. I always second guess myself whenever I wow-progress the best geared paladin tanks on my server and they both use Skeleton key + Unidentifiable Organ. And at the moment I am using Key + Black heart. So I'm now I'm just confused on what trinket I should really go for next.

i think the general understanding (correct me if wrong) it's pretty much like the Triumph armor trinket, but just with a chance to give you HP instead of a dodge on-use. Since armor is generally a good stat for pretty much all the ICC fights, it's not too bad (at least depending on what other trinkets you have access to), you just can't treat it like a stam trinket, ESPECIALLY outside of ICC where the proc will have an even lower uptime. The heroic version will be nice as it will gain a good chunk of armor as well.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:32 pm

I use this trinket quite a bit, and when deciding whether or not to equip it, I do not even take the stam proc into account. The decision is made off of "Do I want more armor?" and the answer for most fights in ICC is yes, why yes I do. The stam proc is just a bonus in my eyes.

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Wrathy wrote:I use this trinket quite a bit, and when deciding whether or not to equip it, I do not even take the stam proc into account. The decision is made off of "Do I want more armor?" and the answer for most fights in ICC is yes, why yes I do. The stam proc is just a bonus in my eyes.

^agreed

There is no situation where I break up my stamina trinket set (245Juggernaut/258Juggernaut) or armor trinket set (251Organ/Glyph.) Take the pipe dream of proc'd stamina out of your thoughts and just appreciate it as a little bonus to a very sizable chunk of armor.
cds4850

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice