Remove Advertisements

t4/t5

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

t4/t5

Postby Buldozer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Our guild uses loot council and I'm one of the officers that decides which loot goes to who. That said, I really want to know what a good setup is. Our guild is on kael right now, t5 chest isn't too far away as a possibility.. and I see us in MH/BT fairly soon. Let me know if theres any quick upgrades off the early bosses that I could be getting soon too.

I currently have 3/5 t5... Legs, gloves, helm
And 2/5 t4... gloves, legs (I never use these anymore)

I was planning to get the 2 piece t4 bonus, and I'm thinking of using t4 Chest/Shoulder and the remaining t5.

It's kind of hard getting my hands on these pieces on t4, but would you guys recommend these? I'm using Panzar'Thar Breastplate and Mantle of Abrahmis I'm a bit hesitant to lose the stam if I switch to t4.

I like the t4 shoulders because they have BR/BV which I've been doing my best to stack for hyjal. I'd be losing 8 stam with the gems that I'd socket t4 with.

The chest on the other hand, benefits me for the 2 piece bonus (this isn't overrated is it) but I lose 39 BV and some stam by using t4.

Should I try to run 2/5 t4? or should i just get 4/5 t5 and use Panzar'Thar Breastplate? I haven't heard many good responses to the 4 piece t5 bonus, but I personally think that it would be nice to have that extra 100 BV for every first HS block.

I know you guys don't like people linking their armory, but I'm going to link mine anyway, because I want some serious advice on this. Depending on groups I usually sit at around 16-19k hp buffed.

My Armory
When I looked, It's not calculating my spell damage correctly, but I wanted to post this so you guys could see what items I use to get an idea of what stats I have.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for taking the time to help, and please give me a useful response... many times that I start a thread on these forums I don't usually get a response that helps. I'm not trying to bash you guys, just trying to encourage you to put some thought into your response. Thanks again :wink:
Buldozer

Postby Mateo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:55 am

I'm rushing before bed, so I apologize if this isn't as detailed a response as you would've liked.

I'm in the same position as you, except with different pieces of T4/T5. Ideally, you should be working towards both. I'm personally looking for a T4 chest to run shoulders/chest for the 2-piece when I'm tanking adds, or during bosses. I also plan to pick up T5 gloves/chest to get 4/5 T5 for aoe-tanking and then build my sets from there. You'll definitely want to pick up a breastplate, however. Any upgrade that yields spell damage is a blessing, and your only alternative for a spell power chest is to kill Illidan.

The 2-piece T4 bonus isn't overrated, but it isn't something you want to overly cling to as you progress. As soon as I get the aforementioned upgrades, I plan to switch to 1/5 T4, and 4/5 T5 and that will sit me at about 460-470 spellpower unbuffed, which may leave my seals hitting for the same amount as when I had the 2-piece bonus - everything else will be hitting for quite a bit more. I recommend picking up your 4th piece of T5 and filling the other slot with whichever you get your hands on first, although in a perfect world, you'd get both T5 shoulders/chest and switch your gloves out for the ones off of Kael. ^^

Edit: I'd also look into upgrading your weapon. I'm slowly making my way towards a Gladiator's Gavel until I get the one from Hyjal trash-farming. Both Bloodmaw Magus-Blade and Fang of the Leviathan are excellent choices for spell power upgrades.
Mateo

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 am

T5 shoulders are pretty bad; I'm just stuck with them for the set bonus because I never got the gloves from Leo. I'd say go for the chest, and get T4 shoulders.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Buldozer » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 am

Mateo wrote:I'd also look into upgrading your weapon. I'm slowly making my way towards a Gladiator's Gavel until I get the one from Hyjal trash-farming. Both Bloodmaw Magus-Blade and Fang of the Leviathan are excellent choices for spell power upgrades.

Yeah, our guild hasn't seen a Fang of the Leviathan drop... I kinda want to pass on the Bloodmaw Magus-Blade (even though its only dropped once) so I can get the better of the two of these swords.

I've been slowly easing my way to get the arena mace, but I don't do much arena. I'm also looking forward to the mace off of hyjal trash.

PsiVen wrote:T5 shoulders are pretty bad; I'm just stuck with them for the set bonus because I never got the gloves from Leo. I'd say go for the chest, and get T4 shoulders.

Yeah I was kinda thinking that. T4 shoulders > T5 outside of tanking a hard hitting boss... which isn't really the majority, I'd settle for my Mantle of Abrahmis for that. Sad thing is, our 3 weeks in gruul we've had a lot of champion shoulders... i've explained to the other officers that those shoulders are important to me and better than t5, yet they have gone to rogues, casual paladins, and tonight a holy paladin. I hope these drop again before we stop running gruul.

Also, I'm kicking myself for ever going holy... I have the holy t4 shoulders :evil: I wish I could switch em.
Buldozer

Postby Buldozer » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 am

So I'm thinking 4/5 T5 with T4 Shoulders. Would you guys agree this is an ideal set-up?
Buldozer

Postby Delorean » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:01 am

Buldozer wrote:So I'm thinking 4/5 T5 with T4 Shoulders. Would you guys agree this is an ideal set-up?

In my opinion, definitely.
Delorean

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:42 am

I've been thinking about this, and I've tossed around the idea of going with t4 gloves / shoulders for the set bonus, and the rest t5.

Imo there really isn't much of a difference between t4 and t5 gloves, except for the block rating.

comparison, justicar -> crystalforge:
+98 armor
+6 sta
-3 int
+2 spell dmg
-5 block value
+4 defense rating
+22 block rating

Sure, it's an upgrade, but I can't decide if I would rather have that over 10% seal dmg.

wtb thoughts on this :)
SmurfZG

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice