Spending Badges in 3.3

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby sfrog » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 pm

How is everyone planning on spending badges come 3.3?

From the looks of it we have to purchase all of the 251 iLevel gear in order for us to purchase, with a token, the higher level gear. I wasn't planning on buying any of the 251 gear given that I'm in mostly 258 gear. It seemed a waste to purchase an entire set of teir gear I wasn't ever going to use (and a waste of bag space!). I had been thinking of maybe buying some of the Badge gear.
So. It looks like now the best thing is to save (hoard) all my badges and wait till I get a token, then buy the 251 peice to turn it into the next teir?
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Re: Spending Badges in 3.3

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Speaking as a 10 man raider who won't be seeing a tier token for a long time, I'll probably go for the Stamina trinket and the cloak first. I'm still in the Valor emblem cloak, and since I'm not going to be seeing a tribute chest any time soon there's a big gap in upgrades from General Vezax 10 -> EoF cloak.

I'm not sure if I'll go for tier pieces yet. Will depend on the stats, and on the availability of Primordial Saronite. Unlike T9 the bonus doesn't seem big enough to go out of my way for if other pieces look a little better.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby daemonym » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm

personally with the huge variety of gear coming out in ICC and with the emblem loot, i'm going to wait a few weeks before i even decide what i'll be getting first based on drops and encounters and how they feel.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Flex » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:05 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Speaking as a 10 man raider who won't be seeing a tier token for a long time, I'll probably go for the Stamina trinket and the cloak first.

Agreed. Lack of cloak options for the average 10 man guild in T9 content bothers me, doubly so since casters got an option in the "for fun" level 80 Onyxia.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Alanyor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:38 am

Stamina Trinket.
No 251 set.

Libram isn't better than the 245 one in my opinion, so the rest of the badges will be spared for T10.5 Set.
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Thels » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:38 am

Lots of items with +armor on it from the badge vendor!

First the stamina trinket, then the armor pieces. After that, we'll see what's left.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Enkal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:18 am

sfrog wrote:How is everyone planning on spending badges come 3.3?

From the looks of it we have to purchase all of the 251 iLevel gear in order for us to purchase, with a token, the higher level gear. I wasn't planning on buying any of the 251 gear given that I'm in mostly 258 gear. It seemed a waste to purchase an entire set of teir gear I wasn't ever going to use (and a waste of bag space!). I had been thinking of maybe buying some of the Badge gear.
So. It looks like now the best thing is to save (hoard) all my badges and wait till I get a token, then buy the 251 peice to turn it into the next teir?

I havent seen this information before? Have they changed it so that we'll upgrade our tier gear using tokens? Any source for this info?
Enkal

Postby Anorian » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:04 am

for 25 man raiders nothing changed really, instead of buying the 264 gear with a token + emblems you buy it with the 251 version you bought 10 seconds earlier + token.
Anorian

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Cloak then trinket, then we'll see. Glad to see the new system, as it doesn't encourage people to sit on badges waiting for a trophy, when badges could be used on gear that is an upgrade. Considering that I've given up hope of getting another trophy so I'm spending EoT on ret gear, this is a good change.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Belgeran » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:17 am

I think the upgrade system is a good idea, i know i have a few 232 pieces just sitting in the bank ive replaced with offset 245 pieces
Belgeran

Postby Fayia » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am

By the looks of it, 3 of the T10 base items cost 95 emblems each and 2 of them cost 60. That is 415 emblems right there.

Cloak 50 and trinket 50 IIRC and we are looking at about 515 emblems to collect.

Now:

7 x daily random heroic = 14 emblems
1 x weekly raid = 5 emblems
4 raidbosses 25 man = 8 emblems
4 raidbosses 10 man = 8 emblems (guesstimate)
---------------------------------------------
35 emblems in the first week (41 really if you also do the 3 quests in the new 3 5 mans)
150 emblems on the day the second wing opens...and the weekly emblem drops should increase.

Still.. 3-4 months of dedicated emblem farming by the looks of it.

I have no opinion yet on how non set items compare, but seeing you can't upgrade they - are they even an option?

Got the ilv 245 T9 set and won the first upgrade mark already, but I am tempted to go for a trinket first, as mine are both ilv 200 still :/
Last edited by Fayia on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fayia

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:34 am

My epeen is telling me to get the stamina trinket (I've got Satrina's and Royal Seal).

My common sense is telling me get the cloak (I've got the 213 badge cloak).

Ahhhhhhh.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:30 am

Nikachelle wrote:My epeen is telling me to get the stamina trinket (I've got Satrina's and Royal Seal).

My common sense is telling me get the cloak (I've got the 213 badge cloak).

Ahhhhhhh.

I think i'm going for the trinket first. As I'm still using either both Brewfest trinkets or a brewfest + black heart. Though the cloak is tempting as that is my next lowest piece of gear (Uld25 piece).
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:09 am

Sta Trink then Cloak. My public e-peen(HP) is more important than my private e-peen(armor).
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Luckily the offset items are VERY nice so personally I'm going to be aiming for offset to maximize my gear so I can still keep my current Tier bonuses and still get REALLY good upgrades w/o having to spend 2 times for 1 upgrade.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice