Spending Badges in 3.3

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby kanst » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 am

So in recent light of the fact that my guild hasn't seen a Conqueror tier token thing in almost a month I may have to change my gear plans. Originally I was going to go for 4 pc tier, but with this lack of luck, and the realization that now it will probably be a month until I can get 3 tokens for the 264 tier, I may end up going with Kraken and Cat, I almost have enough emblems to buy them both. After my 10 man on Sunday I will figure it out
Image
kanst
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 9:02 am

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby Sanctify » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:41 pm

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=sanctify

I've been sitting on a conqueror token for a while now, as I chose to pick up the badge belt, cloak, gloves and trinket first, before buying the 264 Tier 10 hat with my first token.

I've now saved up another 95 badges but am torn as to wether I should buy the 264 Tier 10 Chest or the Cat with them. Up until the addition of bonus armor to the T10 gloves and chest I had no intention of wearing any more than 1 piece of T10 however I now really can't decide wether to stick with my original plan. On another note, if it weren't for the fact that they drop in VoA I'd be buying the 264 gloves as I'm down to 55 hit in my heavy +armor mitigation set, but I don't want to waste a token on an item that I have a chance, albiet small, of obtaining for free. In order to sort my hit problem I'm planning on getting the legs from Marrowgar when they finally drop, this would mean I'll be struggling to stay at the expertise soft cap without the cat, now regretting passing on the 258 twins +expertise bracers the other week :(

Anyone have any suggestions?

PS: What Would Theck Do?
Image Image
Sanctify
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:43 am

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Got the Kraken over the weekend, so now I have Cat/Kraken/belt/cloak/Key. ICC still refusing to drop anything tank-related, so next up will be shoulders or helm, once I save up again. Considering how long it took me to get the 245 neck, I won't get the 251 or 264 necks until Deathwing is flying around... :-P
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby theckhd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 am

Sanctify wrote:Anyone have any suggestions?

PS: What Would Theck Do?

All depends. Do you plan on getting Pillars crafted? How easy is it for you to pick up 264/277 tokens?

If you won't have defense problems, then T10 chest is an option. Staying at expertise soft-cap is basically a threat question, so it's entirely possible to dip below it and stay survivable, you just might need to work harder to maintain threat (and get Tricks/MD/etc).

I don't personally plan on using T10 chest at all unless I see enough tokens to get multiple 277 pieces. I have Helm/Shoulders in my "default" set, and have the gloves for flexibility (so I can go to Helm/Gloves if I want to wear Gunship shoulders). T10 helm/gloves will be my first 277 upgrades, since they have no peers. The next 277 token would then be a choice between shoulders and chest, and would depend on a number of things (how much expertise do I have without chest at that point, do I have 277 gunship shoulders, etc).

In the long term, I will probably run T10.277 Helm/Gloves with off-set pieces everywhere else, and swap in Shoulders/Chest for fights where I want the 4-piece and extra armor from T10.277 chest.

I think you're in a good position to do the same if you pick up the gloves from VoA. I'd still get the Cat chest first though, unless you really want the 2-piece. If your guild is going to see 277 tokens soon, I might revise that suggestion, but I know that I'm not likely to see them for another month or two.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby Methodis » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Wondering what people suggest I should get next; I have the 264 belt, cloak, gloves, trinket and now i'm at about 70 badges and wasn't sure if I should get the shoulders (251) and hope I can get a token next run, or if I should save up for the helm/chest?

I'm at 25 expertise with SOV (:() so i'm not really lookign forward to getting the helm, but wasn't sure if the chest would be worth it that much.

I'm mostly 10 man but I run 25 man twice a week but we're only up to Saurfang so shoulders, helm and pants are a chance to get but not a definite.

Please and thanks :D
Captaìnkurr - 80 Paladin
User avatar
Methodis
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Methodis wrote:Wondering what people suggest I should get next; I have the 264 belt, cloak, gloves, trinket and now i'm at about 70 badges and wasn't sure if I should get the shoulders (251) and hope I can get a token next run, or if I should save up for the helm/chest?

I'm at 25 expertise with SOV (:() so i'm not really lookign forward to getting the helm, but wasn't sure if the chest would be worth it that much.

I'm mostly 10 man but I run 25 man twice a week but we're only up to Saurfang so shoulders, helm and pants are a chance to get but not a definite.

Please and thanks :D


I'd look at the badge chest. Then tier shoulders, then tier helm.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby daisuki » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:27 pm

So I have carefully gathered 60 emblems of frost. So much different since I last posted here. :D


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Daisuki


I am looking at the Sentinel's Cloak, shoulders, or skeleton key, but not sure what I should get. :oops:

Or should I save up to 95 emblems?
daisuki
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby Taragor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:01 am

Key was first thing I bought as my trinkets we not great. You dont have any stam trinkets from what I see so its alot of EH you would gain. The cloak would be nice as well. Run VoA to hopefully grab the gloves. That's my opinion =)
Image
Taragor
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby auxiliary » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 am

Long time reader, first time poster looking for some advice.

Here's my current gear out...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... t&cn=Fykel

Our guild is consistently getting to Putricide in 10's and to Festergut in 25's each week now, but even though we've downed Saurfang at least 6 times, we've never seen the mark I need.

I'm currently sitting on a huge 246 frost emblems and not really sure what I should upgrade. The T10 shoulders are meh since I haven't seen a mark (and probably wouldn't win the roll against the 4 other pallies) so I can wait for Saurfang's to drop. Kraken on the other hand seems like a huge upgrade, the T10 gloves seem weak without the mark and I doubt I would buy the shoulders to get 2-piece.

What do you guys think? Would you just buy the T10 gloves/shoulders for the 2-piece now since I'll get a mark eventually. Or would you purchase kraken and just wait till I have a mark to save up another 60 emblems (if I don't already have em)?

Since I have already a decent chest, helm and pants it doesn't seem like a good use of emblems/gold to get pillars, or cat.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
auxiliary
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby lucem » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:35 pm

hi guys i was wondering if i could get a hand in the upcoming choice. I have 60 frosts and can now buy the t10 shoulders, which are a solid upgrade to my EoT ones which are still good. The other big upgrade im considering is cat chestplate, but since i just got my chestplate of towering mostruosity id feel a little bad replacing it already.

Also considering getting the key but since i got satrina's i'm not that convinced.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&cn=Lucem

thx for the help
User avatar
lucem
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:08 am

So, here's the new gearing question that I imagine many will be asking soon..

Right now from badges I have the 251 shoulders, Kraken, Cat, Sentinel, Belt and the Key. And I'm saving up to get the helm (50ish frost at the moment). I also have the Marrogar 264 legs from a drop.

So, since I have 264s in all the "tier" slots other than the shoulders and will have the helm in 2 weeks or so, what should I get next with frost?.. Spend them on ret gear (that I rarely use) or buy saronites to get the crafted legs then the crafted boots?

My guild is kinda stuck at Rotface at the moment (too many new people coming in who can't get the movement down, and I wind up being the kite tank, which I hate doing..)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 am

lucem wrote:hi guys i was wondering if i could get a hand in the upcoming choice. I have 60 frosts and can now buy the t10 shoulders, which are a solid upgrade to my EoT ones which are still good. The other big upgrade im considering is cat chestplate, but since i just got my chestplate of towering mostruosity id feel a little bad replacing it already.

Also considering getting the key but since i got satrina's i'm not that convinced.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&cn=Lucem

thx for the help


Cat chest is very solid. T10 shoulders are good as well. Either is a fine choice to get now, and get the other next.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby Barathorn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 am

halabar wrote:So, here's the new gearing question that I imagine many will be asking soon..

Right now from badges I have the 251 shoulders, Kraken, Cat, Sentinel, Belt and the Key. And I'm saving up to get the helm (50ish frost at the moment). I also have the Marrogar 264 legs from a drop.

So, since I have 264s in all the "tier" slots other than the shoulders and will have the helm in 2 weeks or so, what should I get next with frost?.. Spend them on ret gear (that I rarely use) or buy saronites to get the crafted legs then the crafted boots?

My guild is kinda stuck at Rotface at the moment (too many new people coming in who can't get the movement down, and I wind up being the kite tank, which I hate doing..)


Boots for sure if you don't have a better option. Really it comes down to this,

At some point in 10 man raiding your DPS will start causing you issues with threat, if that time is now then 2 piece T10 is a strong must have with immediate effect.If that isn't the case then upgrade your weakest slot - in your case boots Halabar?

Once you have all of the gear for the gear sets you need, then you can sell saronites to pay for your levelling in Cat or buy off spec gear.

That is my take on it.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7104
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby Wrathy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:45 am

Barathorn wrote:Once you have all of the gear for the gear sets you need, then you can sell saronites to pay for your levelling in Cat


How does one procure said leveling services. I HATE LEVELING...
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Image
Wrathy
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:52 am

Barathorn wrote:Boots for sure if you don't have a better option. Really it comes down to this,

At some point in 10 man raiding your DPS will start causing you issues with threat, if that time is now then 2 piece T10 is a strong must have with immediate effect.If that isn't the case then upgrade your weakest slot - in your case boots Halabar?

Once you have all of the gear for the gear sets you need, then you can sell saronites to pay for your levelling in Cat or buy off spec gear.

That is my take on it.

Barathorn.


Thanks B

Yeah, once I get the helm, then perhaps the boots, but I guess I could do that now as well since money isn't an issue atm (just bought the crafted legs for my hunter, since I was still stuck with 232s there, THOSE were expensive). Threat still isn't an issue really, but as the dps gets more of the ICC buff, eventually it will get there.

Since I have the 264 drop legs, Pillars aren't a huge concern yet. (Only place I am dying before others is Rotface, but that's basically because the healers are running around like an episode of the BennyHill show).

My weakest slot is my 232 neck, but that's another story...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest