passive block cap set for Anub'arak

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: passive block cap set for Anub'arak

Postby lythac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Arianne wrote:I can say that 96% is too low.

<snip>

That's fairly typical of when I was tanking 4 in my current set of gear. What killed me was two unblocked hits, but it looks like really I also wasn't getting healed much either.

Weapon speed * slow effect * multiplier for nearby add(s) / number of adds

Swings per second

2 adds = 1/((2*1.2*0.5)/2) = 1.67
4 adds = (2*1.2*0.5*0.5*0.5)/4 = 13.34

Per Holy Shield charge (9s)

2 adds = 9/((2*1.2*0.5*0.5*0.5)/4) = 15
4 adds = 9/((2*1.2*0.5)/2) = 120

I hope I worked that out right. Holy shield has a semi decent uptime for 2 adds if your avoidance is 55%+ thus back to back hits are fairly unlikely. 4 adds eat your HS charges and if not geared for very close to passive blockcap you will die.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Wrathy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm

This is fairly easy to prove in real time with out wasting 25 man raid attempts. Just slap on your set you would like to try out, and head down to your favorite 10 man Hard Mode. Tank both the adds, and analyze the parse. Now since I constructed my block set, I have been using it, because you take 0, yes 0, damage from the adds, so I dont have nay lingering parses to analyze. However, if you want to test it out, you are more than healable through it. Our first Tribute to insanities were with no block sets.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Trevize » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Yeah I never used 10 man to test because Insanity isn't guaranteed everytime for us so I don't like to mess around when the healers know they don't have to heal me.

We will see how it goes this Monday when we work on it. Going to try 2-3 different sets and check out some combat logs.
Trevize

Postby Trevize » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:54 am

Spent a few hours last night on it. I logged out in my unhittable set that yielded me the best results. (As a LW, I squeezed the nature resist bracer enchant in the set).

After talking to my healers, I was much easier to heal then my previous set and my own observations followed that same trend. I was at 100.13% I think...so about 1.5% off.
I swapped to my old set for 1 attempt and immediately started to see my health dip quite a bit more.

My combat log showed never being hit for above 3k per hit in my ideal set.

Trevize - Resurrection - Illidan
Trevize

Postby Blitzago » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 am

After killing anub tonight, 800k wipe w/ 50 attempts remaining, so we got him with 49.

I'm only at 90.55% unhittable unbuffed, but I barely took any spike damage, so maybe I got lucky with RNG. Running 3500BV raid buffed or so.

I didn't come close to dying in the 800k wipe or the kill.
Blitzago

Postby Salamandra » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 am

Eh... is that 10-man? That's pretty awful for 25-man single-tanking.
Salamandra

Postby Blitzago » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

25 man.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Blitzago

I'll try to be in my block set.
Blitzago

Postby Petrus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 pm

I've been working on my set and I'm up to 97.58% unbuffed block+avoidance. The main issue here is that I'm really not sure how much I'm getting from raid buffs (MotW, HoW/SoE, Kings) that affect my avoidance. Obviously that number will be different for everyone depending on the amount of dodge that they have in any given set of gear but is there some kind of rough number for the amount of avoidance granted by this ~200 or so agility? It would be nice to know if I'm hitting 101.6% or not with it all.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Trase » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 am

The RAWR.ProtPaladin module is accurate for determining how raid buffs affect your avoidance. Just make sure to set the target to level 82 and to turn off the use of Holy Shield if you want to see your passive avoidance + block.

iMotW, HoW and BoK give me roughly 2.8% dodge.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby Treck » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:40 am

This is my blockset.
http://www.chardev.org/?profile=316476

Im atm 8.4% chance to be hit, with Def and agi elixirs and other raidbuffs, im at 4.5% i think (i actually dont know if ive taken the 101.6% or 100% into account)
But this set worked for me.
A lot better than my last set wich had full unhittability, but a LOT less BV.
The T8.5 gloves are not what i would wish but they have BV, Legs are nice and so is head, those 3 parts i replaced non, or less BV parts, and was able to take a lot less dmg. Sure you want as close to unhittability as possible, but you really want lots and lots of BV aswell.
This also happened to give me 2x2part setbonuses, giving more Hammer and seal dmg.
While i wish i could be at 101,6% with this ammount of BV, this works pretty good. A normal attack from the adds hits for about 12k?, so you should be easy to heal even with one of those spiking through, getting 2 in a row is unlucky, but it can happen, AD ftw :P.
This is for solotanking the adds ofc. 2addtanks just focus on BV like hell, and hope to get as high as possible with unhittability :P
Treck

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice