Remove Advertisements

Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 am

*pokes Petrus* We loooooove you!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11001
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Thanks

Postby Loradin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:26 pm

I've said it before but it bears repeating.

Thank You for doing the work on this list. Great resource for new and old Pallys alike.
Image
Loradin
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:57 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby steadypal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:29 pm

3.3 list inc soon?


gotta figure out if your order is the same as mine,,


still cant figure out between get tier gear out of the way NOW, or get some offspec stuffs,,,,


also the crafted legs and feet how they compare..
steadypal
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Fayia » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 am

My take on this:

With the enormous amount of emblems needed, more than ever it seems planning is in order.

Ask yourself: How lucky will I be in getting marks to upgrade. We do not have 2 versions of the Instance, so if you kill a END WING boss on normal, he will drop the mark to upgrade from ilv 251 to 264. In a week where you kill that boss on heroic, he will drop the mark to upgrade from ilv 264 to 277. But you will MISS OUT on a normal mark dropping (because you can only kill a boss either on normal OR heroic. Not both as in TotC.

Some "on the fly" math:

Clearing wing 1 now for 4 weeks = 8 marks. (2 from Deathbringer x 4 weeks)
Let us pretend wing 2 will be open 2 weeks = 8 marks. (2 from Deathbringer, 2 from Putricide x 2 weeks)
Let us pretend wing 3 will be open 2 weeks = 12 marks (2 from Deathbringer, 2 from Putricide, 2 from Bloodqueen x 2 weeks)
Let us pretend you kill the Lich king on the first week he is released = 8 marks. (4 wings, 4 endbossess, 2 marks each

Now that heroic mode is unlocked on February 7th or so, your raid has 36 marks to upgrade some tier 10 ilv 251 to tier 10 ilv 264. (if we assume every wing will take 4 weeks to release like the first, or you are slow in killing Arthas because the encounter is hard indeed, you might end up with anything up to 80 marks, but it will also be April or May when your raid finally kills Arthas. 80 marks buy 20 raidmembers a 4 piece ilv 251 to 264 upgrade)

If you manage ALL mark dropping bosses on heroic ONLY from now on because you are so awesome, it will still take another 4-5 weeks to upgrade the 38 tier 10 ilv 264 to 277.

Basically make a prio list what Tier 10 will the most incredibly awesome, check if a 2 set bonus isn't already good enough, make an educated accessment that you probably never will have enough marks to upgrade all 4 tier 10 ilv 251 to ilv 264 UNLESS your guild ONLY does normal modes - and decide on that basis if you wouldn't rather buy ilv 264 gear from a vendor.

BTW: Some of the crafted gear costs 5-8 primordeal saronite, that is 115-184 badges for ONE piece of crafted gear or thousands of gold on the AH.
Image
User avatar
Fayia
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 am

I'm using my 3 alts to farm the daily random dungeon and whatever weekly raid quests I can get them into in order to pick up enough frost emblems to fund my main with the primordial saronite. If you have level 80 alts, consider using them FREQUENTLY for this. With my calculations... with three levels 80s doing the daily heroic every single day... in five weeks time I'll have enough primordial saronite to make the legs while still keeping the frost emblems on my paladin for other BoP items.

Would also help if I could get my shaman to 80 in order to help out as well with the badge collection. But having to put 5 level 80s through the daily random dungeon every single day can become cumbersome after a while.

Prioritizing item drops versus badge purchases is incredibly dicey this time round and I'm really looking forward to Petrus' updated list for this!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11001
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Barathorn » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 am

Hi all, apologies for the delay in the update but both Petrus and myself are very busy at the moment.

It is coming, do not fear!

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7104
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby kanst » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:51 am

Nikachelle wrote:I'm using my 3 alts to farm the daily random dungeon and whatever weekly raid quests I can get them into in order to pick up enough frost emblems to fund my main with the primordial saronite. If you have level 80 alts, consider using them FREQUENTLY for this. With my calculations... with three levels 80s doing the daily heroic every single day... in five weeks time I'll have enough primordial saronite to make the legs while still keeping the frost emblems on my paladin for other BoP items.


I am doing this as well, my alt rogue and lock run the daily heroic every day, and get into a couple 10 and 25 ICCs. I think combined they have about 75 emblems of frost so far
Image
kanst
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 9:02 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 am

Barathorn wrote:Hi all, apologies for the delay in the update but both Petrus and myself are very busy at the moment.

It is coming, do not fear!

Barathorn

My god... are you letting the holiday season come before our gearing lists?!?! THE NERVE!





<3
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11001
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Meloree » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 am

Fayia wrote:My take on this:

With the enormous amount of emblems needed, more than ever it seems planning is in order.

Ask yourself: How lucky will I be in getting marks to upgrade. We do not have 2 versions of the Instance, so if you kill a END WING boss on normal, he will drop the mark to upgrade from ilv 251 to 264. In a week where you kill that boss on heroic, he will drop the mark to upgrade from ilv 264 to 277. But you will MISS OUT on a normal mark dropping (because you can only kill a boss either on normal OR heroic. Not both as in TotC.

Some "on the fly" math:

Clearing wing 1 now for 4 weeks = 8 marks. (2 from Deathbringer x 4 weeks)
Let us pretend wing 2 will be open 2 weeks = 8 marks. (2 from Deathbringer, 2 from Putricide x 2 weeks)
Let us pretend wing 3 will be open 2 weeks = 12 marks (2 from Deathbringer, 2 from Putricide, 2 from Bloodqueen x 2 weeks)
Let us pretend you kill the Lich king on the first week he is released = 8 marks. (4 wings, 4 endbossess, 2 marks each

Now that heroic mode is unlocked on February 7th or so, your raid has 36 marks to upgrade some tier 10 ilv 251 to tier 10 ilv 264. (if we assume every wing will take 4 weeks to release like the first, or you are slow in killing Arthas because the encounter is hard indeed, you might end up with anything up to 80 marks, but it will also be April or May when your raid finally kills Arthas. 80 marks buy 20 raidmembers a 4 piece ilv 251 to 264 upgrade)

If you manage ALL mark dropping bosses on heroic ONLY from now on because you are so awesome, it will still take another 4-5 weeks to upgrade the 38 tier 10 ilv 264 to 277.

Basically make a prio list what Tier 10 will the most incredibly awesome, check if a 2 set bonus isn't already good enough, make an educated accessment that you probably never will have enough marks to upgrade all 4 tier 10 ilv 251 to ilv 264 UNLESS your guild ONLY does normal modes - and decide on that basis if you wouldn't rather buy ilv 264 gear from a vendor.


10-man heroic drops 264 tier tokens.

We run 2 runs (15mains/10 alts) of ICC25 per week. We lose pretty minimal firepower, it still takes well under an hour to clear ICC25's first wing. We gain double the tier tokens. Odds on in January when we aren't losing half a raid week to the holidays, we'll run 3, instead (10mains/15 alts), we should have the roster depth to do it. It's possible to be pretty damn close to having the whole raid in 4t10.264 when heroic mode hits. Frankly, I would encourage anyone looking at heroic modes to take advantage of the extremely low difficulty level of normal-mode, and double-up on your loot income.

Tier gear, this time around, is admittedly harder to come by than late-stage ToC's trophy income of 30 or so per week. But not by too much. Plus, I don't expect that we'll be killing all of Putricide, Blood-Queen, Sindragosa, and Arthas in hardmode on 20 attempts in the first week of hardmodes, so there's likely to still be 264 tier income during the real progression.
Meloree
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Barathorn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:02 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Hi all, apologies for the delay in the update but both Petrus and myself are very busy at the moment.

It is coming, do not fear!

Barathorn

My god... are you letting the holiday season come before our gearing lists?!?! THE NERVE!





<3


Yep, that is exactly what I am doing.

Repeat after me,

'WoW isn't real, it doesn't matter'

:wink:

Now Nika haven't you got to monitor your monitors or something? :P

The guides will be coming, please be patient.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7104
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Speaking of monitors... I actually just picked up a 24 inch monitor... unfortunately it looks a bit lopsided with my other 19 inch monitor... What do you do when they don't match?!?!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11001
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Lash » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Upgrade the other one too ;)
Lash
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Lash wrote:Upgrade the other one too ;)


This. :lol:
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Abuna » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 pm

First of all I want to apoligize to Petrus.... I purchased the belt last night, without being able to check the ultimate gear advice list... sorry! Just couldn't wait, and thanks to all the other great info here, felt it was my best upgrade.. which is unlikely to be replaced by a drop anytime soon. The armor and 3 gem slots for Stam gems... nice upgrade.. took me to 42K unbuff with more armor..WIN! WIN! Anyway, anxiously awaiting the new list... hope I dont kick myself... but wanna keep 4 slot, until I can at least get new 2 slot bonus!
Image
Abuna
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby steadypal » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:03 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
steadypal
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?