Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Postby Fayia » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:55 am

If you had to insert the profession only trinkets into the list, how would

[Figurine - Monarch Crab]

fit in here?

Being at 27.22% dodge I think I am already scratching the DR area - so I am even avaoiding the

[Glyph of Indomitability] and the [Libram of Defiance]

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ng&n=Fayia

My trinkets seem just the last two items that I cannot upgrade properly. Any advice? (I have [Eitrigg's Oath] in my bank, but a proc when hit on an item that adds dodge seems so...weird? )
Fayia

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

Fayia wrote:If you had to insert the profession only trinkets into the list, how would

[Figurine - Monarch Crab]

fit in here?

Being at 27.22% dodge I think I am already scratching the DR area - so I am even avaoiding the

[Glyph of Indomitability] and the [Libram of Defiance]

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ng&n=Fayia

My trinkets seem just the last two items that I cannot upgrade properly. Any advice? (I have [Eitrigg's Oath] in my bank, but a proc when hit on an item that adds dodge seems so...weird? )

With the changes to the way JC sockets work, and the better trinkets available, I just don't see the crab being that useful anymore.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Prax » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm

I just recently picked up these shoulders, in ToC10 Heroic. [Sunreaver Defender's Pauldrons]

I am currently using the badge ones, [Shoulderguards of Enduring Order]

Now the question, I see the heroic shoulders are placed over the Badge ones in the list. My question is why? Is it strictly the addition of a gem slot that puts them ahead? I personally am having decision issues with them, 34 more stamina or More avoidance lol.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Prax
Prax

Postby Fayia » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:05 am

With the shoulders (and the itemisation of the gear) I see tanks coming to a point where more dodge and parry is just pushing us deep into DR of dodge and parry (I was at 29% dodge at a point). So an armory link on your gear would help also :)

The way I understand the thread about tanking 101 and the attacktable, there isn't enough dodge and parry on gear (also DR takes care of that) to make block obsolete, you just cannot avoid everything and start to think at a certain point about items with Block Value (The amount of damage absorbed by your shield when an attack is blocked.) - and ofc it increases the damage done with Shield of the righteous and gives more threat.

So indeed you have an extra socket (yay 30 stamina) and some more damage absorbed by blocking.

Seems in TotC everyone is high prio on stamina and dodge, but that just might change for ICC - already I know a few tanks who grab all the block they can when tanking Anub Adds.

halabar wrote:
With the changes to the way JC sockets work, and the better trinkets available, I just don't see the crab being that useful anymore.

But would you say: Forget about the Crab and use the brewmaster trinket? And I do not read happy opinins on the Eitrigg's oath or the glyph of Indomitability in the current raids.

So I guess I am stuck a bit here - which is funnily the same situation for my warlock who raids 25 man 3 times a week. Shitty trinket situation.
Fayia

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Prax wrote:I just recently picked up these shoulders, in ToC10 Heroic. [Sunreaver Defender's Pauldrons]

I am currently using the badge ones, [Shoulderguards of Enduring Order]

Now the question, I see the heroic shoulders are placed over the Badge ones in the list. My question is why? Is it strictly the addition of a gem slot that puts them ahead? I personally am having decision issues with them, 34 more stamina or More avoidance lol.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Prax

Seems that the badge ones do fill the slot between the ToC10 reg and the ToC10 H ones. The raw itemization of the badge ones is nice, but yeah, it's the slot. Gives you more options.

halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Fayia wrote:
halabar wrote:

But would you say: Forget about the Crab and use the brewmaster trinket? And I do not read happy opinins on the Eitrigg's oath or the glyph of Indomitability in the current raids.

Well, it all depends on what you have. But what really made the crab great was early on as a JC, you had few gem slots, and the trinket gave you a great place to put a dragon's-eye stam gem. That advantage has gone away with the JC changes and slots everywhere as you gear up.

But it does depend on what trinkets you have...

halabar

Postby Prax » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Ok, here is the link to my armory
Praxidike

I know that I will lose overall avoidance, but gain the stamina. Again that is my peril.
And btw the RNG hates me. (Especially in the trinket department)
Prax

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:15 pm

The big thing is the whole stam vs. avoidance bit - you're gaining a fair amount of stamina that will always be there for unavoidable things, of which there are two major mechanics in ToC (Gormok's Impale/Anub'arak's Freezing Slash).
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:33 am

There are more than just two which I would call major.

Impale isn't avoidable. The dot done by Impale isn't avoidable. Worms do non-insignificant fire/nature damage even while mobile. Icehowl stuns.

Something like 45% of the damage I take on Twin Val'kyr is magical. 55% isn't avoidable if Twin Spike isn't avoidable.

Anub'arak stuns.
Salamandra

Postby Percival » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Are necks from Ony missing?

Eskhandar's Choker
Eskhandar's Links
Percival

Postby Teakiyari » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Percival wrote:Are necks from Ony missing?

Eskhandar's Choker
Eskhandar's Links

I would like to see how these are ranked as well...
Teakiyari

Postby Petrus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 am

I'll be updating soon. My guild recently fell apart so I'm looking for a new home and once I get some applications out I'll update the list with Ony loots.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:17 am

Petrus wrote:I'll be updating soon. My guild recently fell apart so I'm looking for a new home and once I get some applications out I'll update the list with Ony loots.

I hope you get yourself sorted soon Petrus, I wish you the best of luck.

The Ony loots would be a welcome addition to your list as for quite a few of us the loot does offer significant upgrades while we try to collect EoT.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Ruxpin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Just one minor thing for when you get to update:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47227 Girdle of the Pallid Knight is a drop from the Black Knight
Ruxpin
Maintankadonor

Postby Petrus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:10 pm

I found a guild, so I'll be updating soon (I hope). Eshkandar's stuff is about on par with Fortitude of the Infernal from ToC10.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice